Page 1 of 24 1234511 ... Last

Thread: Kenpo sparring

  1. #1
    Clyde's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Phoenix AZ
    Posts
    583
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

    Kenpo sparring

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LXq9K33HGng

    Here's a vid of me going at it with some of our guys in Pittsburgh for those that asked to see me do what I do. Mind you, I'm not going at them hard and heavy, just letting them get a taste of what they WILL be able to do later.

    Have a great Kenpo day

    Clyde
    Saving Kenpo souls one at a time!

    Put down your purse!

    Speed is fine, but accuracy is final. Wyatt Earp, 1888

    "For certain 'tis a shameful spite, and dreadful to the heart,
    For an Irishman to see a fight, and not be taking part."

    --"How McPherson Held the Floor"

  2. #2

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    SF CA
    Posts
    77
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    coming from a boxing view, there seems to be little foot movement , is that a kenpo thing or just that you are sparring lightly?

  3. #3
    Clyde's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Phoenix AZ
    Posts
    583
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Qtip inspector
    coming from a boxing view, there seems to be little foot movement , is that a kenpo thing or just that you are sparring lightly?
    What would be the purpose of footwork movement? Why do I need to move?

    Have a great Kenpo day

    Clyde
    Saving Kenpo souls one at a time!

    Put down your purse!

    Speed is fine, but accuracy is final. Wyatt Earp, 1888

    "For certain 'tis a shameful spite, and dreadful to the heart,
    For an Irishman to see a fight, and not be taking part."

    --"How McPherson Held the Floor"

  4. #4

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    60
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    All I have to say is AIIYAH! (Follow with punch or kick, opponent on the ground)

  5. #5

    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    2,147
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Clyde
    What would be the purpose of footwork movement? Why do I need to move?

    Have a great Kenpo day

    Clyde
    I usually move because of two reasons.

    1) I'm pressing my opponent (people moving backwards usually have trouble shooting on me or hitting me.
    2) I'm getting pressed backwards and I need to move off the line an attempt to press the action more.

  6. #6
    Proximus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Durham,NC
    Posts
    44
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Good Vid.

  7. #7

    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    448
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hmmmn, doesn't look....bad, I guess.
    Ah well, can't judge till I get a video of my own up, eh.

  8. #8

    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    NE Alabama
    Posts
    654
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I love how you stuck your hand in the guys face in the middle of there stuff, and when you blocked their punches by just raising your arm.

    I liked it around 2:15 to.

    Props for posting a vid!

  9. #9
    Fantasy Warrior's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    2,707
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Gets a lot better viewing towards the end. :)

    To be honest they look like typical semi-contact sorts - some of the punches they threw at you had absolutely zero ummppphhh to them. If I where you viewing that vid I'd be thinking "nice take downs, could have been a little bit tighter on the groundwork and should keep my guard up in future".

    Those guys would get demolished by an average kickboxer.

    Props for posting! Thanks :)
    You are a total Douchbag. Train more, post nevermore.
    FickleFingerOfFate -08-21-2007 08:59 AM

    just die already.
    Plasma - 08-20-2007 11:45 PM


    Aikidokkkkakkakakakaaaaa
    Best MA website ever!!!!!: http://www.dogjudo.co.uk/

  10. #10

    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    448
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by kickcatcher
    Gets a lot better viewing towards the end. :)

    To be honest they look like typical semi-contact sorts - some of the punches they threw at you had absolutely zero ummppphhh to them. If I where you viewing that vid I'd be thinking "nice take downs, could have been a little bit tighter on the groundwork and should keep my guard up in future".

    Those guys would get demolished by an average kickboxer.

    Props for posting! Thanks :)
    Hmmn, true.

Page 1 of 24 1234511 ... Last

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Log in

Log in
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO