Join us... or die
     Style: I wear pants

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Molalla teen fights crime hands-on

Metro Clackamas News

05/19/03

by NOELLE CROMBIE

MOLALLA -- Anna Renhard had dropped into the Meadowbrook Grocery & Deli to visit a friend at work last week when she saw two young men walk to the beer cooler.

One grabbed an 18-pack of Budweiser. The other grabbed a pack of Coors Light. Then they walked out, said Stephani Dix, Renhard's friend. But they'd picked the wrong place for their Monday night beer grab. Renhard, 18, is a Molalla High School senior. She's also a black belt in tae kwon do, and she plans to enlist in the U.S. Marines this summer. She bolted out the door after the men and chased the smaller one as he raced across the street and into a field. She caught up with him, grabbed his shirt and pulled him back to the store.

She ordered him to stay put. "He said 'OK' whenever I told him to go with me, not to start anything with me," said Renhard, who is 5 feet, 5 inches tall and 130 pounds. Dix, 18, who works as a clerk at the store, had called the Clackamas County Sheriff's Office. A deputy was on the way. Back at the store, Renhard stayed in control. "She just basically said, 'Sit down, sit down now and don't get up,' " Dix said. "I think he was a little in shock that some girl just took him down. "I thought it was really cool," she said. Deputy Emile Burley arrested Henry Brouillette, 20, then found Jacob Patterson, 23, on Union Mills Road. The deputy found 17 cans of Coors Light tucked into Patterson's pockets and his pants, authorities said. Patterson was drinking the eighteenth, Detective Jim Strovink said.

Brouillette, who lives in Canby, and Patterson, of Molalla, were charged with third-degree theft. The beer -- about $30 worth -- was returned to the store. Owner Don Williams gave Renhard a gift certificate to the store to show his gratitude. "There are some people out there that do the right thing," he said. "I just think it's the greatest thing."

http://www.oregonlive.com/metrosouth/oregonian/index.ssf?/base/metro_south_news/1053173575264090.xml
    Kungfoolss, Scourge of the theory-based stylists, Most Feared man at Bullshido.com, and the Preeminent Force in the martial arts political arena

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/20/2003 12:51am

Style: WC, etc.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    What odes she care? Stores have employees for that sort of thing.
    She is lucky she wasn't shot. The cops should have told her not to take such chances.

Why train to defend pisswater beer?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/20/2003 8:35am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    WOW!! She outran a petty theif and used her amazing Tae Kwan Doe skills to grab the back of his shirt!!! I wonder which toes she used to grab him :-)

Posted On:
    5/23/2003 1:44pm

supporting memberstaff
     Style: Grappling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    "The deputy found 17 cans of Coors Light tucked into Patterson's pockets and his pants,"

this whole story is pretty funny

--
    Hard work, Patience, Dedication.
    Surfing Facebook at work? Spread the good word by adding us on Facebook today! https://www.facebook.com/Bullshido

Posted On:
    5/23/2003 1:53pm

Style: lame

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Kungfoolish really needs to get a life.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/23/2003 2:01pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    MOLALLA...sounds like a real dangerous neighbourhood...probably a town so small that chances are she was related to the guy...

Titan

Posted On:
    6/06/2003 7:17am

supporting member
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Wow... lots of TKD used there then, and all for a good cause.

----------------------------------------------------------
    Space may be the final frontier,
    But it's made in a Hollywood basement.
    "You realise the transformations give a man enough strength to destroy a truck with his bare hands!?
    YOU HAVE BETRAYED ME, IN THE WORST POSSIBLE MANNER!!" - KiWarrior

"Sport ? That kind of thing's not my bag baby!" - Sammy Franco

"This system was developed with the help of notible BJJ fighter Ribbon Muchado." - "Sifu" Anthony Iglesias

Stand and Deliver!

Posted On:
    6/06/2003 7:51am

supporting member
     Style: JKD Concepts, Kyokushin

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Laugh at her if you will, but at least she had the guts to do her civic duty and apprehend a thief. At least she was strong enough to do something in the name of justice.

So, it might seem a little trivial...apprehending a shoplifter. But it's all these little things, such as shoplifting and fraud, that add up to make this society the cesspool that it tends to be at times.

And furthermore, she did something that I'd wager alot of you people that laugh about this probably wouldn't have the balls to do.

The best won victory is that obtained without bloodshed - Bushido proverb

Edited by - Rising Phoenix on June 06 2003 07:54:39
    "Onward we stagger, and if the tanks come, may God help the tanks." - Col. William O. Darby

Titan

Posted On:
    6/06/2003 8:15am

supporting member
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    What?

It was totally stupid, she could of been stabbed over a crate of beer.

If you or your loved ones are in danger it's a totally different matter, but otherwise leave it to the police, especially petty **** like shoplifting.

----------------------------------------------------------
    Space may be the final frontier,
    But it's made in a Hollywood basement.
    "You realise the transformations give a man enough strength to destroy a truck with his bare hands!?
    YOU HAVE BETRAYED ME, IN THE WORST POSSIBLE MANNER!!" - KiWarrior

"Sport ? That kind of thing's not my bag baby!" - Sammy Franco

"This system was developed with the help of notible BJJ fighter Ribbon Muchado." - "Sifu" Anthony Iglesias

Stand and Deliver!

Posted On:
    6/06/2003 8:22am

supporting member
     Style: JKD Concepts, Kyokushin

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    True....however, that's the same risk that the police, guys like me, take when they apprehend a suspect.

It's definitely a risk, but it's commendable because a private citizen like Renhard took it upon herself to do this.

If you ever get the time, read the nine principles of policing by Sir Robert Peel.

He states that the Police are public and the public are police....meaning that it is the duty of everyone to ensure that their community is safe. If you don't have the will to stand up to people like them and do your part to make your corner of the world a better place, then don't complain because there is too much crime in your area.

The police cannot be everywhere at once.

Also, one of the underlying principles of Taekwondo involve maintaining a sense of freedom and justice in one's community. She had her training behind her when she did what she did. You really think she would have been totally defenseless? Just because there is that misconception that Taekwondo doesn't work?

Let me tell you...if you take on a proficient Taekwondo student on the street, don't plan on getting out of that fight without any bruises or wounds. A student of Taekwondo, if they practice dilligently and fight smart is more than a match for any street punk.

The best won victory is that obtained without bloodshed - Bushido proverb

Edited by - Rising Phoenix on June 06 2003 08:29:02
    "Onward we stagger, and if the tanks come, may God help the tanks." - Col. William O. Darby
Page 1 of 5 1 2345 LastLast