Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/19/2006 4:46am

Style: Jabs & Cross Kung Fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Jones
    "Aikido is a "budo," a "martial way," and therefore inextricably rooted in "jujutsu" or "martial technique." Yet when I look at the aikido world today, I see very little "budo-ness" being expressed in technique, and I wonder if people haven't begun to forget these important roots...."
    Some may have forgotten more than others.

GMW

Infidel

Posted On:
    6/19/2006 4:28pm

Style: Yoshinkan Aikido, MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    "Aikido is a "budo," a "martial way," and therefore inextricably rooted in "jujutsu" or "martial technique." Yet when I look at the aikido world today, I see very little "budo-ness" being expressed in technique, and I wonder if people haven't begun to forget these important roots...."
    Honest question here my friend, what does budo mean to you? How would you go suggest implimenting more budo-ness""in both aikidoa today and their techniques?

Posted On:
    6/20/2006 5:29pm

Join us... or die
     Style: 柔道

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by GuiltySpark
    Honest question here my friend, what does budo mean to you? How would you go suggest implimenting more budo-ness""in both aikidoa today and their techniques?
    Aliveness

Aliveness is about the freedom to use whatever works in the moment. Right action at right time. Which is another name for true compassion. A freedom that is only fully felt when one is completely immersed in the present moment of now, and free of the burden of beliefs, which manifest as thoughts. A clear mind fully aware of reality as it is now, and operating with absolute synchronicity within time and space, that is the real beginning of Aliveness.
    http://aliveness101.blogspot.com/200...aliveness.html
Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 41011121314