228142 Bullies, 4826 online  
  • Register
Our Sponsors:

Results 11 to 20 of 569
Page 2 of 57 FirstFirst 12 34561252 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image
  1. Fitz is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY
    Posts
    875

    Posted On:
    6/14/2006 11:11am


     Style: Judo, Tomiki Aikido, ??

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by WhiteShark
    I am sayng that the "skeptic" in the video may not be a good candidate as a neutral party. I cite his involvment in NLP as a reason for this. I assume that his beliefs about mental programming and his ability to learn mental programs quickly from NLP practice would make him an ideal candidate for Systema manipulation. Furthermore, he is now a systema associate who is selling the DVD for a profit.

    What part of that do you disagree with?
    I disagree with NLP training being in anyway a detriment to one's ability to act as a skeptic. Such training makes one no more likely to be suseptable to manipulation from an outside source and in fact may be useful at dismantling attempt to induce specific states.
      #11
  2. porch is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    hfx ns ca na da
    Posts
    167

    Posted On:
    6/14/2006 11:24am


     Style: kb, tapping, jjj

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by RobP
    Lol!!!wtf do you think we do, hypnotise everyone who comes to classes, workshops, training?

    Are you feeling sleeeeeppyy now?
    Hypnotic induction is not a necessary precursor to manipulating someone through suggestion. The Amazing Kreskin made it a distinguishing part of his act for years, that he could do everything other stage hypnotists did to people without going through the "You are feeling very sleepy" rigamarole.
      #12
  3. Kungfoolss is offline

    I restore the Balance

    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Sunny Hawaii
    Posts
    4,972

    Posted On:
    6/14/2006 1:44pm

    Join us... or die
     Style: I wear pants

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by DdlR
    http://www.systemaquestionsanswered.co.uk/

    This is a promo. for a new DVD produced by British self defense instructor Richard Grannon, which proposes to answer some of the questions about Systema that have appeared in online forum debates over the years. According to the site, Mr. Grannon has studied quite a wide range of martial arts including Shito-ryu karate, jujitsu, aikido, ninjutsu, Muay Thai and BJJ, and works as a security consultant and doorman.

    The promo. page includes an excerpt from the DVD in which Mr. Grannon is shown attempting various attacks against Systema teacher Paul Genge, as well as an "interview"-style clip in which he explains the reasons for making the DVD and offers some observations about Systema.

    Disregarding the sales hype and assuming that this was an honest attempt by a non-Systema practitioner to investigate/"pressure test" the art, it might be of some value to people who have a skeptical interest in the Russian style.
    :eusa_hand

    Trust me folks, there's absolutely no value to systema regardless of this lapdog's attempt to convince you otherwise. Listen to an actual testimonial by noted martial arts instructor Karl Tanswell. You'll notice the systema cultists here always go deathly quiet whenever this fact is brought up.

    Go to time index 4:56 for systema facts after clip loads.
    Kungfoolss, Scourge of the theory-based stylists, Most Feared man at Bullshido.com, and the Preeminent Force in the martial arts political arena
      #13
  4. WhiteShark is offline
    WhiteShark's Avatar

    1% Shark is better than you.

    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Atlanta GA
    Posts
    9,179

    Posted On:
    6/14/2006 2:02pm

    supporting memberforum leaderstaff
     Style: BJJ/Shidokan

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    DAMNIT! I hate when I agree with Kungfoolss!

    :(
      #14
  5. PointyShinyBurn is offline
    PointyShinyBurn's Avatar

    Gnarly King of Half-Guard

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    London, UK
    Posts
    4,220

    Posted On:
    6/14/2006 2:22pm

    Join us... or die
     Style: BJJ

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Fitz
    I disagree with NLP training being in anyway a detriment to one's ability to act as a skeptic. Such training makes one no more likely to be suseptable to manipulation from an outside source and in fact may be useful at dismantling attempt to induce specific states.
    This might be true if NLP were anything more than a nonsense-filled self-help fad. This guy has proven his inability to act skeptically by falling for it.
      #15
  6. Kobayashi is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    126

    Posted On:
    6/14/2006 2:45pm


     Style: Baguazhang

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kungfoolss
    :eusa_hand

    Trust me folks, there's absolutely no value to systema regardless of this lapdog's attempt to convince you otherwise. Listen to an actual testimonial by noted martial arts instructor Karl Tanswell. You'll notice the systema cultists here always go deathly quiet whenever this fact is brought up.

