Page 3 of 7 First 1234567 Last
  1. #21
    Phrost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 1998
    Location
    Cow Town
    Posts
    19,137
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You should submit this as an article instead, and just post an excerpt here for the forum responses:

    Here's the link to post it as an article.
    http://www.bullshido.net/modules.php...warticle&cid=2

  2. #22
    jubei33's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    the H-bomb
    Posts
    1,606
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Not to tea bag you or anything, but why not just buy a gun? (if you're interested in self defense, that is) like, go buy a derringer and a dueling glove or something :)

    How about sparring, though? He had two full size rings, right? What did they use them for? The gym itself sounds pretty sweet, heavy bags and weights. One could, if they were so inclined, go pretty far with that kind of setup. The price too, is a very good price all considered.

    He may be full of **** as far as MA are concerned, but he does have a pretty economical deal on his gym. I'd just give up on being a 'steven segal' and actually train because you like it and its a good work out.
    http://woodwardswhiskey.wordpress.com/

    He was punching him like the collective karmic debt he'd accrued was coming to collections, mostly on his face.

  3. #23

    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    114
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by jubei33
    Not to tea bag you or anything, but why not just buy a gun? (if you're interested in self defense, that is) like, go buy a derringer and a dueling glove or something :)

    How about sparring, though? He had two full size rings, right? What did they use them for? The gym itself sounds pretty sweet, heavy bags and weights. One could, if they were so inclined, go pretty far with that kind of setup. The price too, is a very good price all considered.

    He may be full of **** as far as MA are concerned, but he does have a pretty economical deal on his gym. I'd just give up on being a 'steven segal' and actually train because you like it and its a good work out.
    I didn't like it at all. No, we didn't spar unless it was on thursdays with heavy padding and we could barely touch each other. The rings were used for the kickboxing classes but it was usually used when people just wanted to fight someone. Also, the process of purchasing a gun out here in LA is kinda hard, because people believe in the fairy tale that guns cause crime.
    Last edited by The Man; 6/10/2006 11:35pm at .

  4. #24
    Locu5's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Posts
    3,862
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by The Man
    LOL look what I get when I seach Sayed Qubadi in google.

    http://da.co.la.ca.us/mr/archive/2005/042805a.htm

    I 100% sure that is him and his family.
    Based on what? Careful with that.
    Locu5
    combat sports hobbyist

  5. #25
    Jiu Jitsu - Sometimes passing just isn't an option. supporting member
    datdamnmachine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Washington State
    Posts
    1,718
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by datdamnmachine
    I was reading this post and now I'm curious. I've sent an email to the school asking what the instructors qualifications are. I also decided to spell Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu the way the site spells it; Brazilian JuJitsu. Figure if I spelled it the right way he may think something was up.

    Well like I said I sent and email, actually two, I will print what was sent back to me:

    (First Email)-
    I am interested in your Brazilian JuJitsu classes. What are the times ofthe classes? What is the instructors experience?

    (Reply)-
    Hello,

    Welcome and thank you for considering American Hapkido Karate! We would
    like to take the time to explain about the classes we offer.

    We have Brazilian Jujitsu classes and we offer them from Monday- Thursday
    from 7:30 - 8:30pm. Master Sayed Qubadi has over more than 34 years of
    experience in martial arts as well as Brazilian Jujitsu.

    We also offer other calsses as wresiling, sumbmission fighting, muay thai, kick boxing, and boxing.

    I hope you are intersted, you could give us a call for more information at
    (818) 998-2441 and we could set up and appoinment in were you could come to
    the studio and we could give you a tour. We are one of the bigest Martial
    Art sudio in the Valley. We hope we hear from you soon.

    Thank You;

    Master Sayed Quabadi

    (My Reply To Responce)-
    May I ask what his JuJitsu rank is? I'm looking for the most qualified
    instruction I can get and I am so far interested. How long has he done
    Brazilian JuJitsu specifically.

    (His/Their/Admin Responce To My Reply)-
    Dear Sir or Madam,

    Master Sayed Qubadi has studied Brazilian Ju Jitsu a little over 20 years in the United States beginning with a form of street fighting/ submission fighting in Afghanistan prior to that. He has studied under many instructors and would like to welcome you to try a class. To set up an appointment please email or call us at your earliest convenience. Thank You for your interest.

    American Hapkido Karate


    I'll let the forum members debate this one out.

  6. #26

    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    2,147
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Gah! I could of trained in BJJ back in the 80's! Gah! I feel like I've wasted so much time already.

  7. #27

    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    114
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Locu5
    Based on what? Careful with that.
    West Hills is about 5 minutes away from the martial arts studio and he has a brother with the same exact name as the one they listed. Also he (Sayed Ismail Qubadi, the owner) has been trying to sell the place and he didn't make a few appearances from what I can remember because "he was in court". The evidence isn't positively conclusive, but I believe it is more likely to be him than a coincidence.

  8. #28

    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    114
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by datdamnmachine
    Well like I said I sent and email, actually two, I will print what was sent back to me:

    (First Email)-
    I am interested in your Brazilian JuJitsu classes. What are the times ofthe classes? What is the instructors experience?

    (Reply)-
    Hello,

    Welcome and thank you for considering American Hapkido Karate! We would
    like to take the time to explain about the classes we offer.

    We have Brazilian Jujitsu classes and we offer them from Monday- Thursday
    from 7:30 - 8:30pm. Master Sayed Qubadi has over more than 34 years of
    experience in martial arts as well as Brazilian Jujitsu.

    We also offer other calsses as wresiling, sumbmission fighting, muay thai, kick boxing, and boxing.

    I hope you are intersted, you could give us a call for more information at
    (818) 998-2441 and we could set up and appoinment in were you could come to
    the studio and we could give you a tour. We are one of the bigest Martial
    Art sudio in the Valley. We hope we hear from you soon.

    Thank You;

    Master Sayed Quabadi

    (My Reply To Responce)-
    May I ask what his JuJitsu rank is? I'm looking for the most qualified
    instruction I can get and I am so far interested. How long has he done
    Brazilian JuJitsu specifically.

    (His/Their/Admin Responce To My Reply)-
    Dear Sir or Madam,

    Master Sayed Qubadi has studied Brazilian Ju Jitsu a little over 20 years in the United States beginning with a form of street fighting/ submission fighting in Afghanistan prior to that. He has studied under many instructors and would like to welcome you to try a class. To set up an appointment please email or call us at your earliest convenience. Thank You for your interest.

    American Hapkido Karate


    I'll let the forum members debate this one out.
    Typical. They give a vauge explanation of his experience in Martial Arts. Also, I should probably take what I said back about him saying he created BJJ. I have no way of proving that he did because it was over the phone. Also, his english isn't that much up to par so he might of said something he thought he was saying otherwise.
    Last edited by The Man; 6/11/2006 3:45pm at .

  9. #29

    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Belgium
    Posts
    531
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

    Enough said.

  10. #30
    ARGUMENTUM AD LATINUM DICTIONAIRUM Bullshido Newbie
    Doctor X's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    4,380
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by FictionPimp
    Gah! I could of trained in BJJ back in the 80's! Gah! I feel like I've wasted so much time already.
    Do not feel bad. You would have had to have gone to Afghanistan, which is where BJJ was invented. This is why is is called Brazillian JJ. As you know, Mujahadeen used these techniques to defeat Soviet tanks!

    --J.D.

Page 3 of 7 First 1234567 Last

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Log in

Log in
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO