Carlos Machado seminars in AUS
great news for aussies
just getting the word out, see you there
Carlos Machado seminars in June!
Carlos Machado is coming to Sydney to teach BJJ seminars on June 10 and 11. It has been 2 years since his last visit. If you missed out last time make sure you go to his seminar this time. He will teach white belts on Saturday and blue belts and above on Sunday. Carlos will also be teaching seminars in Brisbane on June 17 and 18 and in Melbourne June 24 and 25.
(mods if this is in the wrong forum, please move it to the correct one)
bump, not long til its on
I'll be going to the seminars in Melbourne. His last seminars were great. Rigan is also coming out in September!
I was all ready for this, but my son got his first birthday party invitation, which happens to be on the same day.
Oh well, family first...
Disappointed, though. I would love to be there. Think of me with the sugared up 3 year olds, while you are groping sweaty men and absorbing Carlos' pearls of wisdom.
Have the birthday at the seminar. Make it family day and put a smile on the wife's face.
since i'm bored at work, i'll write up a small review of the seminar last weekend
- carlos is awesome
- since i attended the seminar on the "beginner" day we didnt do any weird funky moves, mostly concentrated on the straight armbar and setting it up, finishing it properly. (juji gatame for all you judoka) worth the price of the seminar within the first 15 mins, i'm guessing my armbar attemp:finish ratio will skyrocket now
- a few of the techniques and stuff were a little over my head, it was hard for me to follow so much new information at once, i think many of us noobies were in this situation and carlos was getting a little frustrated at times
- BREATHING IS SO IMPORTANT focussed on why most people gas its because of shitty breathing/ holding your breath, a few tips and things to try. worth the cost of the seminar for this alone
- 1 hour of rolling (old shoulder injury combined with me gassing = missed chance to roll with carlos himself :( bummer )
- after the seminar there was a few belt promotions and offers for private lessons for cheap
in the end, 5 hours of seminar with one of the best bjj guys was well worth my $110 AU
i couple of people i train with went to the seminar up here in queensland. i couldn't afford to go :(
my friend said it was really good, carlos was great etc., but he told me about one funny thing - he was rolling with a black belt that machado had brought over and got tapped. time wasn't up (they were going to roll for 5 minutes) so my friend went again and got tapped. there was another minute to go so he tries to touch hands with the black belt to go again and the BB says "get out of my personal space man!"
what the hell?
The QLD Seminar was over two days with beginners/white belts on Saturday and Blue/coloured belts on Sunday. I only attended one of the days, and will probably be trying to practice / work thru some of the subject matter for next couple of weeks. BTW how many Bullshidoka are based in Brisvegas?
I went to the Carlos seminars on Saturday and Sunday. I also did a private lesson with him on Thursday and the class on thursday night. For those who didn't go - you missed out big time. The two seminars worked right into my game - either what I'm doing now or what I want to be doing now. EVERY time Carlos taught something (about subjects I supposedly knew) I picked up something I hadn't seen before that tweaked my game. It was simply an incredible experience.
did you get to roll with carlos himself? a vid of that would be awesome
Originally Posted by JohnnyS
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO