Posted On:
    6/06/2003 1:17pm

supporting member
     Style: JKD Concepts, Kyokushin

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    "I win."

Perhaps, Wastrel....

I suppose a matter such as this boils down to how deep one's feelings are for what's right and just are.

We live in a society that allows us to decide what's important. People here can decide to be apathetic about matters such as these if they choose to. It's a freedom that's made available due, in no small part, to men like you enlist in the military and men like me who put on a uniform and duty belt every day. To defend this freedom.

But every freedom comes at a price. Perhaps a case of beer is not worth losing one's life over. I would agree with that. It is a material thing, and certainly nothing to lose one's life over.

But it's the principle that I support. I think that the responsibility of maintaining the welfare and safety of society lies on every citizen, whether they wear a uniform or not.

The best won victory is that obtained without bloodshed - Bushido proverb
    "Onward we stagger, and if the tanks come, may God help the tanks." - Col. William O. Darby

Stand and Deliver!

Posted On:
    6/06/2003 1:31pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Oh, and Wastrel....about that TKD video with the Muay Thai fighter...

I don't know if it was entirely accurate....

That fighter didn't seem to know what the hell he was doing. In fact, if you look real closely, you'll see that the guy isn't even a black belt....he's wearing a red belt.

You can't put an awesome Muay Thai fighter in the ring with a so so Taekwondo student and expect it to be a fair fight. Even if it is TKD rules.

"Onward we stagger, and if the tanks come, may God help the tanks." - Col. William O. Darby

Such as thou art, sometime was I.

Posted On:
    6/06/2003 1:43pm

supporting member
     Style: Brazilian Jiujitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Oh man. I was just kidding around.

"If you want a picture of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face - for ever."
    Normally, I'd say I was grappling, but I was taking down and mounting people, and JFS has kindly informed us that takedowns and being mounted are neither grappling nor anti grappling, so I'm not sure what the **** I was doing. Maybe schroedinger's sparring, where it's neither grappling nor anti-grappling until somoene observes it and collapses the waveform, and then I RNC a cat to death.----fatherdog

Stand and Deliver!

Posted On:
    6/06/2003 1:46pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I know.

It's cool!

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345