Thread: HI

Style
    Brazilian Jiu Jitsu
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

HI

So, I got tired of being called out by your website, and constantly badgered to register. So I did, and then the website berated me for not posting in newbietown. Okay, you're like my old lady! I'm posting, for christ's sake!

Seriously, though, I thought I'd let you guys know that I'm here enjoying your posts. As my screen name might imply, I intend to be a fly on the wall.

I got into martial arts late (as in 35 yrs old), mostly as a way to try and repair 20 years worth of abuse. It's going well. I hurt more now than ever.

It's sort of a mix between soft techniques like fan lock/s-lock/shianagi (I have no idea how it's spelled), some boxing, and some grappling. I've been doing it for about a year now, and I've learned that I'm incredibly out of shape and completely unable to defend myself from even the smallest person in class.

But, that's slowly changing. I'm enjoying the hell out of it, and take great pride whenever I can manage to roll with some of the kids in class, and even get a tap from time to time. I really enjoy the fact that I get to learn lots of different stuff. I've always had attention span issues, so getting into something where I do different stuff every day is great.

Style
    BJJ
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Cowardly Lurker
    I hurt more now than ever.
    um....like REM hurt? (Q nostalgic montage)....

Quote Originally Posted by Cowardly Lurker
    It's sort of a mix between soft techniques like fan lock/s-lock/shianagi (I have no idea how it's spelled), some boxing, and some grappling.
    please explain.....your studying pink fans and crappling? is the s-lock similar to the x-guard?

Style
    Brazilian Jiu Jitsu
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Golden, my understanding is that these come from some sort of aikido background. I can't do them correctly yet myself, so I wouldn't be the one to tell you. I'm not an expert, and don't pretend to be. I've never heard the term x-guard, and the day we pull out pink fans is the day I quit.

Hope that explains it well enough.

I am a Ninja bitches!! Deal with it Join us... or die
    Style
    Improv comedy
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Greatest alias ever.

I can't believe it wasn't taken.

My hat off to you.