Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 5678 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    6/13/2006 1:24pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Bits and pieces

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You do realise that every tippy tappy wimp with a ponytail will spread this across the internet as proof that MMA thugs can only fight in a ring/cage, and that their stuff is useless in the street. Example:

Wimp: "Full contact sparring is unneccesary"
    Martial Artist: "That doesn't make sense, how will you know what works in a real situation unless you train full contact in a controlled enviroment? thus closely replicating a realistic self defence scenario."
    Wimp: "Oh yeah? Well one of you MMA guys got into a real fight an was beaten, here's the link:
    http://www.yomiuri.co.jp/dy/national...31TDY02002.htm
    That proves you MMA thugs are only suited to sportfighting competions, you don't know anything about real martial arts, the stuff we learn in secret can kill people!!!!!!!"

BJJ Purple Belt

Posted On:
    6/13/2006 2:35pm

Style: Brazilian Jiu Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    It sounds to me that the guy simply got out of his car and hit Sakurai. Im not familiar with Sakurai's temperment, but I would imagine this story would be a bit different if it were someone were involved with the temperment of say a Phil Baroni....

Posted On:
    6/13/2006 3:40pm

Style: Karate, Sadism, Violence.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    What I want to know is what happened after the guy hit Sakurai?

Posted On:
    6/13/2006 6:04pm

Style: TKD, MT, KEMPO

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Seraphim
    What I want to know is what happened after the guy hit Sakurai?
    Possibly nothing- the guy might be twice his size. And, maybe the construction worker was a fighter himself. With the exception of some of the more sophisticated grappling and certain fighters techniques, most of the striking is probably effective ( as in real life) with people in the same or not too much over, the weight class. dude, it sucks, but that kung fu movie stuff where a guy just breaks out and destroys someone just isn't the way it goes. Didn't Tito Ortiz get pwned my Lee Murray? **** happens. Now, if only he new the SCARS concepts, this would never have happened. Someone better contact Sakurai and have him get in tough with Kungfools so he can learn the "real" ****.

Middleweight

Posted On:
    6/13/2006 6:07pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by new2bjj
    Didn't Tito Ortiz get pwned my Lee Murray?
    I don't know if that's a fair indication. Regardless of ring experience and titles, Lee Murray is *was* clearly one badass mutherfucker on the legandary street. Besides, how many years of actaul MMA training to Murray even have, not much I think

Posted On:
    6/13/2006 7:31pm

Style: TKD, MT, KEMPO

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Camus
    I don't know if that's a fair indication. Regardless of ring experience and titles, Lee Murray is *was* clearly one badass mutherfucker on the legandary street. Besides, how many years of actaul MMA training to Murray even have, not much I think
    The street is definitely a different animal. That doesn't mean that MMA isn't the best way to learn how to fight, but there are always other factors that can't be predicted. Unless you take one of Kungfoolss seminars, and you can handle ANYTHING!

BJJ Purple Belt

Posted On:
    6/13/2006 8:10pm

Style: Brazilian Jiu Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Fighting outside of the ring (i.e. in "t3h str33t") is a different animal if you manage to let your emotions get the better of you.

Jiu Jitsu was made to teach people how to fight with their minds, not with their heart. Its been my experience that when people get emotionally involved enough to get into a street fight, their emotions get the better of them and they just want to pound some fuckers head into the concrete. This leads them to fighting in a sloppy manner and in a way that would not best suit their fighting style (i.e. a BJJ'er who trades punches rather than taking the fight to the ground).

OOOOOOOOOOAAARRGGHH RLY?

Posted On:
    6/14/2006 12:11am

supporting member
     Style: In Transition

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kungfoolss
    Who knows, perhaps Sakurai the type that walks real slow to get out the path of a car. You know the same sort of idiot that walks slow across a crosswalk just to annoy you. Maybe that's what set the driver off.
    He fucking flips over people. He'd more likely cartwheel out of the way or something.

Could have been anything touching him, such as the guys mirror. "You ran into my mirror, I'm going to rearrange you face!" Besides, a lot of construction workers aren't terribly bright. You need a lot of brawn, not brain power to do their sort of work.
    It was probably a beat up pick-up truck too.

Oh wait, it's Japan, they don't know what a truck is.

I restore the Balance

Posted On:
    6/14/2006 1:44am

Join us... or die
     Style: I wear pants

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by War Phalange

It was probably a beat up pick-up truck too.

Oh wait, it's Japan, they don't know what a truck is.
    Well, not a 'real' truck anyways. They can't even drive on the right side of the road.
    Kungfoolss, Scourge of the theory-based stylists, Most Feared man at Bullshido.com, and the Preeminent Force in the martial arts political arena

OOOOOOOOOOAAARRGGHH RLY?

Posted On:
    6/14/2006 1:45am

supporting member
     Style: In Transition

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    They have those mag-lev bullet trucks.
Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 5678 ... LastLast