Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12 3456 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/06/2006 1:09pm

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I love the Rocky movies. All 4 of them. (Rocky 5 never happened.) Rocky 1 was obviously the best film. Best character development, plot, etc.... Rocky 2 was good only because it was a direct timeline sequel to the first one. It ranks the lowest as far as rewatchability (not a real word?) goes. Rocky 3 is like an 80's time capsule. You have Stallone, Mr. T and Hulk Hogan all in the same movie. This movie launched Hogan and wrestling as well. This movie has the best lines courtesy of T and Creed and the most cringe inducing scene with Rocky and Apollo dancing and hugging in the water. 4 was great at the time it was made (USA! USA!) but is pretty silly with Rocky climbing a mountain as part of his training and some really boring scenes like Rocky driving around after Apollo dies. He shifts that car like 27 times.

Rocky 6 has me nervous. 5 was bad enough but this just seems like it is going to be sad for those who own the 4 disc box set.

Posted On:
    6/06/2006 1:32pm

Style: Mostly drinking. E-chaun

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I think they should have just ended it. It does validate a joke made by the news reporter in robocop where he is reviewing rocky 5000.

I always felt the rocky series was more about drama than boxing, and even though the first was by far the best. The others (except 4) made sense.

Rocky 1+2 were him bieng a struggling thug to getting a lucky shot and a rematch and making the most of it.

Rocky 3 was that he had his first "real" fight against a good fighter, and the rest were "bums" or boxers whose skill was declining and not in thier "prime".

Rocky 4 was cold-war dribble. The thing that pisses me off about this movie is that Drago spars and trains properly, and all rocky does is run in the snow and chop wood.

Rocky 5 was the logical end to the drama, he retires from boxing and becomes a manager and a gym owner. Broke like a great deal of boxers end up, he returns to his old neighborhood and thats where it ends.

I would rather see them make a rambo 4, which everyone would expect to be another pointless crap movie, but it would make sense. I would rather believe that rambo at 60 could go in and kill off an entire terrorist army (or just invade france) with loads of guns and bombs than rocky could come back to the ring. At least you know its mindless and with the exception of First Blood, there was absolutely no substance or point to 2 or 3.

Posted On:
    6/06/2006 1:36pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by KFighter
    I don't give a **** what anyone says, but I loved Rocky IV.

Anyway I like the story to Rocky 6. It isn't gonna be like III or IV.

In this, Adrian is dead and Rocky has a resteraunt. Mason Dixon (played by Antonio Tarver) is seen not as a real champion. In this one, Rocky's main goal isn't getting the title, it's just fighting for the sake of fighting, fighting for himself.

I'll be first in line.

I think I saw that movie before, exept it was called return of the dragon starring bruce lee.

Posted On:
    6/06/2006 2:05pm

Style: karate,MMA(between gyms)

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Rocky 3 is like an 80's time capsule. You have Stallone, Mr. T and Hulk Hogan all in the same movie. This movie launched Hogan and wrestling as well. This movie has the best lines courtesy of T and Creed and the most cringe inducing scene with Rocky and Apollo dancing and hugging in the water.
    GOLD!!!!!!!!!!

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/07/2006 8:53am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I think they should have just ended it. It does validate a joke made by the news reporter in robocop where he is reviewing rocky 5000.
    I think that joke was made in Spaceballs.

Heavyweight

Posted On:
    6/07/2006 8:56am

supporting member
     Style: white boy jiujitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by kpmurphy
    I think that joke was made in Spaceballs.
    We've been jammed!

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/07/2006 11:53am

Style: Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluto Blutarsky
    I would rather see them make a rambo 4, which everyone would expect to be another pointless crap movie, but it would make sense. I would rather believe that rambo at 60 could go in and kill off an entire terrorist army (or just invade france) with loads of guns and bombs than rocky could come back to the ring. At least you know its mindless and with the exception of First Blood, there was absolutely no substance or point to 2 or 3.
    Last I heard, they actually ARE making Rambo 4.

I wish I was kidding.

resident sick ****

Posted On:
    6/07/2006 12:01pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Being a total psychopath

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Mr. Jones hopes Mr. T is in this movie.

Posted On:
    6/07/2006 12:04pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by warnerj5000
    Last I heard, they actually ARE making Rambo 4.

I wish I was kidding.
    Maybe we will get lucky and have rambo vs. rocky as rambo 4 and rocky 6. That is the only way I would pay to see either of them.

Or if rocky 6 was just stallone spliced into the old bruce lee movie return of the dragon using cgi, That would be both the funniest, and most pathetic movie in history.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/07/2006 1:00pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Or if rocky 6 was just stallone spliced into the old bruce lee movie return of the dragon using cgi, That would be both the funniest, and most pathetic movie in history.
    There is no scale to measure the awesome of this idea.
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12 3456 LastLast