Page 2 of 3 First 123 Last

Style
    nada
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Good point. One nice thing about Ohio.

My brother recently visited from California and couldn't believe I could walk into a gun shop, purchase a gun, and leave with it. Not to mention all the goodies I have that he can't purchase. What makes it worse is he lives practically on the Oregon border, but he can't buy firearms there with a California driver's license.

Style
    Kung Fu
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    This is my space gun: HK SL8
    “We are surrounded by warships and don’t have time to talk. Please pray for us.” — One Somali Pirate.

Style
    nada
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Phrost
    Plus, there's the issue of using it for home defense and shooting through your walls with a supersonic round like the .223.
    Well, if you're planning on using .45 or 9mm for home defense, use a handgun. The improved ballistics from the longer barrel of the CX4 isn't going to mean much at "inside the house" range.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by dwid
    Well, if you're planning on using .45 or 9mm for home defense, use a handgun. The improved ballistics from the longer barrel of the CX4 isn't going to mean much at "inside the house" range.
    It will if you have a big house!

Style
    Kung Fu
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I would never use a rifle in a house, unless I was aiming at something outside, like a madman with an AK-47 for example.
    “We are surrounded by warships and don’t have time to talk. Please pray for us.” — One Somali Pirate.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    man **** that. Just move to a nice mountaintop with no courts or laws or friendlies for miles.

And if you don't think my space gun is pretty you have a soul without poetry. Enjoy your AK knockoffs.

Style
    Boxing/BJJudo/Crossfit
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I swear this is a serious non trolling question, Would a rubber bullet, (typical handgun round) be a viable home defense round? It would have minimal pentration and if you have something like a .45 or .40 could it have decent stopping power?
    Last edited by ojgsxr6; 5/31/2006 5:08pm at . Reason: Damn typos

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by dwid
    Well, it has a relatively low ammo capacity and fires handgun rounds.

Why not buy a .223 or an AK. You can get a .223 with a 16 inch barrel and a collapsable stock that would be every bit as maneuverable as that. Hell, get a conversion kit and you can fire 9mm through it as well.
    Dwid, if I cared about being robbed, I'd get a shotgun.

And some possesions...you know, for bait.

I don't think I can quite hook up the FN 2000 man

The carbine is very pretty and very affordable.

I think I may even get one of the fruity camo schemes that makes it look like a squirtgun

That's what I want

An underbarrel squirtgun.

"See, it's realistic, isn't officer? BUT FAKE! LOOK WATER!"

Style
    Kung Fu
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by ojgsxr6
    I swear this is a serious non trolling question, Would a rubber bullet, (typical handgun round) be a viable home defense round? It would have minimal pentration and if you have something like a .45 or .40 could it have decent stopping power?
    Do you want to have the toy gun in a gunfight?

Okay.:dark1:

Style
    nada
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyCache
    man **** that. Just move to a nice mountaintop with no courts or laws or friendlies for miles.

And if you don't think my space gun is pretty you have a soul without poetry. Enjoy your AK knockoffs.
    It's not that I don't think it's pretty, I just think it's the ugliest design idea I've ever seen in a firearm. The lines are all over the place, and it looks like injection-molded plastic crap. It's a mystery that the Italians couldn't do better. Look at that HK, or look at a Bushmaster with a 16" barrel and tell me that the CX4 is not a dog by comparison.

Page 2 of 3 First 123 Last