supporting member
     Style: JKD Concepts, Kyokushin

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    RP,
    That was plain stupid.

Explain, Wastrel.

The best won victory is that obtained without bloodshed - Bushido proverb
    "Onward we stagger, and if the tanks come, may God help the tanks." - Col. William O. Darby

Titan

Posted On:
    6/06/2003 9:01am

supporting member
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The judicial system doesn't look kindly on people who take the law into their own hands.

----------------------------------------------------------
    Space may be the final frontier,
    But it's made in a Hollywood basement.
    "You realise the transformations give a man enough strength to destroy a truck with his bare hands!?
    YOU HAVE BETRAYED ME, IN THE WORST POSSIBLE MANNER!!" - KiWarrior

"Sport ? That kind of thing's not my bag baby!" - Sammy Franco

"This system was developed with the help of notible BJJ fighter Ribbon Muchado." - "Sifu" Anthony Iglesias

Stand and Deliver!

Posted On:
    6/06/2003 9:03am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    SLJ, you misunderstand.

I'm not talking about vigilante justice. I'm talking about doing a citizen's duty to aid the police WITHIN THE PARAMETERS OF THE LAW.

SLJ.....Canadian law is not that different from British law....we can both agree that they are both equally stupid,right?

"Onward we stagger, and if the tanks come, may God help the tanks." - Col. William O. Darby

Titan

Posted On:
    6/06/2003 9:10am

supporting member
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Lol, Amen to that.

BTW I'm not anti-police at all, I think they do a very difficult job.

----------------------------------------------------------
    Space may be the final frontier,
    But it's made in a Hollywood basement.
    "You realise the transformations give a man enough strength to destroy a truck with his bare hands!?
    YOU HAVE BETRAYED ME, IN THE WORST POSSIBLE MANNER!!" - KiWarrior

"Sport ? That kind of thing's not my bag baby!" - Sammy Franco

"This system was developed with the help of notible BJJ fighter Ribbon Muchado." - "Sifu" Anthony Iglesias

Stand and Deliver!

Posted On:
    6/06/2003 9:11am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    LOL, Tell me about it, mate!

I just think that it is because of the difficulty of their job that it is all the more important that we assist them in any way that we can.

Such as thou art, sometime was I.

Posted On:
    6/06/2003 9:17am

supporting member
     Style: Brazilian Jiujitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    First of all, I don't know about Canadian law. I'm not sure whether it's more influenced by British Common Law or Napoleonic Code, but this occurred in Oregon. I can't put it more plainly: doing nothing is not aiding and abetting.

"If you want a picture of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face - for ever."
    Normally, I'd say I was grappling, but I was taking down and mounting people, and JFS has kindly informed us that takedowns and being mounted are neither grappling nor anti grappling, so I'm not sure what the **** I was doing. Maybe schroedinger's sparring, where it's neither grappling nor anti-grappling until somoene observes it and collapses the waveform, and then I RNC a cat to death.----fatherdog

Stand and Deliver!

Posted On:
    6/06/2003 9:19am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I just saw this ad that Kungfoolss posted, then I saw all these people here making stupid comments about it, partly because, yes Ms. Renhard put herself at considerable risk, and because of her skills in Taekwondo...an art that many people consider laughable.

I guess it just pissed me off because my primary martial art is Taekwondo...guess it touched a nerve.

But seriously, just to set the record straight...A good Taekwondo student who practices diligently and is well rounded in all aspects of the art (ie. Hosinsul, Poomes, Gyorugi, etc) is far from defenseless and in fact, I'd go so far to say would be a formidable adversary or ally in a self defense situation.

I'm sure you'd agree with that, wouldn't you, Wastrel?

Stand and Deliver!

Posted On:
    6/06/2003 9:19am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Wastrel, Canadian law is more rooted in British Common Law. Except for Quebec, but that's because they're a bunch of backward frogs anyway. It is the only province in Canada that follows the Napoleonic Code.

And yes, you are right. Legally, doing nothing is not aiding and abetting.....but morally, it is.

Edited by - Rising Phoenix on June 06 2003 09:20:40

Edited by - Rising Phoenix on June 06 2003 09:21:37

Such as thou art, sometime was I.

Posted On:
    6/06/2003 9:25am

supporting member
     Style: Brazilian Jiujitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Morally it is not...depending on the situation, including the bystander's capabilities.

And yes, I would agree about the TKD thing. But it must be pretty hard to find people like that.

My own background is in CMAs, Taekkyon, and BJJ

"If you want a picture of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face - for ever."
    Normally, I'd say I was grappling, but I was taking down and mounting people, and JFS has kindly informed us that takedowns and being mounted are neither grappling nor anti grappling, so I'm not sure what the **** I was doing. Maybe schroedinger's sparring, where it's neither grappling nor anti-grappling until somoene observes it and collapses the waveform, and then I RNC a cat to death.----fatherdog

Stand and Deliver!

Posted On:
    6/06/2003 9:30am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    But, surely you'd agree that if a proficient martial artist did nothing to stop a crime in progress, that would be morally wrong, right?

Unfortunately, you are right. There are too many students of TKD that are far too worried about Gyourugi to practice the other parts of the art. That's why this art is so laughable to so many people that really know nothing of the art. Especially that video clip about the TKD student fighting the Muay Thai fighter....if you haven't seen it yet, I suggest you do. You will shake your head in disgust. It is because of that, that people think TKD is a joke.

But you practice Taekkyon? Cool!

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 123 45 LastLast