Page 4 of 14 First 12345678 ... Last
  1. #31
    Cullion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Oxford, UK
    Posts
    6,526
    Style
    Tai Chi
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by PirateJon
    I wonder if anyone's ever done a reverse bullshido. Go from years of MT/judo/boxing/wrestling into bullshittery.
    I've trained at several martial arts clubs where there was little or no sparring and what there was was light contact. All except one contained at least one senior grade and/or instructor who claimed to be a former 'full contact' something-or-other practitioner before they gave it up 'after realising that kind of training did more harm than good and didn't prepare you for the realities of the street'.

    Whether these people were either flat-out lying, or had done a bit of something hard/full contact and then left because it was too tough for them, or whether they were telling the truth and genuinely believed what they were saying I don't know. I suspect you could find cases in all three categories in a big enough survey of non-/tip-tap-sparring MA schools.
    !!RENT SPACE HERE FOR 10 VBUCKS PER LINE PER MONTH!!

    !! PM ME FOR SPEEDY SERVICE !!

    Sponsored by our first customer: Repulsive Monkey



    I <3 Sirc.

  2. #32
    Dark Overlord of the Bullshido Underworld supporting member
    Tom Kagan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    New York, NY USA
    Posts
    5,600
    Style
    Taai Si Ji Kung Fu
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by PirateJon
    I wonder if anyone's ever done a reverse bullshido. Go from years of MT/judo/boxing/wrestling into bullshittery.

    ChanceDuBois, the poster here who started the Some good Wing Chun thread, apparently has a black belt in Judo, boxed for eight years, then went to the 'Nun-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named' style for another six years.

    Now, he says he is concentrating on BJJ.
    Calm down, it's only ones and zeros.

    "Your calm and professional manner of response is really draining all the fun out of this. Can you reply more like Dr. Fagbot or something? Call me some names, mention some sand in my vagina or something of the sort. You can't expect me to come up with reasonable arguments man!" -- MaverickZ

    "Tom Kagan spins in his grave and the fucking guy isn't even dead yet." -- Snake Plissken

    My Bullshido fan club threads:
    Tom Kagan's a big hairy...
    Tom Kagan can lick my BALLS
    Tom Kagan teaches _ing __un and bigotry?
    Tom Kagan: Serious discussion here
    Lamokio asks the burning question is Tom Kagan a ***** or just cruising for some
    I'm Dave the gay Kickboxer from Manchester and I have the hots for Tom Kagan
    TOM KAGAN, OPEN ME, THE MKT ARE COMING FOR YOU ! ARE YOU MAN ENOUGH TO MEET ?
    ATTN TOM KAGAN
    World Dominator 'Kagan' in plot to lie about real Kung Fu and Martial Arts
    Tom Kagan just gave me my third negative rep in a day
    I am infatuated with Tom Kagan
    Tom Kagan is a fat balding white guy.

  3. #33

    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    434
    Style
    Shutting up and training
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by It is Fake??
    He has done that on numerous ocassions. His story is out there if he likes he can submit it as an article.

    One of the things that Phrost used to say is provide evidence why this person sucks. You know, like your crappling thread with pics and commentary. There is a huge difference between that and attacking random ego stroking posts on the net.

    Hmm, OK, I see your point. I have a personality disorder though, in that I enjoy reading stories of disaster and ninjas making fools of themselves, regardless of how spiteful the intentions may be.

  4. #34
    Virus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    6,964
    Style
    Judo
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by TheSparrow
    Hmm, OK, I see your point. I have a personality disorder though, in that I enjoy reading stories of disaster and ninjas making fools of themselves, regardless of how spiteful the intentions may be.
    I love it too mate, but it's starting too look like spite if I do it too much. I'll let someone like kagepl4sm4 take over the "lol @ ninj3rs" for a while.

  5. #35
    Bullshido's Greatest Ninja staff
    plasma's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    8,162
    Style
    Kuso shite shinezo
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Virus
    I love it too mate, but it's starting too look like spite if I do it too much. I'll let someone like kagepl4sm4 take over the "lol @ ninj3rs" for a while.
    Yes! Ninjers suck LOL!

  6. #36

    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    1,187
    Style
    na
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hell, I am ex-BJK and I dislike the org as much as the next man but I will say that I hate what Dale does and I think that he is full of ****. This comes from having the outrage of him and Ben Cole breathing in the same room as me on more than one occasion.

    I would actually suggest that Virus go onto MAP and debate the fictional tales of wonder that Dale keeps spreading. I know that I often go over to MAP to partake in the fantasy that is Dale's martial arts prowess.

  7. #37
    Bullshido's Greatest Ninja staff
    plasma's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    8,162
    Style
    Kuso shite shinezo
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by MONGO
    Hell, I am ex-BJK and I dislike the org as much as the next man but I will say that I hate what Dale does and I think that he is full of ****. This comes from having the outrage of him and Ben Cole breathing in the same room as me on more than one occasion.

    I would actually suggest that Virus go onto MAP and debate the fictional tales of wonder that Dale keeps spreading. I know that I often go over to MAP to partake in the fantasy that is Dale's martial arts prowess.
    that got me banned over their. Mister K, Global Mod is a Dale nut rider.

  8. #38
    JohnnyCache's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    10,532
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by It is Fake??
    He has done that on numerous ocassions. His story is out there if he likes he can submit it as an article.

    One of the things that Phrost used to say is provide evidence why this person sucks. You know, like your crappling thread with pics and commentary. There is a huge difference between that and attacking random ego stroking posts on the net.

    Is that pic of him being a giant douche on the ground not "proof" of some form?

    And Plassma, you let a guy get away with that?

    Drunks often become proponents of AA, occasionally its tiresome but very seldom do we say "you're just bitter about the manner in which you an scotch parted ways there, Tony Stark"


  9. #39
    Bullshido's Greatest Ninja staff
    plasma's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    8,162
    Style
    Kuso shite shinezo
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyCache
    Is that pic of him being a giant douche on the ground not "proof" of some form?

    And Plassma, you let a guy get away with that?

    Drunks often become proponents of AA, occasionally its tiresome but very seldom do we say "you're just bitter about the manner in which you an scotch parted ways there, Tony Stark"

    do what? I trolled the **** out of MAP. I created paranoidia and choas months before Virus.

    I even got a "How can we stop Kage Kaze & Bullshido" thread.
    Last edited by plasma; 6/05/2006 7:39pm at .

  10. #40

    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    434
    Style
    Shutting up and training
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Virus
    I love it too mate, but it's starting too look like spite if I do it too much. I'll let someone like kagepl4sm4 take over the "lol @ ninj3rs" for a while.
    I look forward to your comeback :sniperdan :eusa_pray


    Quote Originally Posted by Mongo
    This comes from having the outrage of him and Ben Cole breathing in the same room as me on more than one occasion.
    Oh, do tell.

Page 4 of 14 First 12345678 ... Last

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Log in

Log in
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO