Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/07/2004 7:37am

Style: Style

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Bujinkan Dojos and Shidoshi

There are some on here who do not like the Bujinkan and attack the whole organization and some who say the whole organisation is great. Since two seperate Bujinkan Dojos can be as different as night and day why don't we just cut the **** and get down to business.

I have started this thread for people to talk about specific Bujinkan Shidoshi. This thread is for people to name specific schools and teachers and say why they like or dislike them or just what thier experience was with them. Since we all know generalizations are generally bull. Let's cut the bull and expose the bullshido.

Merry Christmas Bitch

Posted On:
    5/07/2004 7:40am

Join us... or die
     Style: Canadian Shidokan

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    First thing would be to STOP using archaic titles for your instructors...

To the Bat Pole!

Posted On:
    5/07/2004 9:19am

Join us... or die
     Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    My Shidoshi is Paul Richardson, of the Bujinkan Lincoln Dojo. He's an ex-bouncer who's been studying taijutsu for 20+ years and is an 8th Dan. He's extremely knowledgable about 'real' fighting and taijutsu. He insists on accuracy - what you're doing is either right or wrong (Make-it-up-jutsu won't do). I've challenged him to show taijutsu in a more realistic setting (i.e. attacking him properly rather than 'soft' training), and what he's teaching works better than the Karate, Judo and Kung-Fu I've done before. He plays down the ninjutsu side of the Bujinkan to avoid having sad ninja wannabes coming along, and generally is a very down-to-earth, realistic guy. He most certainly does NOT run a McDojo.
    Mr Politically Correct GIJoe6186:
    Fat people disgust me in every way imaginable. I was at Freindly's with my girl tonight and saw a bunch of fat fuckers. I felt sorry for the pavement they were killing and the people who had to see them. .

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/07/2004 10:03am

Style: Bujinkan Budo Taijutsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    When I started at my dojo in Minneapolis there were several Shidoshi-ho instructors close in rank who led class under the sponsorship of Kevin Schnieder shihan. I've trained with him only several times, as he gives seminars here on a semi-regular basis. He may not appear to be the poster child of physical fitness any more, but I think the fact that he's on a firefighter EMT crew says enough. Besides amazingly creative and powerful taijutsu (taking a light shot from him puts a lot of things into perspective) he has a wonderful gift for telling students exactly what they need to hear to grow, even if it doesn't settle in for a while. I think Shinbushi started out as his student, I don't want to put words in his mouth but everyone I know who was under Kevin is very levelheaded and straightforward about taijutsu.

After the first few months I attended, the instructors started focusing time with students in their respective necks of the woods. Mostly out of convenience, I've stayed primarily at the original location under Ethan Capers. He is currently a 4th dan for what it matters, with twenty-something years of MA experience in various systems competitive and not. He was a personal fitness trainer, is certified in executive protection, worked night club security in both Los Angeles and Minneapolis for around 12 years, and now acts as director of operations for a small personal protection firm that I work for occasionally. Between bodyguard and club security work he has been involved in a number of altercations, several of which involved firearms or knives. He by necesssity puts what we study to the test, seeks out the best teachers, and has the experience to back it up. A couple others include an honorably discharged Navy man and an an Isreali with IDF service. The diverse body types, teaching styles, experience, and perspectives offered by several people close in rank and ability immediately made me appreciate the open-ness of this art.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/07/2004 10:34am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Originally posted by TheGodDamnMan
    Not that ronin comes off as the kind of person who gives a **** about reality esp. if it doesn't benifit his ego but since I am a kind person I will give him the benifit of the doubt.

Is not shidoshi a relatively new term for instructors made up by Masaaki Hatsumi?

And also. I am under the impression that the bujinkan has alot of military personell esp. special forces types training in it, is this not true?

Merry Christmas Bitch

Posted On:
    5/07/2004 10:45am

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You REALLY don't know me at all.

I have issuse with people using stupid titles with NO reason or justification.

If you don't understand that...

In ANY Japanese system SENSEI is MORE than adequate.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/07/2004 11:17am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    So you have a problem with nonconformists? If it was up to you would we all were the same clothes? Your biggest critisism is that they don't use the right word? This is worthless to me. Like the majority of the stuff on the ninja hating threads. I don't have any affiliation with the bujinkan. I don't care who wants to critisise it. But most of what I see on here is people that don't like it talking all kinds of nonsensical bullshit. I want to hear from people who been there or at least have some knowledge of what they are talking about.
    Last edited by TheGodDamnMan; 5/07/2004 11:20am at .

Merry Christmas Bitch

Posted On:
    5/07/2004 11:39am

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Buddy, LONG before the idea of the bujinkan was itching Hatsumi's tabi's,
    systems like the Tenshin Shoden Katori Shinto ryu taught ninjutsu ( to name only one).

What I am saying is that, for the Bujinkan to regain some of its credibility, it needs a serious overhaul.
    And if you can't start with something so irrelevant as a title...

Registered Member

Manhattan Beach, California, United States

Posted On:
    5/07/2004 1:11pm

Style: Muay Thai, Judo, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Difference is Sensei is an honorific term that you cannot use for yourself.
    Shidoshi is the actual teaching license Soke awards at 5th Dan.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/07/2004 2:15pm

Style: Buj. budo taijutsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    offtopic ; @ TS , good topic made! , just bashing is something anyone can do.

I'm in the bujinkan for just a short period of time but it's not so hard to seperate the "good" from the "bad " people i think.
    Overall you can say that the people who make idiotic statements and make promises they shouldnt do can be classified as "bad " .
    The good people can only be discovered when you go out and seek for them...

Off course ; the bujinkan also has people who think they're funny.
    Then there is a choice ; do i bother of do i just laugh about it?
    I only bother if it's possible , 99% of the time even bashing does'nt help so why even bother?

Best thing is to laugh about them and don't let them screw up your days ;)

( sorry for the spell. errors.. need to work on it... )
Page 1 of 18 1 234511 ... LastLast