Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Spear Sister

Posted On:
    6/01/2006 10:33am

supporting membersupporting member
     Style: Dancing the Spears

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Just FYI, almost any cheap digital camera can take video snippets, I'm sure you know someone with a plain old digicam that can take video, it doesnt really need to be filmed on an XL-1S or anything.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/01/2006 10:35am

Style: Chinese Martial Arts

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by AnnaTrocity
    Just FYI, almost any cheap digital camera can take video snippets, I'm sure you know someone with a plain old digicam that can take video, it doesnt really need to be filmed on an XL-1S or anything.
    Well, my current sparring partner has a video cam. My brother (in all his friggin' glory *sigh*) started recording our session at the finale. Essentially, we were already winded as hell and after my getting chocked out with about 3 standing guillotines, I was all wirery by that time too. LOL

Like I said, I'm way ahead of you. I just need to get the video feeds of what we do ASAP, that's all.

Administrator

Posted On:
    6/01/2006 10:47am

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Killing Moon
    Okay, lemme’ slow your roll on this right quick.

I never said that what I do isn’t based on realism. Not for nothing, but everything here is initially based on an internet post. Not everyone and anyone can just pull a camera out of nowhere and say “here, see, lookie me”. I just distinctly said that I’m working on it. So take a chill pill; shit’s not that serious, dude.

Secondly, I just thoroughly explained that it was a “drill” we were going through, not a sparring match nor live combat.

If you think that you’re talking to one of these general Kung Fu players, then you’re sadly mistaken; just to let you know. I couldn’t have gone through half of the ****-storm that I’ve been through if what I knew wasn’t based around realism. Just food for thought, in case anyone wants to keep jumping down my throat.
    You need to calm down. You said you'd post video. I gave you pointers as to why you need to have semi to hard contact on the video.

I also informed you what will happen if it isn't Jackie Chan looking. Now, if you took that the wrong way you came here with a chip on your shoulder.

Notice I said THIS BOARD not your kung fu style. I'm warning you on what is expected here at Bullshido.com not MAP. Now, how that transfers to me insulting your style, I don't know.

I said this board is reality based. In other words your videos need to be non-compliant. I never said anything bad about your kung fu and no one has jumped down your throat. This isn't a ****-storm. If you don't want pointers fine. Post your video up and see what happens.

Dark Overlord of the Bullshido Underworld

Posted On:
    6/01/2006 10:54am

supporting member
     Style: Taai Si Ji Kung Fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    With all due respect to the benefit of the doubt, why is it that whenever someone makes a claim about an art not generally regarded as good in Bullshido, the person making the claim also just so happens to have any or all of the following problems:

• no camera
    • broken camera
    • friend who won't lend camera
    • can't transfer video to computer
    • nowhere to host video
    • lack of permission to post video
    • video clip which fails the basic aliveness test
    • alive video which fails the dork test
    • an injury which prevents them personally from providing said video

I'm mean, C'mon people! It's Bullshido! Can't you be prepared before you start typing? "The dog ate my homework" didn't work in grade school.

:smile:
    Calm down, it's only ones and zeros.

"Your calm and professional manner of response is really draining all the fun out of this. Can you reply more like Dr. Fagbot or something? Call me some names, mention some sand in my vagina or something of the sort. You can't expect me to come up with reasonable arguments man!" -- MaverickZ

"Tom Kagan spins in his grave and the fucking guy isn't even dead yet." -- Snake Plissken

My Bullshido fan club threads:
    Tom Kagan's a big hairy...
    Tom Kagan can lick my BALLS
    Tom Kagan teaches _ing __un and bigotry?
    Tom Kagan: Serious discussion here
    Lamokio asks the burning question is Tom Kagan a ***** or just cruising for some
    I'm Dave the gay Kickboxer from Manchester and I have the hots for Tom Kagan
    TOM KAGAN, OPEN ME, THE MKT ARE COMING FOR YOU ! ARE YOU MAN ENOUGH TO MEET ?
    ATTN TOM KAGAN
    World Dominator 'Kagan' in plot to lie about real Kung Fu and Martial Arts
    Tom Kagan just gave me my third negative rep in a day
    I am infatuated with Tom Kagan
    Tom Kagan is a fat balding white guy.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/01/2006 10:54am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by It is Fake??
    You need to calm down. You said you'd post video. I gave you pointers as to why you need to have semi to hard contact on the video.

