Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 6 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/10/2006 8:47am

Style: judo, boxing, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Sophist, I don't give a **** what you think of my credintals since you are over in JOlly ole' England and we could never meet and throwdown. As for which way is better or worse, it is my OPINION that the juji gatame with both legs over your opponents head is a dangerous one so get bent.
    To answer another question, while bouncing on 6th in Austin circa 1991 at Records RPM and Mirage, I met a fellow Hispanic bouncer at Club Carnival (not on 6th street) by the name of Rego, I'm not going to give his full name becuase he was not an " official " represenative of the Machados or the Gracies and may not want his name dragged into this debacle. Anyhow, he showed me his credentials from Brazilian which was where he was from, this included numerous photos and videos of him competing in Black Belt tournaments. He had a small class that he held at his parents home in south Austin. I worked with him for eight months, he was impressive, while many BJJr's teaching today are not!
    I don't give a flying fig who thinks I am lying and who does not, there was BJJ in this country LONG before the famed UFC's, you just had to know where to look or had to happen up on it like me.
    As for giving my opinion about a particular throw or throws, Sophist this America we value a little thing called freedom of speech and I have a right to say if I think some judo throws suck! So again get bent. A lot people on this board need to seek help for this BJJphila it is getting a little twisted, it is as if you cannot disagree at all with a BJJ on here without the entire Bjj following on here getting their panties in a bunch. HAve a good weekend everyone.:ingun:

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/10/2006 8:51am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

OH AND ONE MORE THING!

While I am at it, if you'll do a little research on the art everyone here loves so much you'll discover that the founder of BJJ studied guess what? JUDO, yes, they have modified it, some things good, others not so much, but lets face BJJ is an ancronym for basically just judo.:eusa_wall

i keep tryin to spar, but nothin happens!

Posted On:
    6/10/2006 9:10am

supporting member
     Style: karate / bjj

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    please continue to feed your anger for our amusement.

Administrator

Posted On:
    6/10/2006 10:04am

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Fearless Ukemi
    How do I get one of those tags like he has under his screen name/avatar?
    Wait until about 30 people post. Take what everyone else says and then put it in one paragraph. Reworded the various thoughts and claim it as your own.

Repeat ad infinitum.

Posted On:
    6/10/2006 10:20am

Business Class Supporting Memberstaff
     Guy Who Pays the Bills and Gets the Death Threats Style: MMA (Retired)

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lane
    My sensei told us it had to do with preventing possible escapes. I can't for the life of me remember which ones right now, but I think having both legs on top prevents the guy from rolling backward out of the armbar and a leg only over the throat prevents him sitting up to get out of it.

But that may not be right.
    If the guy manages to roll completely over you now have your shin on his back to help hold him down and can easily move your other shin over his head and crank the armbar by leaning upwards.

The way we do it, it's not intentional to leave a leg there, but if you can't get it over it's not too big of a deal as long as you have control of the arm.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/10/2006 11:04am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Who's angry? I'm just expressing my op-onion. I'm not a regular BJJr I don't need to be pissed all the time seeing as how I don't pay a C-note month to study glorified Judo.:godtroll:

Administrator

Posted On:
    6/10/2006 11:40am

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by kipdynamite
    While I am at it, if you'll do a little research on the art everyone here loves so much you'll discover that the founder of BJJ studied guess what? JUDO, yes, they have modified it, some things good, others not so much, but lets face BJJ is an ancronym for basically just judo.:eusa_wall
    Right and if you did a little research you'd know a majority of the BJJers knew this beofre you.

Ex-ninja

Posted On:
    6/10/2006 12:20pm

Style: Muso Shinden Ryu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Phrost
    If the guy manages to roll completely over you now have your shin on his back to help hold him down and can easily move your other shin over his head and crank the armbar by leaning upwards.

The way we do it, it's not intentional to leave a leg there, but if you can't get it over it's not too big of a deal as long as you have control of the arm.
    Yeah, I'm not sure of what I wrote, and there's no judo club at my law school so I can't go grab anyone to ask.
    --
    L.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/10/2006 12:28pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

I know that and most of the sharp BJJr's can accept this!

But, alot of others, the extremely BJJecentric types, seem to think BJJ is the origin of grappling. And don't everyone chime in with " OH NO! That's not true" becuase there are several posts on this board were people talk as though the entire art of jiujitsu originated in Brazil or that it was useless art until the Gracies got hold of it. I know there plenty of posts on this board were some of the more commonsense types here have discussed this issue in excrutiatingly minute detail, so I've dne my homework.
    I just get a kick out of the OCD BJJr's that flip out at anyone who does not BOW to Helio Gracie like a God. Now, don't get me wrong he is a bad MOFO no doubt [and deserves respect], but I don't worship any man. :la:
    On the other hand, I also disagree with the way his family often goes around picking fight, it's just sort of immature, case in point the beach fight on YOURTUBE. I from a Hispanic culture, I know about all that Machismo ****, I've heard all from my mom's brothers and frankly after seeing my Irish-indian pimp slap my uncle Fern (short for Fernando) I think it is sort of stupid, cuase uncle Fern got his ass beat over pride.
    I hope everyone keeps on keep on XOXO:XXbirdman

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/10/2006 12:34pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

I went back to my original post.

I read it carefully and I don't believe I ever said my way was the right way. Just that I was explaining the logic of WHY I was doing it that way. SO PLEASE do not put words in my mouth. I never said the other way was completely useless either, just that it is easier to escape, it is simple fysics, one foot on the ground, while the other is over the head gives you leverage and makes it more difficult to escape by rolling into a modified shrimp and passing on the side [hard to explain easier to show I'll try to make a video to post]. I wait the onslaught of insults :5blindfol!
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 6 LastLast