Posted On:
    6/09/2006 8:52pm

supporting member
     Style: Not.....working

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Koto,make us proud.

Quote Originally Posted by PirateJon
    I didn't think you could get warm in that frozen wasteland you call a country.
    Staying warm is easy.Just curl-up with someone you love.

Oh!And good luck the next time a hurricane hits your town.Hope you know howto swim.

The gift that keeps on giving

Posted On:
    6/09/2006 9:50pm

supporting member
     Style: On hiatus

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Good luck Koto!

Yes Koto got his name changed, quit asking...

Posted On:
    6/11/2006 9:55pm

supporting member
     Style: Kyokushin Karate

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Just got back a couple hours ago. Canada's a weird place man, you guys have some hot women but some straight-up goofballs in that joint. The people were really nice, you just need some better highways. The QEW kept getting us lost.

Anyways, here's the official report. Practically all the events changed once we got there and they made our class middleweight so it went up to 202. I weighed in at 178 so I had about a 24 pound disadvantage. I still did pretty well though, I ended up taking 5th out of 13. No trophy this time, but at least I got the T-shirt and some cool video out of it.

Here's pretty much how the events went:

320lb Log Deadlift for Reps: The log weighed 220 empty and they didn't have a lighter one so MWs ended up doing deadlifts for reps with it. I got 6 but couldn't get 7 up. That's pretty good though, since a few guys couldn't get it off the ground and some got fewer reps. Probably around the middle or so here. No pix or video unfortunately for this one.

Car Wheelbarrow For Distance: The car's basically a Suzuki Swift with some of the crap inside taken out of it. My total time was 11.85 seconds to take it 100ft and you can't let the tires touch the ground. My time was pretty competitive, a few guys were under 10, most around me, and a couple a lot slower or who couldn't get the distance.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IAgtXUm8p0E

Strongman Medley: This was my favorite event, it was fucking FUN. You basically had to pick up and run with a 120lb weight, throw it onto the tire, flip over the Suzuki Swift twice (once onto the roof and the second back onto its wheels), and then run over and load a 170lb steel pipe onto a flatbed truck. 31.25 seconds here, which is damn good in my book since a lot of dudes couldn't flip the car or were a lot slower.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CXq-HvygxbM

Truck Pull: We had a 7-ton flatbed truck for the MWs. Unfortunately they had no rope, so it made it a lot harder. The motivation for the year was watching a competitor with cerebal palsy literally DRAG that sucker inch by inch in. Guts of steel and the heart of a fucking lion, man. That was awesome. No video but I do have pix. My time was 38.7 seconds, real good too since mostly everyone was around there. The 1st place finisher got 34.?? seconds. Lemme upload those pix and I'll show you soon. My buddy didn't get the truck in them so I'll cut and paste it in one of them.

Today I dropped by my buddy Mike's house in Fredonia, he hooked me up with a 220lb stone and some new equipment and we played around with some stuff. I tried flipping his 700lb tire but only got it once. My legs are fried from yesterday.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sqT2zV7XVdc

Bullshido Wikipedia Delegate

Posted On:
    6/11/2006 10:12pm

supporting memberhall of fameBullshido Newbie
     Style: Krav / (Kick)Boxing / BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Top 5 is very respectable.

Congrats, and further congrats on triumphing even with heavier than expected weights.

Posted On:
    6/11/2006 10:13pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Posted On:
    6/11/2006 10:14pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Samurai Steve
    Top 5 is very respectable.

Congrats, and further congrats on triumphing even with heavier than expected weights.
    Thanks bro. It's good to see that even for the unexpected I can still hold my own.

He'll flip ya!

Posted On:
    6/11/2006 10:33pm

supporting member
     Style: Not.....working

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Koto_Ryu
    Just got back a couple hours ago. Canada's a weird place man, you guys have some hot women but some straight-up goofballs in that joint. The people were really nice, you just need some better highways. The QEW kept getting us lost.
    http://Weird???I've never met anyone...?v=sqT2zV7XVdc
    Weird???I've never met anyone weird.

Congrast, man! Cheers! Are you going to slow down or are you planning on attending your next Strong-man?

Posted On:
    6/11/2006 10:47pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Thanks CK (and Emevas for posting a comment).

I'm basically concentrating on getting down to Raleigh now. I'm seriously considering going up to about 195 now, we'll have to see. I have a new Atlas stone to play with (my friend Mike let me have one of his 215-220 pounders for $20) so I'll be messing around with that and my other stuff, but I'm probably going to go down to a twice-a-week for now.

Posted On:
    6/11/2006 10:48pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    As for weird, yeah you got some kooks. The EH?'s were driving me nuts, the OOTs and ABOOTs were funny though.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/11/2006 10:54pm

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Congrats on the placement. Nice vids.

In the medeley where you had to flip the car. Do you think it made a difference between the competitors in how smashed the roof of the car was from previous competitors flippings?
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 12 3 LastLast