Stacking the trigger-What does it mean?

What does stacking the trigger mean?

and humble, too!

Posted On:
    5/27/2006 5:53pm

Style: Systema, BJJ, Arrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Where did you hear it used and in what context? That's a new one on me, but if someone asked me to "go bus' a cap in hi' ass!" I wouldn't get that either.

Administrator

Posted On:
    5/27/2006 8:11pm

supporting memberhall of famestaff
     Style: Muay Thai & BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Do you mean, Rocking the trigger?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sifu Rudy Abel
    "Just what makes a pure grappler think he can survive with an experienced striker. Especially if that striker isn't following any particular rule set and is well aware of what the grapplers strategies are".

Dark Overlord of the Bullshido Underworld

Posted On:
    5/27/2006 9:35pm

supporting member
     Style: Taai Si Ji Kung Fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    After a bit of Google-Fu, I didn't find anything about stacking THE trigger. However, I did find a description: a trigger which is stacking is one which is inconsistent. It has a hitch where if feels like the mechanism comes to a stop and you have to pull a little harder - like the pull pressure has to "stack up" before the mechanism (probably the sear) will continue the cycle to fire. After the mechanism moves over the "stack", the pull pressure to fire will drop back down again.

A stacking trigger - could this be what you mean?
    Last edited by Tom Kagan; 5/27/2006 9:38pm at .
    Calm down, it's only ones and zeros.

"Your calm and professional manner of response is really draining all the fun out of this. Can you reply more like Dr. Fagbot or something? Call me some names, mention some sand in my vagina or something of the sort. You can't expect me to come up with reasonable arguments man!" -- MaverickZ

"Tom Kagan spins in his grave and the fucking guy isn't even dead yet." -- Snake Plissken

My Bullshido fan club threads:
    Tom Kagan's a big hairy...
    Tom Kagan can lick my BALLS
    Tom Kagan teaches _ing __un and bigotry?
    Tom Kagan: Serious discussion here
    Lamokio asks the burning question is Tom Kagan a ***** or just cruising for some
    I'm Dave the gay Kickboxer from Manchester and I have the hots for Tom Kagan
    TOM KAGAN, OPEN ME, THE MKT ARE COMING FOR YOU ! ARE YOU MAN ENOUGH TO MEET ?
    ATTN TOM KAGAN
    World Dominator 'Kagan' in plot to lie about real Kung Fu and Martial Arts
    Tom Kagan just gave me my third negative rep in a day
    I am infatuated with Tom Kagan
    Tom Kagan is a fat balding white guy.

and humble, too!

Posted On:
    5/27/2006 10:11pm

Style: Systema, BJJ, Arrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Oh - the first and second pressures. When you're presicion shooting - what Kagan said. Some shooters want a good measure of first pressure - I tuned mine not to have any at all. It's all about trigger control - snipers have to be very precise about when they fire and cannot afford to "be a little bit surprised" when the round discharges.

BJJ wins again!

Posted On:
    5/27/2006 10:13pm

supporting member
     Style: Guns

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Some people refer to "stacking" the trigger when they take the trigger part of the way through the pull--on a double action trigger, the double action will take a longer and heavier pull than single action.
    Some shooters train to pull the trigger partway as they confirm their sight picture.
    I don't like this in the real world because it seems too easy to fire accidentally, but in competition many people like it.

The perfect trigger would be very difficult to "stack" this way because it would have none of the "stacking" described in the post above. The pull would be smooth and the pressure would build perfectly evenly until you hit the "break" (the point where the sear trips and the round fires.) The break would be instant, like breaking a thin rod of glass, and it would be a total surprise. There should be no sign that it's coming at all.

An inconsistent, "stacking" trigger like the one Tom describes will often lead the shooter to try to guess where the break will be, which translates to moving the gun. If you did a good job of acquiring the sight picture, then moving the gun means you miss.

Dark Overlord of the Bullshido Underworld

Posted On:
    5/30/2006 10:16am

supporting member
     Style: Taai Si Ji Kung Fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Don Gwinn
    Some people refer to "stacking" the trigger when they take the trigger part of the way through the pull--on a double action trigger, the double action will take a longer and heavier pull than single action.
    Some shooters train to pull the trigger partway as they confirm their sight picture.
    I don't like this in the real world because it seems too easy to fire accidentally, but in competition many people like it.

Oh my. One of the disadvantages of living in NYC is that I don't do anywhere near enough shooting. But, the above strikes me as belonging in the same category as the "don't worry it's not loaded" method of clearing the chamber.

Is this something anyone would even want to consider outside of elite level sport shooting in one of the non-modified categories with a DA/SA or DAO weapon?
    Calm down, it's only ones and zeros.

"Your calm and professional manner of response is really draining all the fun out of this. Can you reply more like Dr. Fagbot or something? Call me some names, mention some sand in my vagina or something of the sort. You can't expect me to come up with reasonable arguments man!" -- MaverickZ

"Tom Kagan spins in his grave and the fucking guy isn't even dead yet." -- Snake Plissken

My Bullshido fan club threads:
    Tom Kagan's a big hairy...
    Tom Kagan can lick my BALLS
    Tom Kagan teaches _ing __un and bigotry?
    Tom Kagan: Serious discussion here
    Lamokio asks the burning question is Tom Kagan a ***** or just cruising for some
    I'm Dave the gay Kickboxer from Manchester and I have the hots for Tom Kagan
    TOM KAGAN, OPEN ME, THE MKT ARE COMING FOR YOU ! ARE YOU MAN ENOUGH TO MEET ?
    ATTN TOM KAGAN
    World Dominator 'Kagan' in plot to lie about real Kung Fu and Martial Arts
    Tom Kagan just gave me my third negative rep in a day
    I am infatuated with Tom Kagan
    Tom Kagan is a fat balding white guy.

Dorkus Malorkus

Posted On:
    5/30/2006 1:10pm

supporting member
     Style: Boxing/BJJudo/Crossfit

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I think Don Gwinn is correct, unfortunately I'll never know. Basically, my friend was at the range and one of the range officers complimented him on how he was "stacking the trigger". He asked me what it meant, and I said I have no idea but he described what he was doing and I decided to ask here.