Style
    Judo, JJJ (beg.)
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Introduction/Help

Hey guys, this is my first post so take it (relatively) easy huh?
    I just wanted to introduce myself to the Bullshido forum community, I want to be relatively involved in the discussions going around here.

Some vital stats: 5'8'' 195 lbs (a heavy 5'8'' but not a heavy looking one) 19 years old, I love sunset walks on the beach...

A little background on me:

On MA's: My main MA right now is Judo, I'm just coming back to it after a few silly months of Karate. Luckily there were some intelligent people who were skilled who taught me some things that have been helpful, but anyways... My judo is mediocre at best right now as its been years since I've even attempted anything resembling a seoi nage. In any case there are some things I'd really like to work on, most importantly groundwork. Pins and pin escapes have never been my strong suit and I really need to work on them. Joint manipulation and standing work (strikes included) are more of my forte. In any case thats the MA background. It's a process and things are starting to come back...

Other stuff (like it matters): I do enjoy ball sports and am hoping to make the local junior college baseball team, though I'm going to the state university here.

A little help: Does anyone have any good ab routines that involve little or no equipment, I have an alright one right now but I'd really like to get a better one.

I'll admit that I have lurked this site for a while now, seeing what was up, but now I want to be involved. To make up for this I'm gonna try to scrounge the cash and donate. Thanks a lot guys, you guys have the right ideas, hopefully more to come.

P.S. I know I have a messed up name but its greek (though I'm not) and it means
    "Come and get them." I think that's cryptic enough. if people care to know more about what it means I'll edit/post to explain.

i keep tryin to spar, but nothin happens! supporting member

Style
    karate / bjj
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    i think you'll find that there are a number of people around here that are quite familiar with 'molon labe.'

Style
    Judo, JJJ (beg.)
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I didn't really mean what it means but what it means to me.

Crouching Philosopher, Hidden Philosopher supporting member
    Style
    n/a (ex-Karate)
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Δεν καταλαβάινω.
    Martial Arts and Philosophy: Beating and Nothingness
    click here to order on Amazon

Style
    Judo, JJJ (beg.)
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Leonidas was a king of Sparta, the 17th of the Agiad line.
    In 480 the ephors sent Leonidas with the 300 men of an all-sire unit (soldiers who had sons to carry on their bloodline) and 4000 allies to hold the pass of Thermopylae against the army of Xerxes of Persia. According to a contemporary story, Leonidas took only a small force because he was deliberately going to his doom: the oracle of Delphi had foretold that Sparta could be saved only by the death of one of its kings. Instead it seems likely that the ephors supported the plan half-heartedly due to the festival of Carneia and their policy of concentrating the Greek forces at the Isthmus of Corinth.
    Several anecdotes demonstrate the laconic matter-of-fact bravery that Leonidas and the Spartans were famed for even in the ancient world. On the first day of the siege, when Xerxes demanded the Greeks surrender their arms, Leonidas is said to have replied Μολών Λαβέ ("Come and get them"). And on the third day, the king is reputed to have exhorted his men to eat a hearty breakfast, because that night they would dine in Hades.

I was just saying that to me Μολών Λαβέ is more of a defiacnce of authority thing to me, not a 2nd amendment right to bear arms thing, thats all.

Sorry about the mix up sometimes I'm not good at saying what i mean, sorry about that DA
    Last edited by Μολών Λαβέ (Mo); 6/03/2006 4:48pm at .

Crouching Philosopher, Hidden Philosopher supporting member
    Style
    n/a (ex-Karate)
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Καταλαβάινω τώρα. Ευχαριστώ.
    Martial Arts and Philosophy: Beating and Nothingness
    click here to order on Amazon

Style
    Bad KB, Worse MT
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    What are you hoping to achieve with this "ab routine". Please post this in the physical training section so if you say, "a six pack" I can verbally slap you around. =)

GG
    MMA Record vs Llamas 0-1-0
    (The Llama bit my junk but the ref didn't see it).