Page 1 of 2 12 Last

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Ashida Kim is HOT!

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'm obvously very bored - being stuck at work for 24 hrs at a time can get to you!

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I feel your pain I was a medic for eight years. 24's and 48's suck. Are you an EMT or Paramedic?

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Medic for Mercy Air - yeah, I'm getting REALLY sick of getting up in the middle of the night!

What do you do now?

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I am in GIS, a freelance writer, and occasional club security if the money is right ( at least 100 cash per night).What equipment are you on? I started doing third rides with a flight service several years ago then they went from a Sikorsky S76 C+ to a BK117 and I am just too big, 6'4'' 233 @ the time. I worked in Tulsa and Fayetville for several years and was on my way to med skewl when I realized I hate getting up night after night so I bailed, plus I had three kids go south on me in two months and I really hated seeing little ones die. :sad7: So, I've been building some freelance credits and getting a degree in something I really enjoy, don't really care about its practicallity.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Sorry - Had a call - Drunk dirtball in the middle of the desert, doing meth and had a seizure - fun stuff!

We're in a Bell 412 - modern Huey basically. I worked briefly in a BK - cool little AC, but not very well liked by those who got motion sick - they called it the "vomit comet" - comedy for me though, watching my nurse turn green.

I can relate to all of you reasons for gettin out - I've been in EMS 12 years, and am looking to get out here pretty soon as well. Thought about med school too a while back - WAY too much school!

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    we definetly need to make an ashida kim dress up game

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

The Med School route is very overrated...

@ least it was for me. I finished my OChems, Physics, Calculus, required advanced BIO courses ( biochem, immuno, micro, A/P). I even took a graduate Gross anatomy course, took my MCAT, got a respectable score, then chickened out and am finishing a degree in geography (gis) and computer science with no intention of ever setting foot back in a hospital unless I am on a stretcher and near death!
    My girl is an RN and she makes a good living but it is just as stressful as EMS, but more secure. I wish I had advice, but as a friend of mine who was a paramedic and is now a doc said " EMS kills the careers of more would be doctors than the MCAT." I don't think many here can appreciate the stress of not only watching people die but being responsible for trying to reverse that situation. You think your a bad ass untill a little kid starts guppy breathing in front of you.
    ON a lighter note when are you going to give Phil Elmore a makeover? :icon_thum

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Now he'll be the prettiest girl at the ball.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Kip -

Yeah, I've got a few friends that went that route - but it's just not worth it to me. I've got 2 young kids that I actually want to see grow up and I'm just sick and tired of seeing all the death and destruction - 12 years in EMS w/ over 5 on a helicopter a lot of crap!!!!!!

On a lighter note: Ashida kim dress up game sounds fun! w/ Phil as his date....

Page 1 of 2 12 Last