226201 Bullies, 3996 online  
  • Register
Our Sponsors:

Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 3910111213 14 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Yes Koto got his name changed, quit asking...

Posted On:
    6/08/2006 11:33am

supporting member
     Style: Kyokushin Karate

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    One of the biggest problems I see with BBT practitioners using primarily daikentaijutsu to set up their strikes is the sheer fact that most of them can't hit for ****. Granted, there are some extremely heavy hitters but they aren't the norm. Trying to trade shots with a guy who can take them well and deliver them back even more strongly (say, a MT fighter) is going to be bad news for them. There is some good stuff you can use, however. Boshikens are a nice little sneaky thing :evil:

Dorkus Malorkus

Posted On:
    6/08/2006 11:39am

supporting member
     Style: Boxing/BJJudo/Crossfit

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by pl4zM4
    We spar blindfolded sometimes.
    I have done blindfolded weapon sparring on several ocassions.*

*Translation = I've went to several birthday parties and where there was a pinata.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/08/2006 12:04pm

Style: BBT/Flinging poo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by ojgsxr6
    I have done blindfolded weapon sparring on several ocassions.*

*Translation = I've went to several birthday parties and where there was a pinata.

Dude, I just spit root beer out my nose!

Registered Member

Manhattan Beach, California, United States

Posted On:
    6/08/2006 1:07pm

Style: Muay Thai, Judo, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Hannibal
    Mongo.

Have you heard of an Australian who teaches Bujinkan over there in Japan? His name is Tim Bathurst, he is a Shihan.
    i used to bring Tim over every year for seminars. He teaches the normal kata from the densho but with a seriousness and good form. He came to one of my alive classes and did OK. He does not teach that way but for kata work with reasonable variations he is very good especially his sword work.

Registered Member

Manhattan Beach, California, United States

Posted On:
    6/08/2006 1:15pm

Style: Muay Thai, Judo, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Virus
    To those that train bujinkan with aliveness;

I never trained bujinkan alive so maybe you can help me out here. If you decided to do alive wristlock drills wouldn't you be there for ages trying to score this low percentage technique? If you stick to the high percentage techs is training bujinkan alive almost excatly like muay thai and judo? I mean, judo is bascily alive Japanese jujitsu.
    Based off Omote gyaku Tsuki (standard wrist lost with punch)To drill them alive I have it more from a self-defense situation. The attacker grabs and bunches(puch with boxing glove) the tori tries to pull off the gyaku before he get pummeled. If he get the lock the they start again. If it fails he can cover up and clinch or back out and dis engage and drill starts over. In My Taijutsu Alive classes I have pulled out all the basic waza out of the kata (About 100 or so) and re-ordered them based on high percentage moves. All gyaku are at the bottom. I spend more time on basics like Osoto Gake, Koshi Nage, Ganseki, Mogori Gata(double and single leg) etc then on wrist locks. My kihon class models a Japan class so wrist locks are done more often not as often as before I started aliveness.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/08/2006 2:36pm

Style: Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mjelva
    I don't know if this has been posted before or not, and unfortunately I don't have time to check.

http://www.bujinkansf.org/seago.mpg

It seems Dale Seago sees this as some sort of validation. Personally I just see a ninjer with a black belt completely incapable of any sort of proper offense. For shame!

http://www.martialartsplanet.com/for...ad.php?t=28672
    What exactly are we looking at here? All I see are some inept attacks, some not-particularly-impressive aikido-style throws, some look-at-me-I'm-a-badass-ninja stylized posing, and lots of laughing.

What exactly does this validate? I'm having trouble understanding what it's even supposed to validate.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/08/2006 3:28pm

Style: Judo, Tomiki Aikido, ??

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by ThaiBoxerShorts
    What exactly are we looking at here? All I see are some inept attacks, some not-particularly-impressive aikido-style throws, some look-at-me-I'm-a-badass-ninja stylized posing, and lots of laughing.

What exactly does this validate? I'm having trouble understanding what it's even supposed to validate.
    If I remember the context what you're looking at is an mpeg of a kid who was doing around to various Bujinkan training groups asking senior-ranked people to basically just toss him around for a 30 seconds or so, nothing more.

It's Ninja playfighting.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/08/2006 3:28pm

Style: BBT/Flinging poo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You're looking at some people having fun. The video was never meant to demonstrate anything. The young guy likes to make 30 second video clips of him being used as an uke by instructors. Nothing more.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/08/2006 4:17pm

Style: BJJ, Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by pl4zM4
    We spar blindfolded sometimes.
    I wish I had the blind-fighting feat. Bujinkan ftw!

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/08/2006 5:54pm

Style: Shito-Kai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

hypocrisy

Do you think that any of the anti-competition guys ever stop to think about the fact that at the time when their art was developed it was done so based on the best fighting information available at that time? So in essence their style was dveloped empirically in "competition" or maybe life and death scenarios and was probably designed to be used in similar type situations. So by swearing off competition as pointless they are going against the very thing that the founders of their art did to produce the style in the first place. Strange isn't it? In trying to pay homage to their masters they are inadvertantly going against the very thing a true warrior would have done and in fact may have had to do in order to stay alive. Hypocrisy
Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 3910111213 14 LastLast