Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/01/2006 6:46am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Ufc and ground fighting

This post in not ment to offend anyone.
    Sorry if this topic was talked about in the past.
    With the rules in the ufc, a fighter with average ground skills will lose to a better ground fighter in most cases.Would this be the same case if there where not the rules there to aid ground fighters?
    Does anyone else think ground fighting in the ufc without all the rules would be as successful?
    Also would these fighters want to go to the matt if the rules where not there?
    There are many more rules when the fighters are on the ground then when they are standing.It looks like it was set up to aid ground fighters over stand up ones.

Being able to fight on the ground is a must for ufc fighters and for real life self defence.I just wonder if ground fighting would be as respected if the public didn't see it on ufc and the like being almost unbeatable?
    Again not ment to offend anyone.I would just like some feedback on these points if you can be bothered.
    Thank-you.

The Bottom Brick

Posted On:
    6/01/2006 6:53am

Style: BJJ, Ju-Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hello 1993 called.

Did you miss that there were no rules in the early UFC's?

You know, I really dont like the point stop rules of point fighting that disregard mans natural tendency to ground fight. Do you think that point fighters would have less respect today then they would if they didnt fight with a million rules?

2.5/10, cause you did troll me in to respond.
    "Sifu, I"m niether - I'm a fire dragon so don't **** with me!"

Welterweight

Posted On:
    6/01/2006 7:22am

supporting member
     Style: Fish Oil

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yeah, I don't like how often the UFC restarts fighters on the ground when nothing is happening standing.

That really favors ground fighters.

Edit: stupidity

Posted On:
    6/01/2006 7:23am

supporting member
     Style: BJJ - Homeland Security

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    They added rules that favor striking and the better ground fighter still wins more often than not.

That's all the effort you get from me since this topic has been done dozens of times.

All Out of Bubblegum

Posted On:
    6/01/2006 7:39am

supporting memberforum leader
     Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    wow

Joined in 2003

Lurked for 3 years before making this great new thread.

Troll?

Probably.
    There's no choice but to confront you, to engage you, to erase you. I've gone to great lengths to expand my threshold of pain. I will use my mistakes against you. There's no other choice.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/01/2006 3:17pm

Style: BJJ & MT

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by toymachine76
    This post in not ment to offend anyone.
    Sorry if this topic was talked about in the past.
    With the rules in the ufc, a fighter with average ground skills will lose to a better ground fighter in most cases.Would this be the same case if there where not the rules there to aid ground fighters?
    Does anyone else think ground fighting in the ufc without all the rules would be as successful?
    Also would these fighters want to go to the matt if the rules where not there?
    There are many more rules when the fighters are on the ground then when they are standing.It looks like it was set up to aid ground fighters over stand up ones.

Being able to fight on the ground is a must for ufc fighters and for real life self defence.I just wonder if ground fighting would be as respected if the public didn't see it on ufc and the like being almost unbeatable?
    Again not ment to offend anyone.I would just like some feedback on these points if you can be bothered.
    Thank-you.
    Tim Sylvia, Chuck Liddell and Rich Franklin called. They all said go **** yourself.