Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/31/2006 8:49am

Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

can anyone give me info on chum sut?

Hey, im new so first of all hello!

i am going down to the chum sut gym in lisburn this thursday, all i know about it is its run by thomas lamont, and they teach wrestling and striking.

Can anyone give me some information on it? anyone ever train there? what does the training usually consist of?

Is it more stand up orientated?

The results of fights i get from google seems to be chum sut gets alot of wins by striking.

and if i recall the training time is 8 -10?

thanks in advance

Zombie Herald

Posted On:
    5/31/2006 8:53am

supporting member
     Style: Alliance BJJ (Blue)

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Irish fighting? I dunno, sounds like a bit of a stretch.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/31/2006 8:54am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    lol.

here does das moose (i think thats the name) post here, i seen somthing he wrote about chum sut on the internet. Im thinking he could give me some info.

Gnarly King of Half-Guard

Posted On:
    5/31/2006 9:09am

Join us... or die
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Though they are the dreaded _ing _un, they can apparently fight, and with both the face punching and the grapple. The head honcho/sifu/dude is a big player in the Irish MMA scene. Bullshido member Das Moose trains there, I've PMed him to answer any questions you might have. Web site is http://www.chum-sut.fsnet.co.uk/, but not at the moment hugely informative.

If the question is 'Can these people teach me to fight?' the answer is yes.
    Last edited by PointyShinyBurn; 5/31/2006 9:11am at .

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/31/2006 9:33am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Thanks pointy .

Pointy i was never in doubt they could teach me how to fight and i look forward to training there. I love the thought of being a good grappler but if its more striking im coming round to that, from seeing their results i.e ko knee strike 1st round 58 sec's <-- have seen alot of chum sut wins like this lol.

ok well moose if you can answer this before thurday then thanks.

so what does the basic training consist off?

i was talking to thomas lamont he told me to bring down shorts and a t shirt ! would i need anything else i.e a gum shield ? will i need to get boxing gloves etc?

what are the facilities like?

do many people tain there?

how long do you reckon it would be until you notice a difference in ability?

im going down on thursday whats the prices and the times 8 - 10 ?

My pleasure.

Posted On:
    5/31/2006 11:49am

Join us... or die
     Style: yang taichi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Either is one of thos sanda offshoots or it's something you have to pay extra for (wink wink nudge nudge).

Gnarly King of Half-Guard

Posted On:
    5/31/2006 12:13pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    What the hell are you talking about?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/31/2006 1:51pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Pointy thats confised me too lol.

i take it das hasnt been on yet! ill try back later !

Posted On:
    6/01/2006 12:10pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by roberts
    Thanks pointy .

Pointy i was never in doubt they could teach me how to fight and i look forward to training there. I love the thought of being a good grappler but if its more striking im coming round to that, from seeing their results i.e ko knee strike 1st round 58 sec's <-- have seen alot of chum sut wins like this lol.

ok well moose if you can answer this before thurday then thanks.

so what does the basic training consist off?
    Well if you're down on a thursday night, Wing Tzun 7-8, MMA 8-10, altho the thursday night sessions have more of a grappling slant theres a fair amount of striking done. I mean if you know about MMA you know what you'll be learning, boxing, thai, wrestling, BJJ, the usual.

i was talking to thomas lamont he told me to bring down shorts and a t shirt ! would i need anything else i.e a gum shield ? will i need to get boxing gloves etc?
    You might want to pick up some gloves in a few weeks but the gym has all the main equipment and most of the guys borrow. As for a gum shield, you wont be doing any sparring for a while yet and i think its only the saturday afternoons that have sparring.

what are the facilities like?
    Very good. We have plenty of mat space, lots of punching bags, striking equipment, weights, machines, a boxing ring, etc

do many people tain there?
    Bit of a "how long is a piece of string" question, we're going from strength to strength and thers always plenty of people down for the classes. Bit different from back in a few years ago when i turned up 20 minutes late for hte WT class and met tom locking up as no one else had turned up! (in fairness it was only a week off christmas)

how long do you reckon it would be until you notice a difference in ability?
    depends on what level you're at now. I'd say right away because the training is very focused and effective.

im going down on thursday whats the prices and the times 8 - 10 ?
    8-10 for the MMA, not 100% sure on the pricing as tom gives me a student discount, shouldn't be more than 10 tho.
    Lol the class starts in a few hours so this might be a bit too late ;) But it'll be good to have another chum sut-er around! I'm gonna PM you with some info so we can get in direct contact.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/01/2006 12:13pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    hey mate im online now, i take it you just posted that! i dont know how to view pm's
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast