Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/14/2006 12:19pm

Style: aikido, taijiquan

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by odacon
    You do realise that every tippy tappy wimp with a ponytail will spread this across the internet as proof that MMA thugs can only fight in a ring/cage, and that their stuff is useless in the street. Example:
    Who is saying "proof" or "can only fight in a ring/cage"?

('._.)

Posted On:
    6/14/2006 12:45pm

Style: Mixed Martial Arts

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    So getting suckerpunched in the nose= losing a fight?

Sakurai could have murdered that guy but he probably didnīt want to because he is a nice guy in real life.
    Last edited by Draven; 6/14/2006 12:48pm at .

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/14/2006 12:51pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    And Penn could have suplexed the cop too.

Posted On:
    6/14/2006 1:14pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Camus
    I don't know if that's a fair indication. Regardless of ring experience and titles, Lee Murray is *was* clearly one badass mutherfucker on the legandary street. Besides, how many years of actaul MMA training to Murray even have, not much I think
    Lee Murray has about 8 years of MMA experience, if I recall correctly, mostly MT. But don't forget, Murray himself got stabbed and nearly died in a streetfight a year or two back. I'm surprised there weren't more people snivelling "look, MMA doesn't work against knife!" after that.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/14/2006 1:18pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    According to Gracie J__ J_tsu

"..Rorion Gracie created the Ultimate Fighting Championship for one very simple reason-to answer the age old question, "Which martial art is most effective for a real street fight?""
    (http://www.gracieacademy.com/ufc.htm)

So the intention of MMA was to see what is best for a street fight.

solves problems with violence

Posted On:
    6/14/2006 1:24pm

supporting member
     Style: Judo, Hung Family Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    this is what my girlfriend found in the japanese media:

調べでは、桜井は4月9日午前1時ごろ、茨城県土浦市桜町の路上を知人3人と歩いていた。道幅が比較的狭く 、後方から酒寄容疑者の運転する乗用車が左側を 通り抜けた際に、桜井の左ひざと接触。同容疑者は車を止めた後、桜井と目と目とが合ったことに腹を立て「何 見てんだ、この野郎。何だ、その目は」と言いな がら、顔を1回殴ったという。
    >> mach was walking along a narrow street when the suspect's car hit his left knee while passing by. mach looked at the suspect and he(suspect) got pissed off that he looked at him, then, punched him in his face.

PRIDE関係者によると、桜井は「プロなので手を出さなかった」として、その場では事を荒立てずに帰宅 。その後、病院で診察を受けたところ、左目の下の骨を折るなど、約1カ月の重傷であることが判明し、土浦署 に被害届を出した。
    >> according to PRIDE, mach "didn't fight back because he's a profrofessional (fighter)" they kept it secret and just went home. later, only when he went to a doctor to check the injury, they found out that he broke his bone under his left eye which would take him a month to recover. they reported to police then.

酒寄容疑者は1メートル73、80キロのがっちりした体格。肉付きはいいが、スポーツや武道などの経験は ないという。桜井を殴ったことは認めており「(桜井が)格闘家とは知らなかった」などと供述し ている。
    >> the suspect is 1m73 (5'10"??) 80kg and well built but with no sports or martial arts background. he admit that he hit mach but he didn't know that mach was a martical artist.

事件後、桜井は約半年ぶりの実戦となる「PRIDE武士道〜其の十一〜」に向け、ケガのことを公表せず練 習を続けていた。4月18日以降は、自身のブログに顔写真も載せているが、ケガに関しては一切触れていない 。
     また、「格闘家などでケガの治りが早い」(PRIDE関係者)そうで、対戦相手が決まった今月17日には 記者会見している。25日には練習を公開し、順調な調整ぶりをアピールした。容疑者逮捕の29日は茨城県内 の道場で終日、トレーニングに励んでいた。
    >> after the incident, mach continued his training toward PRIDE bushido, no.11 without making a public announcement. after 4/18, he published his personal blog with his picture but did not mention his injury.
    according to PRIDE people, "he heals quickly cuz he's a fighter" (????) as of the 25th, he's opened his training to public and promoted his good condition. on the 29th, the day the suspect was arrested, he was in his training whole day.
    "Face punches are an essential character building part of a martial art. You don't truly love your children unless you allow them to get punched in the face." - chi-conspiricy
    "When I was a little boy, I had a sailor suit, but it didn't mean I was in the Navy." - Mtripp on the subject of a 5 year old karate black belt
    "Without actual qualifications to be a Zen teacher, your instructor is just another roundeye raping Asian culture for a buck." - Errant108
    "Seriously, who gives a **** what you or Errant think? You're Asian males, everyone just ignores you, unless you're in a krotty movie." - new2bjj

Middleweight

Posted On:
    6/14/2006 2:30pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Shawarma
    Lee Murray has about 8 years of MMA experience, if I recall correctly, mostly MT. But don't forget, Murray himself got stabbed and nearly died in a streetfight a year or two back. I'm surprised there weren't more people snivelling "look, MMA doesn't work against knife!" after that.
    Well, I don't know how many MMA people espouse unarmed knife defense. . .

BUT I just figure the reason we didn't hear much about it is most of the TMAers simply didn't know about it, otherwise, as you said, I'm sure we'd have myriad LARPer dorks sweaty with excitment as they espouse their master's infallible 17-step knife disarm.

Gnarly King of Half-Guard

Posted On:
    6/14/2006 2:35pm

Join us... or die
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    He does seem, however, to have the street skill of getting away with massive amounts of cash from armed robbery. Which I think we can all agree is teh de4adly.

I restore the Balance

Posted On:
    6/15/2006 3:06am

Join us... or die
     Style: I wear pants

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ming Loyalist

>> mach was walking along a narrow street when the suspect's car hit his left knee while passing by. mach looked at the suspect and he(suspect) got pissed off that he looked at him, then, punched him in his face.
    He wow, he did that from the seat of his car. He must have had some real long arms.

>> according to PRIDE, mach "didn't fight back because he's a profrofessional (fighter)" they kept it secret and just went home. later, only when he went to a doctor to check the injury, they found out that he broke his bone under his left eye which would take him a month to recover. they reported to police then.
    What a *****.

>> the suspect is 1m73 (5'10"??) 80kg and well built but with no sports or martial arts background. he admit that he hit mach but he didn't know that mach was a martical artist.
    That's because Mach never behaved like a man.

after the incident, mach continued his training toward PRIDE bushido, no.11 without making a public announcement. after 4/18, he published his personal blog with his picture but did not mention his injury.
    according to PRIDE people, "he heals quickly cuz he's a fighter" (????) as of the 25th, he's opened his training to public and promoted his good condition. on the 29th, the day the suspect was arrested, he was in his training whole day.
    Kungfoolss, Scourge of the theory-based stylists, Most Feared man at Bullshido.com, and the Preeminent Force in the martial arts political arena

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/18/2006 12:43am

Style: street fighting

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Wait wasn't he the guy that got cut by a knife, or was that Sudo? Come on, When your so use to fighting when somebody throw a punch you would react you would just take it. Because you're use to taking punches!
Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 6789 ... LastLast