Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    6/12/2006 11:30pm

Join us... or die
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Well, Boeker is listed as a BJJ brown belt under C. Machado on BBJ.org. We all know that BJJ.org may be dated so he may have received his BB by now (your link reads 10/17).

If we take a leap and assume that Porter was "exposed" his instructor's instructor's over the course of 4 years we can see where he may have played with -

Philippine Weapons include the Esrima, Shuk Sword, - GM Remy Presas

Downfighting and Submission Fighting. - Carlos Machado

however, this is A (Machado/Presas) -> B (Boeker) -> C (Porter) -> D (Scott)........who the **** taught Scott how to use the god damn "rope dart", "okinawan kenpo", and how the hell do you spar full contact with fucking kamas.....bullshit.

Good article, keep fighting the good fight Dai. I look forward to your follow-ups.

Amateur MMA Fighter

Posted On:
    6/12/2006 11:39pm

Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The way I justified it to myself and Dai is this:

If Colt put out a revolver that misfired 75% of the time, and even kicked back and injured the shooter even 1% of the time, there'd be an immediate recall and they'd get HELL for it. Martial arts should be held to the same standard!

Also, by Dai's request, here are a couple episodes I had with Coda:

Episode 1: The Horse-punching Menace

So, I'm in the combatives room on an off day, just going over some jiu-jitsu basics with a student, when in marches Coda Scott, who, at the time, had niether a class-time nor a handful of students to corrupt. He promptly marched up to me, arms militarily stiff at his sides, and said, in a very loud and abrupt manner, "SIR, MY NAME IS CODA SCOTT, AND I'D LIKE TO KNOW IF I COULD PRACTICE IN THIS ROOM RIGHT NOW!"
    ...I looked up at him in shock... "uh...sure?"
    "THANK YOU SIR *bow*"
    I continued doing what I was doing, occasionally looking up to see them practicing poor front sweeps and whatnot, and at one point saw them DEEEEEP into a horse stance, practing a standard reverse punch.
    Then, I tuned in on Coda's voice... "...and this is the deadliest punch in Karate. This punch can kill a man, and it only takes one shot to the chest to kill him, no matter how big he is!"
    I sat in amazement, completely forgetting whatever it was I was doing...because honestly, why was I training in all this boxing, kickboxing, jiu-jitsu nonsense anyway, when really, all I needed was the reverse punch from horse stance! Eureka!!!

Episode 2: Attack of the Paper Wads

Another similar afternoon, I walk in to find what appears to be the "True Power World Combat Team" engaged in some sword practice. Bokken at the ready, I expect them to go through a sword kata or something...instead, Coda squares up across the mat from them, and starts pitching paper-wads at them, as his students bat at them like Dai playing T-ball. I had to turn around and leave to avoid laughing aloud and possibly incurring the wrath of TRUE power.

"I feel naked I was so distracted by your penis"

DETROIT WHAT! (and surrounding upper-class burbs)

Posted On:
    6/12/2006 11:48pm

Style: Ving Tsun

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    tl; read a couple of times though... PRICELESS!!!

Dai, you are my hero for at least the rest of the month. If I could +rep you... wait a second. I can! Woot Zoints!

edro, why didn't you just walk over and let the guy actually reverse punch you in the chest? Seems like an easy enough solution to that bullshit.

Dagon

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:

Join us... or die
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Edro - - please, please for the love of god get some bootleg video and post it.

Registered Member

Posted On:

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Could someone please get this guy on tape? While he's full of ****, he's also hilarious, albeit at his own expense...

Amateur MMA Fighter

Posted On:

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Dagon Akujin
    edro, why didn't you just walk over and let the guy actually reverse punch you in the chest? Seems like an easy enough solution to that bullshit.

Dagon

Because he might've killed me!!!

Mostly, I just sit here. Mostly.

Posted On:
    6/12/2006 11:51pm

hall of famestaff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    It is after all a universe of infinite possibilities.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/13/2006 2:01am

Style: HKD, TKD, Crappling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by edro_donwaldo
    He promptly marched up to me, arms militarily stiff at his sides, and said, in a very loud and abrupt manner, "SIR, MY NAME IS CODA SCOTT, AND I'D LIKE TO KNOW IF I COULD PRACTICE IN THIS ROOM RIGHT NOW!"
    ...I looked up at him in shock... "uh...sure?"
    "THANK YOU SIR *bow*"
    I have anew student that exhibits similiar behavior. He is over-the-top formal and doesn't even know why.

The best way to describe him is as a MA Geek- much like a Comic Book Geek, RPG Geek, Movie Geek, etc. Now, not to be hypocritical, I have been all of these, but there are those that go beyond simple geekdom and Live-For whatever their particular bailywick is. There is nothing else in life, they "know" everything about their obsession, and they are willing to show off their kowledge to anyone within earshot.

The problem with this UberGeek is that they cannot see the forest for the trees. They need to get out more and actually get a life, then they can see their "passions" with a more balanced mind. They will also actually learn what is real and not just their silly fantasy. Again, I was (and am) a Comic-RPG-Movie-Martial Arts Geek... but I could still get laid and didn't annoy everyone around with my blistering ignorance.

As for my student? Well, he is only 15 and a white belt newbie. I have plenty of time to get his head out of his ass. And if I can't, well, he won't survive my program.

Welterweight

Posted On:
    6/13/2006 2:54am

supporting member
     Style: Yoseikan Budo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    What I like is also the Shodan Master in Bushido-Kai Kendo...

Shodan is first Dan hence you have the basics how can you put Master after that ????

and Bushido-Kai Kendo seems wierd to me a quick google comes with a bunch of club named that way but no specific style.

The only close style I come up with is Hiryu Bushido Kai.

Mind you it needs a bit more looking into since this is a 10 minutes Google search...
    Martial Arts is like sex, if you over complicate it with exotic sounding names, theories and principles, you end up fucking yourself in the ass. -Ronin69

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/13/2006 7:19am

Style: Judo, Xbox

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by edro_donwaldo
    Because he might've killed me!!!

BAHAHAH!!!

This clown isn't even in my timezone and I desperately want to pound him into the ground.

In addition to his various martial skills he's apparently a maaaaad graphic artist.

Last edited by Beaton Yu; 6/13/2006 7:22am at .
Page 2 of 88 FirstFirst 12 34561252 ... LastLast