7/11/2006 8:46am

Join us... or die
     Style: Kyokushin and Judo.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Has anyone else been raped at Judo ?

No I have not been sexually assulted.

But I have been shocked alright.

Typical Judo class, everyone is about to get on the mat and begin warming up before stretching and training. I notice a new guy who just transferred to us from another Judo club. Didn't think much of him except for the fact that he is a blackbelt.

We did warm ups, stetching and breakfall practice aswell as cartweels, **** like that.

Then we did Ichukomi (sp?). Holy ****, this guy knows what he is doing alright.
    Time for randori. He smashed me six different ways to Sunday. I couldn't get a throw on him. No way.

I went in for Ippon Seio nage (shoulder throw) he clinches m waist and suplexes me into the mat. I go in for an uchi-mata he quickly grabs my leg and waist, lifts and body slams me down hard. I was amazed. Not only by his strength but by his speed.

Now this guy was not young. Like I said he was a blackbelt. But he has been doing Judo for over 20 years. He is in his mid fifties, grey hair and slightly chubby. He works as a concretor too so has a very strong grip which is just about impossible to break.

What I learned tonight. Just becasue someone looks a bit out of shape and old, don't think they can't fight. Never. I did and I paid the price for it.
    Hannibal: The sworn enemy of dishonest politicians, source of entertainment on Bullshido and newly appointed Office Linebacker. Terry Tait ain't got **** on me !!!!

Sexiest Punching Bag Alive

Posted On:
    7/11/2006 8:51am

Style: BJJ/Judo/Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Sounds like my judo instructor. He had some sugerys and because of this got out of shape. He is in his 60's and when you spar with him you find him basically un-throwable, with unbreakble grips, and he just lanches you. Fortuantly his ground game isn't as good, so you have a chance there.

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    7/11/2006 8:51am

supporting member
     Style: Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Wow, I guess I never thought about that before.

You're right. Don't judge a book by looking at it's cover.

**** you math class

Posted On:
    7/11/2006 8:55am

supporting member
     Style: TKD, Ballet, Archery

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    man, i think i've heard stories exactly like this posted before, and not just old people, but also blind people and people with one arm. i don't know though, maybe it was from another website.

Grandmaster Sensei of Village Idiocy

Posted On:
    7/11/2006 9:00am

Join us... or die
     Style: Kyokushin and Judo.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    It's an experiance which teaches you humility. I'm thankful for the fact that he went light or else he would have killed me.

There is just no way I could take this guy down. As for break balance techniques, he knows all the tricks......
    Hannibal: The sworn enemy of dishonest politicians, source of entertainment on Bullshido and newly appointed Office Linebacker. Terry Tait ain't got **** on me !!!!

The r34l Drunken Jiu Jitsu

Posted On:
    7/11/2006 9:31am

supporting member
     Style: _razilian _iu _itsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yes, believe it or not there are fighters who are better than you...
    :google:

Number of bottles of beer downed by me and my girlfriend within a half hour while playing the Channel 7 "how many times will they say 'snow' game" during the "Blizzard of '06": 3.5 each.

1% Shark is better than you.

Posted On:
    7/11/2006 9:41am

supporting memberforum leaderstaff
     Style: BJJ/Shidokan

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    There was a guy that I used to wrok out with, he was a civil engineer with coke bottle glasses and a big gut. I used to giggle all the way home from practice thinking about the macho idiot that starts **** with him one day. He ate a ton so he always looked pretty soft but dear god he had slabs of muscle under that insulation. I used to be able to full power teep him in the gut and he'd just laugh it off and pound me. He was quicker and stronger by a huge margin than you would ever guess. The only saving grace was anyone that shook hands with him would know immediately. He had huge caloused solid hands because when he wasn't in the gym he would chop wood for exercise. We live in Georgia so i suspect he bought unsplit wood specifically for the exercise. There isn't much need for year round fuel.

Posted On:
    7/11/2006 9:48am

supporting member
     Style: BJJ - Homeland Security

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hannibal constructed this thread by dictating it to his nurse while he read the Counters section in Kodokan Judo. Then the nurse raped him.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/11/2006 9:53am

Style: Aikido/Judo/BJJ/Naginata

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I get destroyed every time I go to Judo. There are very few lower ranking people at my dojo. I'm only 4th kyu and there's only two other guys that are the same rank and one 5th kyu (a few white belts too but they aren't allowed to do standing randori, only uchi-komi and ne-waza randori). The rest of the club are brown and black belts and there are a lot of them.

These guys have been doing Judo for many years and have iron grips and seriously outmatch me strength wise too. So basically, randori goes like this: I either attempt a throw only to have it easily countered or they throw me at will. I find it quite amusing that I have no chance with these guys at all no matter what age or strength /weight they have. The closest I ever came to actually doing anything to these guys was once in ne-waza randori I almost caught one guy in an armbar. But other than that I don't think I've ever legitimately landed anything on them.

Going against the people at my skill level is a different story. I landed two triangles and a leg sweep last night against the other 4th kyu.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/11/2006 9:54am

Style: Muay Thai , BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'm thankful for the fact that he went light or else he would have killed me.
    O rly? Killed you? In the middle of class during randori? Omgz! Glad that blackbelt was on a leash.
Page 1 of 5 1 2345 LastLast