Featherweight

Posted On:
    1/14/2007 4:03pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: hapkido

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

rank in BJJ

I can't answer that question-I mostly do Hapkido at the moment. I do know he has had students in grappling that were from the Gracie/Machado schools, and he also had the owners of a tae kkwon do school take privates from him. These people and others would not waste their time if the training they were getting was not beneficial. I could go on disputing all the lies told by 'the man', who by the way,is not training at all--but watching a lot of the pride/ufc fights on t.v.(nothing like a coach potato quarterback). I wish he would take some bjj classes and see how he does there. I can understand if your goal is to compete in ufc/pride competition it would be beneficial to have bjj belt,so good luck in your trraining and stay well. Regards

Administrator

Posted On:
    1/14/2007 4:16pm

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by falcon6919
    I can't answer that question-I mostly do Hapkido at the moment. I do know he has had students in grappling that were from the Gracie/Machado schools, and he also had the owners of a tae kkwon do school take privates from him. These people and others would not waste their time if the training they were getting was not beneficial.
    Don't speak for others okay?

I could go on disputing all the lies told by 'the man', who by the way,is not training at all--but watching a lot of the pride/ufc fights on t.v.(nothing like a coach potato quarterback). I wish he would take some bjj classes and see how he does there. I can understand if your goal is to compete in ufc/pride competition it would be beneficial to have bjj belt,so good luck in your trraining and stay well. Regards
    See, here you go talking for someone else. Did you contact OP to find out what he is doing right now?

Disputing means you have facts.

Please present them or else you are blowing hot air.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    1/14/2007 4:28pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    what do you mean "speaking for others?' I have personally had conversations with the tae kwon do people ,when I went into school after their private.
    as for contacting OP i'd love to(I'm not good with computer or forums ) How can I go about contacting OP? I've read his posts and thats where he states he has not been training at all--so basically got the info from him,himself. You question me talking for others when he has posted a whole diatribe against a school on mere whim. I do beleive in karma,thank God!

Administrator

Posted On:
    1/14/2007 4:56pm

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by falcon6919
    what do you mean "speaking for others?'
    I do know he has had students in grappling that were from the Gracie/Machado schools, and he also had the owners of a tae kkwon do school take privates from him. These people and others would not waste their time if the training they were getting was not beneficial.
    Nowhere, in this statement, did you say "I talked to.......?" You voiced an opinion saying these people "would not waste their time" which, is an assumption.

This is called speaking for others.

as for contacting OP i'd love to(I'm not good with computer or forums ) How can I go about contacting OP? I've read his posts and thats where he states he has not been training at all--so basically got the info from him,himself. You question me talking for others when he has posted a whole diatribe against a school on mere whim. I do beleive in karma,thank God!

Really? Are you Sure?

The first couple weeks I thought this place was the greatest thing in the world. Completely free gym which you could use at anytime you wanted during their business hours, the gym equipment, and the overall politeness of everyone at the place. All the Hapkido instructors were very nice and loved to teach. I learned basic white belt stuff, kicking, proper falling techniques and so forth. In about one month I became an orange belt. I was very pleased by the way my progress was going and I felt more than happy to go every night of the week.
    Hmmm sounds like he based his observations on training at this school. He even stayed at least a month and recieved a promotion. So, what are you talking about? You call that a whim? Okay I see where this is going to go.

Again, please provide facts to support your claim that
    I could go on disputing all the lies told by 'the man', who by the way,is not training at all--b

Just for reference if you are new to forums how did you know this?

as for contacting OP i'd love to([I'm not good with computer or forums ) How can I go about contacting OP? I've read his posts
    Yet, you knew what OP stood for, that's Karma biting you in the ass.
    Last edited by It is Fake; 1/14/2007 4:58pm at .

Featherweight

Posted On:
    1/14/2007 5:15pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    karma is not biting me in the ass!!!! I have personally talked to these people on many occassions !!! The fact that he went to this school for one month does not make him more credible than someone whoose gone to this school for years ,but you can beleive what you will. I am new to forums and never intended to post so soon,but the article is so blatantly misleading about the school I couldn't help but reply. I have been looking at various forums for a couple of months now and found them very informative=figured out what OP stands for on my own -haven't figured out LOL, could mean lots of luck or laughing out loud???? Sorry you feel the way you do about me.

Posted On:
    10/05/2009 12:16pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I trained Hapkido at this gym, and experienced the very good and very bad things that have been pointed out here. Most of the good came during my first couple of years there. I was already a BB in Shotokan and TKD, and was impressed with the breadth of the Hapkido instruction. Master Sayed is a very skilled martial artist. After the first couple of years, it seemed as though Master Sayed was distracted by the business side of the school, or other things in life and ended up teaching less and less.

I was a couple of belts away from black, so I stuck with it even as my frustration grew. After getting my BB, I continued to go to the gym while I looked for my next art of choice. Once I found it (BJJ), I stopped going to American Hapkido. Overall, I'm satisfied with what I learned there. But, I know that it could have been much better.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/08/2009 1:24pm

Style: Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    To be honest it didn't sound that dodgy except for the BJJ claims.

Posted On:
    10/08/2009 4:07pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by madmonkey View Post
    To be honest it didn't sound that dodgy except for the BJJ claims.
    You're right. I paid $360 a year to go there, and that never went up. The gym was always open, and the facilities are great.

BJJ wise, there was no commitment to the program. Master Sayed is a very good grappler, but I wouldn't say that he is at the level of a BJJ instructor. He'd be better off hiring an instructor for BJJ if that's something that he wants to offer.

Administrator

Posted On:
    12/28/2010 3:59pm

supporting memberhall of famestaff
     Style: Muay Thai & BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I can always rely on Bullshido. My friend wants me to go train there, and I'm hesitant. Especially when he told me the owner is the grappling instructor.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sifu Rudy Abel
    "Just what makes a pure grappler think he can survive with an experienced striker. Especially if that striker isn't following any particular rule set and is well aware of what the grapplers strategies are".
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 7 LastLast