Page 1 of 5 12345 Last

Thread: TKD and the NFL

  1. #1

    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    CA
    Posts
    92
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

    TKD and the NFL

    Yes this is a post about the weakness of TKD. However, I'd like to relate a few stories on why I belive this and also some first hand accounts; both good and bad.

    First, everyone in Korea thinks they know TKD. I spent some time as the only American among about 70 of these little turds. They all claimed to know TKD. I think it is like every kid in America knows how to play football (the real football, not some ***** Eurotrash sport). That being said, how many people make it to the NFL? Same analogy for TKD and Koreans.

    So while I was with these guys I edumacated them on the Hulk Hogan style of 'Merican wrasslin via many double legs.

    I was also at the 1986 World fair in BC. I saw the TKD demo team from Korea. These guys were the NFL of TKD, Very Impressive! Some very acrobatic breaking techniques.

    Last anecdote. A very high ranking TKD guy who we all know walked into a Gracie academy. I was there. He came in in full TKD uniform, with his entourage. They all proceeded to become choked out very rapidly. I personally choked out the main man who has graced many a mag cover. However, they came back the following week wearing new judo gi's with white belts. They got better!

    My point is that there are standouts in every style.

  2. #2
    DerAuslander's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Baltimore, MD
    Posts
    18,449
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    And even the standouts in TKD suck.

  3. #3

    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    320
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    All I can say is good analogy.

  4. #4

    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Posts
    6,918
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by beringc
    Yes this is a post about the weakness of TKD. However, I'd like to relate a few stories on why I belive this and also some first hand accounts; both good and bad.

    First, everyone in Korea thinks they know TKD. I spent some time as the only American among about 70 of these little turds. They all claimed to know TKD. I think it is like every kid in America knows how to play football (the real football, not some ***** Eurotrash sport). That being said, how many people make it to the NFL? Same analogy for TKD and Koreans.

    So while I was with these guys I edumacated them on the Hulk Hogan style of 'Merican wrasslin via many double legs.

    I was also at the 1986 World fair in BC. I saw the TKD demo team from Korea. These guys were the NFL of TKD, Very Impressive! Some very acrobatic breaking techniques.

    Last anecdote. A very high ranking TKD guy who we all know walked into a Gracie academy. I was there. He came in in full TKD uniform, with his entourage. They all proceeded to become choked out very rapidly. I personally choked out the main man who has graced many a mag cover. However, they came back the following week wearing new judo gi's with white belts. They got better!

    My point is that there are standouts in every style.

  5. #5
    DerAuslander's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Baltimore, MD
    Posts
    18,449
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Back to that again, eh?

    Very well.


  6. #6
    DerAuslander's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Baltimore, MD
    Posts
    18,449
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by beringc
    Last anecdote. A very high ranking TKD guy who we all know walked into a Gracie academy. I was there. He came in in full TKD uniform, with his entourage. They all proceeded to become choked out very rapidly. I personally choked out the main man who has graced many a mag cover. However, they came back the following week wearing new judo gi's with white belts. They got better!
    How about a name, if you're so proud of choking him out?

    You know, something we can verify?

    Cuz anecdotes mean ****.

  7. #7
    Grashnak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Ottawa
    Posts
    1,055
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The third rule of Bullshido (the first two both being, We do not talk about fight club) is that if yer gonna talk **** about how great you are and how you choked out some famous TKD dude, then you better provide verifiable facts or else the Bullshido bullies will descend on you and eat your children.
    Jesus loves you. I think you're an asshole.

  8. #8

    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    CA
    Posts
    92
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by DerAuslander108
    How about a name, if you're so proud of choking him out?

    You know, something we can verify?

    Cuz anecdotes mean ****.
    Ernie Reyes Sr. in Cesar Gracie's Academy, Pleasant Hill, CA about June of 1994. Is that specific enough for you or do I need to send the genetic residue from my Gi.

  9. #9
    DerAuslander's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Baltimore, MD
    Posts
    18,449
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Grashnak
    The third rule of Bullshido (the first two both being, We do not talk about fight club) is that if yer gonna talk **** about how great you are and how you choked out some famous TKD dude, then you better provide verifiable facts or else the Bullshido bullies will descend on you and eat your children.
    He's being a tease.

    I deplore a tease.

    Unless the tease is like this:

  10. #10

    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    320
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Auslander, that pic is my new background.

Page 1 of 5 12345 Last

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Log in

Log in
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO