Style
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Well, I guess introducing is part of the experience...

Hi to you all.

[insert the part about sucking at intro's here]

I've done judo for quite some years, but never gotten very good at it (the others cheated, they trained more often). I have stopped a year ago, due to becoming a student, living somewhere else and drinking lots of beer. I've been thinking about picking it up again, but I've also been thinking about switching to something else, maybe something like stick fighting. Too bad there doesn't seem to be a contact sport with long sticks...

Well, anyway, this is enough material for now to be called a noob over, so I'm ending the message here. Thanks for the reactions.

His heart was visible, and the dismal sack that maketh excrement of what is eaten. supporting member
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    [QUOTE=Warclub]Too bad there doesn't seem to be a contact sport with long sticks...

Kendo.

Style
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Kendo is a swords sport, a stick has more uses than that. Sticks are real "all-round" weapons, I'dd like to use that aspect.

His heart was visible, and the dismal sack that maketh excrement of what is eaten. supporting member
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hey, you specified LONG sticks. That sounds like Kendo shinai to me. Philipino arts are what you're looking for.

Style
    BJJ/Shidokan
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    If you had filled out your location we could tell you to go talk to the Dogbrothers.

Style
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    No thanks, I'm not that mad... :) And they're not really on this contignent either...

I've read about the philipinian stuff, but 2 foot seems a little short. I know there's still things like not breaking your bones and stuff, but I'dd like something with a staff or a knobbed walking stick or something.

(For the rest this is just thinking, I like having strange ideas pop up).

Style
    BJJ/Shidokan
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Irish Stick Fighting! (Shillelagh)

It is another Continent but perhaps still not yours.

http://johnwhurley.com/hurleyframeset-2.html

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Warclub
    No thanks, I'm not that mad... :) And they're not really on this contignent either...

I've read about the philipinian stuff, but 2 foot seems a little short. I know there's still things like not breaking your bones and stuff, but I'dd like something with a staff or a knobbed walking stick or something.

(For the rest this is just thinking, I like having strange ideas pop up).

Damn bro, you don't think an escrima stick is long enough to fight with? I know a guy that can hook you up with a nice cane pole, or maybe a flag pole if you need something a little longer. Maybe you should check out the ads in BlackBelt magazine that teach the elderly to fight with their canes in two handy dandy DVD's. Bow to the Cane Master, bitches.

Style
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    He, I thought I filled in Netherlands by now, mmh, must look at that again. :)
    Yes, I've found it (the Irish bata), and it actually sounds very good, but there seems to be nobody actually doing it, it's mostly people doing it by themselves in Ireland, and some Irish in America. It's definately cool, but not uhh, very popular in the local gim. :)
    Also, there seems to be some portugese stick fighting style, but there's even less information (in English) about that.
    So I guess stick fighting is done all around the world, but most styles are tradition in a certain country...

O, and why can't I find the avatar button? Do you have to be a supporting member to have one, or is the layout of the site that bad? :)
    Last edited by Warclub; 6/08/2006 2:09pm at .

Style
    Baguazhang
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by WhiteShark
    Irish Stick Fighting! (Shillelagh)

It is another Continent but perhaps still not yours.

http://johnwhurley.com/hurleyframeset-2.html
    Thanks for sharing this link. I've never heard of Shillelagh before. It would be better if the website had some pictures...