Posted On:
    6/15/2006 5:29pm

supporting member
     Style: American Kenpo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by BaguaMonk
    Props for posting vid.

As other people have said, you guys need more footwork :) Not bad though. Also you seem to stand almost backwards (when standing sideways), someone who is good at closing the gaps would take advantage of this. It just seems like you guys go back and forth, in almost a straight line, which is ok, I used to do this in my Karate/TKD/Kempo days as well. One good thing would be working on counters and entering strategy, instead of just blocking, and THEn following with a kick, work on moving outside of the punch and attacking from outside angle simultaenously, even if he moves, you move and keep exposing the angles. Maybe stick to him a little bit, this is one good thing I learned from IMA.

Of course hindsight is 20/20, and anyone can critique someone else's video. Keep training, cheers :)
    Really???? Did you bother to read the thread, it doesn't appear like you have?

Have a great Kenpo day

Clyde
    Saving Kenpo souls one at a time!

Put down your purse!

Speed is fine, but accuracy is final. Wyatt Earp, 1888

"For certain 'tis a shameful spite, and dreadful to the heart,
    For an Irishman to see a fight, and not be taking part."

--"How McPherson Held the Floor"

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/17/2006 8:52pm

Style: JKD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    more respect from both sides would make this a better thread. But seriously though, why so much criticisim? I mean, he jus tposted a video and all of these assumptions come about with regard to him and his students.
    Take a random clip from almost any school/style and you can say the same thing. Seriously, I am getting sick about it. Don't be so harsh unless it is Bullshido, this is not the case with these clips.
    Leave it alone.

That being said, respect is a two way street, I don't know if people knew Clyde was such a hot head and egged him on making him seem like a jerk to anyone that asked any true question. I don't know if Clyde is a jerk but I would be a bit pissed if I put a clip of myself trying my best in a MA not being in a McDojo and having my own comrades come down on me.

Not a sermon, just a thought.

Kenpo Instructor

Posted On:
    6/17/2006 9:45pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Cough/Cool
    more respect from both sides would make this a better thread. But seriously though, why so much criticisim? I mean, he jus tposted a video and all of these assumptions come about with regard to him and his students.
    Take a random clip from almost any school/style and you can say the same thing. Seriously, I am getting sick about it. Don't be so harsh unless it is Bullshido, this is not the case with these clips.
    Leave it alone.

That being said, respect is a two way street, I don't know if people knew Clyde was such a hot head and egged him on making him seem like a jerk to anyone that asked any true question. I don't know if Clyde is a jerk but I would be a bit pissed if I put a clip of myself trying my best in a MA not being in a McDojo and having my own comrades come down on me.

Not a sermon, just a thought.

Thing is, I've been taking the hits for 30 years now, longer than most of my critics have been alive, but somehow they've got tried and true methods they've learned from their instructors they won't dismiss. Most of the criticism is from those that have probably trained for less than 10 yrs, and suddenly they're armchair experts. Ever see the show "Pros vs. Joes", this is what it's like relating to my detractors LOL.

Have a great Kenpo day

Clyde

Put down your purse!

Do you eat breakfast?

Posted On:
    6/17/2006 9:51pm

supporting member
     Style: Kitty Pow Pow!!!

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Keep on sucking your own cock there, Clyde.
    Ranked #9 internationally at 118lbs by WIKBA http://www.womenkickboxing.com/wikba...rch%202009.htm

Posted On:
    6/17/2006 10:02pm

Style: wagamichi shorei kempo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Clyde
    Have a great Kenpo day

For some reason this drives me insane everytime I see it. Are you telling us to have a kenpo day? Do you have the authority to command this? What If we have allready had 200 great kenpo days in a row and we want a crappy day? Now there is this unrelenting pressure to somehow come up with a great kenpo day. Dude Its just not fair to keep putting this on everyone. I don't dictate you to have a great waga-michi day. The other guys don't say...Hey have a great Judo day. Stop it!

Kenpo Instructor

Posted On:
    6/17/2006 10:45pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kidspatula
    What, you jealous you're not?

Clyde

Put down your purse!

nuthin' ta f*ck with

Posted On:
    6/17/2006 10:55pm

supporting member
     Style: MT/SUB GRAPPLING

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by wagamichi
    For some reason this drives me insane everytime I see it. Are you telling us to have a kenpo day? Do you have the authority to command this? What If we have allready had 200 great kenpo days in a row and we want a crappy day? Now there is this unrelenting pressure to somehow come up with a great kenpo day. Dude Its just not fair to keep putting this on everyone. I don't dictate you to have a great waga-michi day. The other guys don't say...Hey have a great Judo day. Stop it!
    When he puts it at the end of a happy post it means I do Kenpo and have a great day.

When he puts it at the end of a confrontative, ill-tempered post it means I do Kenpo and I don't give a **** what you have to say so **** you.

Hope that clears things up.

Posted On:
    6/17/2006 11:05pm

Style: wagamichi shorei kempo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    My turn. Let me clear up my post. The whole point of this thread is so god damn stupid that I thought bitching about a signature was more intelegent that the whole. "You suck But I am too much of a ***** to post a vid of myself doing anything" Bitch fest.

Administrator

Posted On:
    6/18/2006 4:57pm

staff
     Style: Chinese Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Well I for one have stepped on the mat with Clyde, not many on this thread can say so. Clyde would take most of you apart. He's obviously not even trying in that video and even when he's trying his general fighting style is about the same. I don't argue with what works. Clyde stuff works, if you have a problem with it jump on the mat. You guys just juxtapose yourselves with late 80's krotty instructors who downplayed grappling. Welcome to hypocracy.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/18/2006 6:27pm

Style: JKD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kidspatula

I tried this after a 10 hour fast eating only herbs and Lite Force 2 months prior...I couldn't do it and pulled my back really bad. The fact that Clyde can do this is testament to his Kenpo.