Page 1 of 5 1 2345 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    6/09/2006 9:49pm

Style: mixed

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Mcdojo INVASION! (II)

If you are a follower of my threads, (and God save you if you are) you will know that I have had a minor complication at my Dojo for renting out mat time to a horribly bad karate school.

cliff notes of the past thread (omit if you remember/don't care)

I gets pissed because there is a mcdojo-ish class who rents mat time at our school that practice the art of blackbelt factory.

I complain that it is making my school look bad and that i should gong sau them. (this was that the era where saying "gong sau" was cool and the site was influenced by JFS.)

most members stated that renting mat time to a Mcdojo is a way to keep my school running. money is money...:nobodycar

I still secretly wanted to kick the instructors' ass, a 16 year old 3rd dan blackbelt. who will be getting his 4th dan in one month

I let it go
    so anyway, a few days ago, while watching class, I was confronted by the instructor's mom. she told me that the higher belts in the class needed a lot of work.

skip to the red text if you do not want to read my epiphany

From this, I thought to myself, if these guys know that they need help, than I shouldn't have hatred toward them. perhaps I shouldn't judge these guys just because they suck large quantities of ass....
    should I go in there to bash some heads in, or should I act as teacher and motivate these guys while sparring??
    I realized that the only way to solve bullshido is to improve the training...

what happened in the class

so I strapped on someone else's sparring boots and walked into the class. was introduced etc.

he handed me all of his tougher guys, which were the high rankers of the class. one by one. the sparring looked similar to BJJ class sparring in which everyone takes a square and goes to town.

the first guy, I throw a lot of kicks to the empty air in front of the guys face, signaling the "I woulda hit ya".

the second guy was the highest ranker of the class he was really motivated. about 6'3 180 lbs mid-twenties. threw a lot crazy air kicks and such. I did the same for this guy as i did for the earlier guy, except more contact. (I'm a TKD guy so I am a master at unneccessary high kicks and such)

after class, karate mom comes up to me, she told me that they really needed that, and that if I could, come by to help as much as i could. then, she tried to get me to sign up for the class, and that I would get a good deal!

I was like WTF???? I smiled and told her "well, I'm pretty busy right now, and I am trying to concentrate all of my training into Jiu Jitsu."

after class I asked the instructor if he ever wanted to spar, I would really like it. ( I still want to kick this guys ass, within his rules at least) he told me he had his wisdom teeth removed, and he has not sparred in a very long time. (a true 16 year old veteran master)

I asked him how often he takes classes for himself, he told me he takes class once a month. ONCE A FUCKIN MONTH AND HE IS GOING TO TEST FOR 4th DAN IN ONE MONTH @ 16 YRS OLD.

anyways, give me your thoughts, one the whole episode.

did I do the right thing trying to go in and spar with these guys upon they're request?
    should I continue doing it?
    was it wrong for them to try and sign me up for their class?

thanks for reading, any questions that you have for me will be answered tomorrow morning.... thanks.
    Last edited by broken fingers; 6/09/2006 9:54pm at .

resident sick ****

Posted On:
    6/09/2006 9:53pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Being a total psychopath

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Welcome back Kid.
    I think that you should get them to come to your classes since you're better than they are.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/09/2006 10:23pm

Style: Shotokan

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    OK, let me get this straight.

You demonstrated to them how crap they are then they wanted YOU to pay THEM to go to their classes?????

Doesn't it usually go the other way around????

No wonder they don't have any contact, that type of bizarro MA logic hurts enough.

ARGUMENTUM AD LATINUM DICTIONAIRUM

Posted On:
    6/09/2006 10:26pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Argumenta ad Rem

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    WOW!

I mean . . . WOW!!

This thread makes me weep, my prostate heavy, and my bladder fill to bursting!

This is all that is "wrong" with martial arts--"krotty," "bullshido," "McDojo," kids, all of it.

You should demand they all KILL THEMSELVES!!! YOU SHOULD KILL THEM!! [Stop that!--Ed.]

Okay . . . yes . . . right . . . calm now. . . .

did I do the right thing trying to go in and spar with these guys upon they're request?
    Yes, since it appears you were a gentleman about it. You showed what you needed to show. They will either get the picture or not.

should I continue doing it?
    No.

It is a waste of your time. It will piss you off. If you are not "part of the class" like Mummsy tried to make you, then you will become a threat to her Precious. Not to insult you, but I bet you are not "t3h d34dly 4th Dan"--if you are or more, fine, but if not--which means you will continually demonstrate to everyone that this kid is a kid and not worthy of teaching anyone. In fact you will demonstrate that he MUST KILL HIMSELF!!

Right . . . sorry . . . where was I?

was it wrong for them to try and sign me up for their class?
    That is what pissed me off so much! I mean . . . I almost cannot believe the situation! In fact, I am calling teachers and collegues at this moment to share this. My word!

• 1. The MOTHER of the teacher approaches you!
      2. She ADMITS the class is "t3h sux!"
      3. You confirm this.
      4. They then have the audacity to ask you to join "teh sux!" at a reduced rate?

That is wrong on so many [CENSORED--Ed.] levels . . . you should send HER a bill for your "Seminar."

A few hundred is the going rate--do not the Gracies charge something like $250 for private lessons of an hour or so?

--J.D.

resident sick ****

Posted On:
    6/09/2006 10:36pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Make them your personal disciples.

resident sick ****

Posted On:
    6/09/2006 10:39pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Or not I really think you should convert them to the darkside.

i keep tryin to spar, but nothin happens!

Posted On:
    6/09/2006 10:41pm

supporting member
     Style: karate / bjj

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    foam booties AND no contact? what the **** are you DOING?

edit: you added "more" contact for the second guy. please explain, cause i'm somewhat perplexed as to what the hell was going on here.

resident sick ****

Posted On:
    6/09/2006 10:44pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    This is what happens when theres no video.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/10/2006 1:34am

Style: Short fat wimp style MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Wasn't there a news article floating around a while back about a 16 year old black belt instructor, that everyone was all ep in arms about?

Is this THAT sixteen year old black belt instructor?

Administrator

Posted On:
    6/10/2006 2:54am

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The only important part is a 16 year old telling anybody he hasn't sparred in a long time. Going for a 4th Dan at 16 years old and you can't spar.

Yeah hurt, I remember a thread like that were a mom came in a cried because, we were mean.
    Last edited by It is Fake; 6/10/2006 2:57am at .
Page 1 of 5 1 2345 LastLast