Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 12 3456 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Sexiest Punching Bag Alive

Posted On:
    6/03/2006 9:55pm

Style: BJJ/Judo/Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    There are no useless arts, only usesless training methods.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/03/2006 9:56pm

Style: none currently

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yes, clearly every technique that would ever be needed in a combat situation is contained in the martial arts you listed. In fact, we should burn the schools that teach any of the other martial arts and neuter the instructors so they can't in any way shape or form pass on their useless tecnniques.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/03/2006 11:39pm

Style: Muay Thai , BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by xingyifa
    Yes, clearly every technique that would ever be needed in a combat situation is contained in the martial arts you listed. In fact, we should burn the schools that teach any of the other martial arts and neuter the instructors so they can't in any way shape or form pass on their useless tecnniques.
    Hmm... this seems like a good idea to me. Of course, I know a BJJ place that needs the same treatment so the idea is flawed.

The gift that keeps on giving

Posted On:
    6/04/2006 12:38am

supporting member
     Style: On hiatus

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by roberts
    Proving everyone was the same height/weight/level , none of the people who trained in karate would beat any of the MMA, Judo, BJJ,Boxing,Wrestling,MT etc

Opinions?
    If they were of the same level (regardless of height/weight), wouldn't it equate to a stale mate?

I don't understand WTF you're talking about.

Oh, it must be LARP stuff.

Grandmaster Sensei of Village Idiocy

Posted On:
    6/04/2006 12:48am

Join us... or die
     Style: Kyokushin and Judo.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by roberts
    That all martial arts apart from the likes of MMA, Judo,BJJ,Boxing,Wrestling,Muay thai etc are useless?

im talking about kenpo, shokotan karate (or whatever its called) Basically any obscure name of karate is rubbish,

some of the jitsu stuff is useful, but as a whole its all crap. As is every obscure art of kung fu.

Proving everyone was the same height/weight/level , none of the people who trained in karate would beat any of the MMA, Judo, BJJ,Boxing,Wrestling,MT etc

Opinions?

Firstly as WP pointed out Kyokushin karate and other full contact karate styles aswell as Sambo or San Shou are highly effective arts aswell. If a style has hard training and hard contact fighting, chances are its damn good.

Secondly, yes. You are correct. Your full contact competition styles produce the better quality fighters. This is a point which has been made many times over the past few years.

Now, what style do you train in ?
    Hannibal: The sworn enemy of dishonest politicians, source of entertainment on Bullshido and newly appointed Office Linebacker. Terry Tait ain't got **** on me !!!!

Infidel

Posted On:
    6/04/2006 12:57am

Style: Yoshinkan Aikido, MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    If they were of the same level (regardless of height/weight), wouldn't it equate to a stale mate?
    Smells like communisim

**** you math class

Posted On:
    6/04/2006 1:43am

supporting member
     Style: TKD, Ballet, Archery

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    It's okay Roberts, we accept your kind here. You can spend your time with Hannibal and Mr. Jones, using the seperate but equal retard facilities.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/04/2006 5:40am

Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Now, what style do you train in ?

Chum sut its a mma club.

Firstly i was not trying to dismiss other peoples styles as crap etc. The point im tryign to make from a fighting point of view the styles i listed are proven effective.

When i talk about Karate, i am talking about karate which talks about punching from horse stance, or the "You do this, i do that and you fall here crap"

obviously i havent done every form of karate, and from what i know the "jitsu" forum which tend to offer some grappling are useful.

The reason i made this thread, was because i studied kempo jitsu, and while the instructor was tough and a really nice man, who should me some good grappling stuff. It was to few and far between, Most of the classes was escaping from wrist grabs and lapel grabs. I must stress that it was in no way a mcdojo, but in 2 lessons of chum sut, ive done more rolling with people than i did in 2 years of kempo jitsu.

In the very short time ive been doing chum sut mma ive learnt more and have noticed a big improvement in my grappling.

orry to offend anyone, and i wasnt trying to conform to peoples views. Its just my opinion that fighting styles that are designed for sport purposes are more effective than those which are "for street fighting"

To the Bat Pole!

Posted On:
    6/04/2006 7:03am

Join us... or die
     Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hey guys, I think Matt will beat Royce! I think the game has moved on and a more rounded, younger and stronger fighter will win.

Opinions?
    Mr Politically Correct GIJoe6186:
    Fat people disgust me in every way imaginable. I was at Freindly's with my girl tonight and saw a bunch of fat fuckers. I felt sorry for the pavement they were killing and the people who had to see them. .

Infidel

Posted On:
    6/04/2006 8:59am

Style: Yoshinkan Aikido, MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    When i talk about Karate, i am talking about karate which talks about punching from horse stance, or the "You do this, i do that and you fall here crap
    This does seem fake rehearsed and like it won't work. At white belt it is.
    You need to start somewhere though. You can't teach someone how to defend themselves or fight in a week or a month. It takes practice practice practice (read muscle memory)

The whole you do this I do that crap helps people when their learning and gives them an idea where your going. Doesn't work when your white or yellow belt sure. When your brown or black you might find people go where you want them to, ESPECIALLY when theiruntrained. They learn how to do the movement correctly first and then how to make it work.
    I know some schools teach this the oppisite way, you practice at low levels and when you get higher they fix your bad habits. Personally I prefer learning the right way first.

Its just my opinion that fighting styles that are designed for sport purposes are more effective than those which are "for street fighting"
    Are you sure you don't have this mixed up?
    I would argue that "sport" martial arts are loaded with rules and restrictions which will often carry over into the "for real" zone.
    If you do taekwondo and you compete but you're never allowed to punch someone in the face block with your knee or kick someone other than on their chest protector, chances are your going to carry those habits over into a street fight where the guy trying to hit you is going to use every dirty trick in the book.
Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 12 3456 ... LastLast