Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    6/14/2006 7:44am

Style: JJ of the B variety

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by hl1978
    I used to train under Faust at RPI, but gave it up after one semester, i couldnt do aikido and isshinryu, and ROTC etc while taking 21-24 credits. At least I found out from faust about Meitokukan (the kendo and iaido school which now trains in schenectady).
    Cool. I just applied for a masters program over there at RPI.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/16/2006 4:37pm

Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Wow I am just following Mr. Jones and Rain around today. Tomiki.org is the JAA/USA website for the organization and has tournament information for the Fall event. It should be a blast. I am a member of the Vassar club, Vassar-Aikido-Club.com, although still new. I love the style, having a small sampling of Kokikai (an Aikikai style) behind me. I am looking forward to BJJ soon, hoping to complement my Tomiki.

I hate hitting people, so it is an easy choice to defer from a striking style. Submissions and pins are an entirely different story...

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/16/2006 10:19pm

Style: Aunkai, Tokyo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Fearless Ukemi
    Cool. I just applied for a masters program over there at RPI.
    RPI peeps on the net??! NEvvveer. lol.

Man, albany seriously sucks ass as far as choices of schools go.

I assume its only gotten worse as time's gone on? (I left about 3 years ago, moved my ass over here to japan)

As for Faust, he's a great guy, but I recommend a guy called Jaime that does Daitoryu over in Schenectady, if you have a car.
    He's got a solid head on his shoulder and tends to lean towards more "practical" application, as far as I can remember.

I mainly did striking myself, but unfortunately the guy closest to what you're looking for is a grad student that was passing by. Sparring was no gloves, throws to the concrete, always had a blast :)

That being said, closest thing to Kyokushin is in menands i think:
    http://www.kesshin-kai.com/about.html
    Dunno the quality, looking at the pics, it looks a little suspect, but in your case I'd say you'd have little choice but to go look it up ^^;

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/18/2006 10:42pm

Style: Aunkai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Upyu
    RPI peeps on the net??! NEvvveer. lol.

Man, albany seriously sucks ass as far as choices of schools go.

I assume its only gotten worse as time's gone on? (I left about 3 years ago, moved my ass over here to japan)

As for Faust, he's a great guy, but I recommend a guy called Jaime that does Daitoryu over in Schenectady, if you have a car.
    He's got a solid head on his shoulder and tends to lean towards more "practical" application, as far as I can remember.

I mainly did striking myself, but unfortunately the guy closest to what you're looking for is a grad student that was passing by. Sparring was no gloves, throws to the concrete, always had a blast :)

That being said, closest thing to Kyokushin is in menands i think:
    http://www.kesshin-kai.com/about.html
    Dunno the quality, looking at the pics, it looks a little suspect, but in your case I'd say you'd have little choice but to go look it up ^^;
    Yeah check out Jaime. I worked out with him once years ago (with upyu), and I think Upyu did several times after that.

The guy has a very interesting background, if he opens up to you.
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234