Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Featherweight

Posted On:
    6/15/2006 2:28am

supporting member
     Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    If you are interested in Judo comps, Igor regularly sends teams to compete in Judo. I trained Sambo with Igor and did quite well in Judo tournaments. Considering my Judo training was just Sambo.
    Igor was Worlds Masters Games gold medalist in Judo, Provincial Judo Champion, and formerly an international level Judo player.
    His juvenile teams do quite well in Judo, Igor has them compete quite regularly.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/15/2006 8:59am

Style: Maybe Kyokushin soon...

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Its was damn tough to decide on which club to join. Both the Judo club and the Sambo are world renowned. For now ive signed up for three months of Judo, and bought a good Gi. Well see how well this time goes before I make a final decision.

Administrator

Posted On:
    6/15/2006 10:38am

staff
     Style: Chinese Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    No, I wish my stories about sambo ended with me kicking someobodies ass but it starts with me listening to the rules and the new changes they made that day and then me being dropped on my head at national, 3 of my submissions being declared illegal over 3 different events, and then me convincing some paremedics that I don't need to go to the stinking hospital.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/15/2006 11:03am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Was it sport Sambo or Combat Sambo tournie? And why is there such a prob with the Sambo tournies? Are they not regulated by a national board?

Administrator

Posted On:
    6/15/2006 11:22am

staff
     Style: Chinese Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    SAMBO tourny.

The problem with SAMBO in the western hemisphere is that they tried to recruit the best wrestlers into the sport. They ended up watering down the system to prevent injuries as wrestlers tend to fight out of positions they were never meant to. Insurance coverage wouldn't cover some of the rules etc. If they would've stuck with the original rules and try to keep the tournies to smaller events and then build them up SAMBO would be a force to recon with. If you join this gym ask them about it. Mid to late 90's it was pathetic.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/16/2006 12:07am

Style: Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Thats a great article and a help to those of us who are considering going to the place to train.
    As soon as I'v finished paying my tuition (Always seems to be more expensive then originally thought) i'm going to definately go now.

Thanks!

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/16/2006 8:20am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    No worries mate. This is one of the reasons the site is so useful. To get a real good look at what martial art clubs are out there, and choose the one right for you. And ninja's. Dont forget ninja's.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12