The gift that keeps on giving

Posted On:
    6/15/2006 11:35pm

supporting member
     Style: On hiatus

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by UpaLumpa
    Every guy I know says they're decent at pool. I know I suck but I'm also pretty sure I'm worse than I think I am, so even I'm lying.
    So you're saying that you are actually really bad at pool. I mean, really bad. Worse than sucking at playing pool.

And idiot should be reserved for morons who believe what they see on reality shows to be an accurate representation of reality.
    You are right. But I don't see how lying about a simple couple games of pool would make sense. You know the history between those guys, why would Ortiz lie to make Shamrock look good on tv?

Oh, I know. Another thing they edited out of the show was them also paying Tito $10,000 to say that Ken ran the table after he had only one shot in the 2nd game.

Old School DM

Posted On:
    6/16/2006 9:12am

supporting member
     Style: Nothing current

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by pauli
    is ken going to do something classy with the $10k...
    Here's a better question. If you buy $10k worth of Xyience doe the Xyience girls deliver it personally and give you a thai massage with happy ending?
    Jesus loves you. I think you're an asshole.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/16/2006 12:04pm

Style: Box, Kickbox, No-gi BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Did Tito ever tell you how big that one fish he caught was?

While we men may lie about several things but the big two are:
    How good we are at any game/hobby.
    How hot the women we've hooked up with are.

Every guy I know says they're decent at pool. I know I suck but I'm also pretty sure I'm worse than I think I am, so even I'm lying.

And idiot should be reserved for morons who believe what they see on reality shows to be an accurate representation of reality.
    When I have time (got to run to work soon), I'll tell the story of me and one of my Pool coaches (who happened to have once been both world 8 ball and 9 ball champion, and has been on ESPN numerous times as both a player and a commentator) hanging out in a fancy nightclub type pool hall (where serious players don't go) having fun, and some amateur player coming up and trying to hustle us. Was hilarious. Some guy thought he could rob some guys hanging out in a fancy nightclub type pool hall...and he picks a former world champion! Lost all his money.
    :owneddanc

Exasperated.

Posted On:
    6/16/2006 12:35pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by sfe
    You are right. But I don't see how lying about a simple couple games of pool would make sense. You know the history between those guys, why would Ortiz lie to make Shamrock look good on tv?
    I don't think he was really intentionally lying. He was exagerating, I've seen it done and done it myself when talking about pool and similar games.
    "Man I made one bad shot and then you go and run the table (unstated: in two turns)"

As to why, it plays up the rivalry and adds some amusement to the situation. Hell there's a thread on it isn't there?

Oh, I know. Another thing they edited out of the show was them also paying Tito $10,000 to say that Ken ran the table after he had only one shot in the 2nd game.
    Yuck yuck yuck.
    Watch the episode again, I could be wrong about how many balls were on the table but I don't think so.

Posted On:
    6/17/2006 12:49am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I don't think he was really intentionally lying. He was exagerating, I've seen it done and done it myself when talking about pool and similar games.
    "Man I made one bad shot and then you go and run the table (unstated: in two turns)"
    Do you have video of Tito making this "unstated" remark?

You're saying that if you had a game of pool you played filmed you would edit the film to make you look bad?

And that everyone who plays pool would do the same?

Exasperated.

Posted On:
    6/17/2006 7:31pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    It's how occasional players sometimes talk about pool, I've seen it tons of times.
    Get over it.

Watch the tape and come back with a reasonable explanation and a ball count otherwise I'll just consider you a gullible simpleton.

Posted On:
    6/22/2006 3:08am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    It's how occasional players sometimes talk about pool, I've seen it tons of times.
    Get over it.

Watch the tape and come back with a reasonable explanation and a ball count otherwise I'll just consider you a gullible simpleton.
    I shouldn't bring this up again but...

Upa, you are an idiot.

I made the statement that Ken ran the table and now you are asking me to give a ball count (after I have watched the match two times, how many times have you watched it?).

How about you provide proof that when Tito said that Ken ran the table in the second game he was lying.

I started this thread, it's up to you to show facts to dispute it.
    Last edited by Steve; 6/22/2006 3:11am at .

Exasperated.

Posted On:
    6/22/2006 11:13am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Multiple people have told you that your original interpertation was incorrect.

If you want to get all "reasoned debate" on this you've never provided evidence for your original premise. You stated Ken ran the table. It is on you to demonstrate that's the case. It wasn't. Watch the tape.
    If you want to come up with alternative and rule defying explanations as to why the number of balls on the table was what it was that's on you. You're still wrong.

And, no, I didn't say tito was lying (though I did mention the things guys will lie about). I said he was probably using the term "ran the table" in the casual and inaccurate manner I've heard hundreds of times. I've spent a lot of time in bars and it is common.

Exasperated.

Posted On:
    6/22/2006 11:13am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    This is seriously retarded if you care that much just watch the episode again.
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456