226202 Bullies, 4004 online  
  • Register
Our Sponsors:

Results 21 to 30 of 132
Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 123 456713 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image
  1. Seraphim is offline

    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    NE Alabama
    Posts
    654

    Posted On:
    6/05/2006 10:28am


     Style: Karate, Sadism, Violence.

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Seraphim
    You'd think that, and still be wrong:happy7:

    Anyone who can't see the difference between tip tap krotty comp, and UFC needs to die. Painfully.

    I suppose I came off as being to hard. I'm all for introspection, and seeing both ways on an argument. However, I may understand the opposing side..and still think its f*cking stupid.

    Just though I'd clarify.
  2. Devil is online now
    Devil's Avatar

    His heart was visible, and the dismal sack that maketh excrement of what is eaten.

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    6,718

    Posted On:
    6/05/2006 10:35am

    supporting member
     

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Fitz
    I usually take Dale's anti-competition thing as a hold over from him having been involved in 60s and 70s Karate competitions before he got bit by the Ninja bug.

    If I spent years doing one-point, etc. I'd probably think "competition" is a crock as well.
    That's true. But if he pays attention to what's going on in the martial arts world, like any experienced martial artist should, he should see that their are competitive opportunities available now that weren't available back then.

    He sees it. He just chooses to intellectualize why modern competition is useless because he knows it is a facet of combat training in which he can't represent himself as an expert. Since he considers himself an expert in all things related to fighting, he is left with no choice but to explain away the merits of that type of training in order to maintain his status as the expert.
  3. Fitz is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY
    Posts
    875

    Posted On:
    6/05/2006 10:44am


     Style: Judo, Tomiki Aikido, ??

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by devil
    He sees it. He just chooses to intellectualize why modern competition is useless because he knows it is a facet of combat training in which he can't represent himself as an expert. Since he considers himself an expert in all things related to fighting, he is left with no choice but to explain away the merits of that type of training in order to maintain his status as the expert.
    Dale, back peddeling and attempting to rationalize his short comings but dismissing something's relevance?

    Nah, that couldn't be. It is so out of character...
  4. Seraphim is offline

    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    NE Alabama
    Posts
    654

    Posted On:
    6/05/2006 10:48am


     Style: Karate, Sadism, Violence.

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Fighting doesnt make you a better fighter....ok..

    Swiming doesnt make you a better swimer...wait a minute.. BULL ****!
  5. Muqatil is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    East coast
    Posts
    656

    Posted On:
    6/05/2006 1:25pm


     Style: BBT/Flinging poo

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Blah, blah blah. same old same old. Still looking for people to stroke you , Virus, so you feel good about yourself? :)

    Give it a rest. You are starting to sound like a whiny little brat.
    Last edited by Muqatil; 6/05/2006 1:30pm at .
  6. It is Fake is offline
    It is Fake's Avatar

    Administrator

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    33,996

    Posted On:
    6/05/2006 1:32pm

    staff
     Style: xingyi

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by TheSparrow
    I disagree. You should continue. If it makes you look bitter, who cares, I'd be bitter if I hit 4th Dan (or whatever) and realised it was all a pile of crap. The more shite BJK you reveal, the more shite that is out there for the public to view. Which can only be good.
    He has done that on numerous ocassions. His story is out there if he likes he can submit it as an article.

    One of the things that Phrost used to say is provide evidence why this person sucks. You know, like your crappling thread with pics and commentary. There is a huge difference between that and attacking random ego stroking posts on the net.
  7. 1bad65 is offline
    1bad65's Avatar

    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    austin, tx
    Posts
    1,632

    Posted On:
    6/05/2006 3:22pm


     Style: boxing, gjj

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Another reason that Dale refuses to admit that 'sport' systems have real world applications is that he is making money by being t3e d34dly. Why risk a chunk of your income? Just throw out ridiculous arguments, as long as the money keeps rolling in.
  8. Plasma is offline
    Plasma's Avatar

    Bullshido Admin

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    7,081

    Posted On:
    6/05/2006 3:58pm

    supporting memberforum leaderstaff
     Style: 柔術

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Virus, Dale is my target, when I get downunder (one day hopefully) we going spar over Dale Seago rights!
  9. Plasma is offline
    Plasma's Avatar

    Bullshido Admin

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    7,081

    Posted On:
    6/05/2006 4:01pm

    supporting memberforum leaderstaff
     Style: 柔術

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by kickcatcher
    The one guy in that thread who isn't licking Dale's butt, Sonsho, is a top bloke. I have trained with him a tiny bit and he's pretty damn good in my reckoning but very down to earth, and I think he has posted on occassion here. Go Sonsho, pom-pom-give-me-an-S-give-me-an-O, N, S. H. O!-Pom-pom-splits-ow.

    Dales deadly kick to the temple is the deadly:
    dude temple kick with the heel sucks seriously, it really hurts.
  10. Plasma is offline
    Plasma's Avatar

    Bullshido Admin

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    7,081

    Posted On:
    6/05/2006 4:02pm

    supporting memberforum leaderstaff
     Style: 柔術

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by PirateJon
    I wonder if anyone's ever done a reverse bullshido. Go from years of MT/judo/boxing/wrestling into bullshittery.

    I went from BJJ to Japanese Jujutsu and Ninjutsu. I plan to go back one day and get my blue belt, I regret that I didn'tcare to get the first time around. I certainly put in the time..
    Last edited by Plasma; 6/05/2006 4:05pm at .
Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 123 456713 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Powered by vBulletin™© contact@vbulletin.com vBulletin Solutions, Inc. 2011 All rights reserved.