Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 12 3 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/01/2006 6:57pm

Style: BJJ and MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    He is a coach on the IFL and he just opened up his own martial arts school where he teaches the mma class and thai boxing so i think he'll be ok.

Submitting 1d6 Investigators per round

Posted On:
    6/01/2006 7:19pm

supporting member
     Style: ZHOO ZHITSU

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Yrkoon9
    Kimo is going to give him a VERY hard time.

Keep in mind Kimo has been grappling for a while now... And Bas has been commentating and making movies. When was Bas' last fight? When was Kimo's?
    Shannon Ritch has been grappling just about as long as Kimo has, and I wouldn't pick him over Bas, either.

Kimo's no Shannon Ritch, but he's certainly no Bas Rutten.

Valiant Monk of Booze & War

Posted On:
    6/02/2006 12:07am

supporting memberstaff
     Style: BJJ/C-JKD/KAAALIII!!!!!!!

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    So...could El Guapo have beaten Hughes?

Posted On:
    6/02/2006 2:07am

Style: BJJ, Judo, SAMBO

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    There aren't a ton of people in UFCwho can beat Hughes. GSP, BJ Penn (provided he wants to) and Karo are the three that could give Hughes a lot of trouble. But other than them, there are not a lot of names that come to mind in UFC.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/02/2006 2:46am

Style: Short fat wimp style MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    So glad I got my tickets to that show early. Bas is the reason I started training at all.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/02/2006 3:08am

Style: SubG, Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Don Gwinn
    OK, I'll buy that, but does Bas still train fighters? I dunno, maybe I'm underestimating Kimo.
    Yes, he helps train his IFL team, The Anacondas.

Brock Sampson

Posted On:
    6/02/2006 12:00pm

supporting member
     Style: 5.56

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I am taking the unpopular view here.

But consider this: I trained with Bas. He was one of my heroes in MMA back in the 90's. He is a great guy with a lot of personality and charisma.

But as for fighting skill he was never one of the elite. I will say, just as everyone should, that his win of Randleman was spotted. And that was the last time he fought. 1999. That was 7 years ago. Heck the fight before that was with TK and he was getting his ass kicked up til the last minute of the fight where he pulled a victory out of his ass. Prior to those wins he has a pretty good career in Pancrase. But how many fights in MMA? 2. But his wins were mostly due to his explosive strength, not neccessarily his technical ability. I further confirmed this in his class.

Kimo is a big guy. He is 250lbs. The sad thing is he has been doing BJJ for a while now. Long enough to get to black belt level. Bas has not been training. He has been very busy with his entertainment career.

I don't doubt that Bas CAN win this fight. I am just saying that it will be extremely difficult for him. This is not a good fight for Bas. Certainly not after a 7 year lay off. It will not be the 1 sided slaughter that many of you think it will be.

software engineer

Posted On:
    6/02/2006 12:46pm

supporting member
     Style: kickboxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Kimo is a big guy. He is 250lbs. The sad thing is he has been doing BJJ for a while now. Long enough to get to black belt level. Bas has not been training. He has been very busy with his entertainment career.

I don't doubt that Bas CAN win this fight. I am just saying that it will be extremely difficult for him. This is not a good fight for Bas. Certainly not after a 7 year lay off. It will not be the 1 sided slaughter that many of you think it will be.
    Minowa had no trouble getting Kimo down and submitting him. Comparing Bas and Minowa, perhaps Minowa stronger/injury free, and a little more proficient with leg locks. But still, if that's the best a BJJ bb in Kimo can offer in terms of gameplan and defense, I think Bas should be able to pull off the same in a short amount of time.
    52 blocks documentary: arrived

"Joe Lauzon looks like a quiet, Internet guy..." -- Dana White

Submitting 1d6 Investigators per round

Posted On:
    6/02/2006 12:56pm

supporting member
     Style: ZHOO ZHITSU

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I am taking the unpopular view here.

But consider this: I trained with Bas. He was one of my heroes in MMA back in the 90's. He is a great guy with a lot of personality and charisma.

But as for fighting skill he was never one of the elite. I will say, just as everyone should, that his win of Randleman was spotted. And that was the last time he fought. 1999. That was 7 years ago. Heck the fight before that was with TK and he was getting his ass kicked up til the last minute of the fight where he pulled a victory out of his ass. Prior to those wins he has a pretty good career in Pancrase. But how many fights in MMA? 2. But his wins were mostly due to his explosive strength, not neccessarily his technical ability. I further confirmed this in his class.
    I pretty much agree with your assessment of Bas, I just think Kimo sucks a lot more than you apparently do.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/02/2006 3:48pm

Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Why did it take so long for Kimo to learn BJJ? Is he to hard headed to learn?
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 12 3 LastLast