    Go to time index 4:56 for systema facts after clip loads.
    As far as I'm concerned the Transwell story sounds fishy. Do I believe that Transwell is telling the truth on what happened? Absolutely! What doesn't sound right is that the "instructor" told Transwell that he wasn't attacking the "right way". This goes against the very fabric of the system. In utilizing a free-response methodology, one is encouraged to attack in a variety of unscripted ways; there isn't a caveat of a "right way" for the attacker. Personally, this brings into question who this instructor is? Is he assocated with Vlad, or did he buy someof Vlad's videos and is misrepresenting the system. We already know about the off-base article by Trevor Robinson who resides in the UK. Could this be the same guy?
      #16
  7. MichaelDescado is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Asheville, NC
    Posts
    169

    Posted On:
    6/14/2006 2:52pm


     Style: MMA

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You wanna know if this stuff works? Take a look at the fucking guy that's taking all the hits. No, seriously, watch HIM instead of the guru. He might as well be a stunt man on a movie set.
      #17
  8. Omega Supreme is offline

    Administrator

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    West Coast
    Posts
    23,001

    Posted On:
    6/14/2006 2:59pm

    staff
     Style: Chinese Boxing

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Guys, I'm conducting a research into this as you speak. I've gathered a group of instructors from different areas and we're going over their stuff right now. I'll have my findings by next week.
      #18
  9. BackFistMonkey is offline
    BackFistMonkey's Avatar

    Actual Photo

    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Dayton
    Posts
    8,285

    Posted On:
    6/14/2006 5:46pm

    supporting member
     Style: Recovery-Fu

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Omega
    Guys, I'm conducting a research into this as you speak. I've gathered a group of instructors from different areas and we're going over their stuff right now. I'll have my findings by next week.
    Very nice . I am still in contact with a local (somewhat local anyways ) Systema teacher and am making plans to go visit this summer .


    You wanna know if this stuff works? Take a look at the fucking guy that's taking all the hits. No, seriously, watch HIM instead of the guru. He might as well be a stunt man on a movie set.
    Which is kind of funny . I spent my childhook in an area where I met and dealt with stuntmen , FX guys , movie Martial Artists , I was on the sets of the first two ninja turtle movies (Strangely enoug one of my childhood instructors was "Foot Soldier #1 ") , The Crow , and an ungodly number of low budget action movies .

    Everytime I start watching Systema videos I can almost taste the choreography , cheap coffee , and sugar glass .
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhi108 View Post
    Nuke a unborn gay whale for Christ.
    I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out.
    BILL HICKS,
    1961-1994
      #19
  10. BackFistMonkey is offline
    BackFistMonkey's Avatar

    Actual Photo

    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Dayton
    Posts
    8,285

    Posted On:
    6/14/2006 5:50pm

    supporting member
     Style: Recovery-Fu

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    That video was complete **** .
    If you want to see Systema being pressure tested against viscious, full speed street fight attacks as well as MMA cage fighting techniques you need to buy this DVD now.

    Systema applied in force on force full contact training against:
    OH !!!!!!!!!!!!! I guess I would have to buy a video to see the real stuff that clarifies things ..... this is just an add for yet another Systema video . For a minute there I was thinking that this was some sort of proof that would answer questions .
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhi108 View Post
    Nuke a unborn gay whale for Christ.
    I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out.
    BILL HICKS,
    1961-1994
      #20
Page 2 of 57 FirstFirst 12 34561252 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Powered by vBulletin™© contact@vbulletin.com vBulletin Solutions, Inc. 2011 All rights reserved.