I also informed you what will happen if it isn't Jacki Chan looking. Now, if you took that the wrong way you came here with a chip on your shoulder.

Notice I said THIS BOARD not your kung fu style. I'm warning you on what is expected here at Bullshido.com not MAP. Now, how that transfers to me insulting your style, I don't know.

I said this board is reality based. In other words your videos need to be non-compliant. I never said anything bad about your kung fu and no one has jumped down your throat. This isn't a ****-storm. If you don't want pointers fine. Post your video up and see what happens.
    Well let me clear this up then.
    I'm speaking generally (my previous reply to you, ironically) really. I'm not necessarily taking any insults, but I do notice that quite a few KF'ers here are on the defensive edge most of the time. Well, the ones that remain here anyway and for good reason.

Like I said, I'm fully away of the reality bias that everyone has here (hence the theme of the site, obviously). I'm just letting it be known that I'm on the same page, that's all.

Pardon me if I seem to have a chip on my shoulder, it's not how I meant to come off.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/01/2006 10:58am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Kagan
    With all due respect to the benefit of the doubt, why is it that whenever someone makes a claim about an art not generally regarded as good in Bullshido, the person making the claim also just so happens to have any or all of the following problems:
    • no camera
    • broken camera
    • friend who won't lend camera
    • can't transfer video to computer
    • nowhere to host video
    • lack of permission to post video
    • video clip which fails the basic aliveness test
    • alive video which fails the dork test
    • an injury which prevents them personally from providing said video

I'm mean, C'mon people! It's Bullshido! Can't you be prepared before you start typing? "The dog ate my homework" didn't work in grade school.

:smile:
    Hey, you're in NYC too? And a Southerner. PM me up, we have to meet!!!

Dark Overlord of the Bullshido Underworld

Posted On:
    6/01/2006 11:00am

supporting member
     Style: Taai Si Ji Kung Fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Killing Moon
    Hey, you're in NYC too? And a Southerner. PM me up, we have to meet!!!

I already tried your AIM handle and you didn't respond. I've been waiting for you to reach the minimum post requirement before I could PM you.
    Calm down, it's only ones and zeros.

"Your calm and professional manner of response is really draining all the fun out of this. Can you reply more like Dr. Fagbot or something? Call me some names, mention some sand in my vagina or something of the sort. You can't expect me to come up with reasonable arguments man!" -- MaverickZ

"Tom Kagan spins in his grave and the fucking guy isn't even dead yet." -- Snake Plissken

My Bullshido fan club threads:
    Tom Kagan's a big hairy...
    Tom Kagan can lick my BALLS
    Tom Kagan teaches _ing __un and bigotry?
    Tom Kagan: Serious discussion here
    Lamokio asks the burning question is Tom Kagan a ***** or just cruising for some
    I'm Dave the gay Kickboxer from Manchester and I have the hots for Tom Kagan
    TOM KAGAN, OPEN ME, THE MKT ARE COMING FOR YOU ! ARE YOU MAN ENOUGH TO MEET ?
    ATTN TOM KAGAN
    World Dominator 'Kagan' in plot to lie about real Kung Fu and Martial Arts
    Tom Kagan just gave me my third negative rep in a day
    I am infatuated with Tom Kagan
    Tom Kagan is a fat balding white guy.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/01/2006 11:02am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Kagan
    I already tried your AIM handle and you didn't respond. I've been waiting for you to reach the minimum post requirement before I could PM you.
    Problem solved. Gracias.

All Out of Bubblegum

Posted On:
    6/01/2006 11:48am

supporting memberforum leader
     Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Shuma-Gorath
    Good kung fu is possible, but so is winning the lottery on the same day you suffer from a spontaneous mutation that enlarges your penis.
    Unf. whenever that happens it happens to my girlfriend...choices choices...
    There's no choice but to confront you, to engage you, to erase you. I've gone to great lengths to expand my threshold of pain. I will use my mistakes against you. There's no other choice.

and good morning to you too

Posted On:
    6/01/2006 11:58am

supporting member
     Style: MT/BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I alwasy thought the fancy bullshit in kungfu was to frighten people off with looking like you can fight.
    You can't make people smarter. You can expose them to information, but your responsibility stops there.
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 5678 ... LastLast