Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 6789 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/31/2006 12:42pm

Style: TKD, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You said the kick that "Sean" was throwing is a Kung Fu technique. Dude, almost every style has a round house kick.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/31/2006 12:43pm

Style: Judo, Xbox

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by MistaKickz
    You said the kick that "Sean" was throwing is a Kung Fu technique. Dude, almost every style has a round house kick.

I think I heard that somewhere before.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/31/2006 12:44pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Beaton do you have any video of Sean fighting a Muay Thai fighter? No one here will be convinced by pictures.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/31/2006 12:45pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Beaton do you have any video of Sean fighting a Muay Thai fighter? No one here will be convinced by pictures.

What the hell does that have to do with the argument we're having?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/31/2006 12:47pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Beaton Yu
    What the hell does that have to do with the argument we're having?
    Okay, your saying Sean or whoever is a full contact fighter. You said he's capable of beating a Muay Thai fighter. Do you have any evidence of this (video footage).

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/31/2006 12:48pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Okay, your saying Sean or whoever is a full contact fighter. You said he's capable of beating a Muay Thai fighter. Do you have any evidence of this (video footage).

I never said any such thing. What I said was that San Shou is Kung Fu.

Posted On:
    5/31/2006 12:48pm

Business Class Supporting Memberstaff
     Guy Who Pays the Bills and Gets the Death Threats Style: MMA (Retired)

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I missed the part where you explained how what he was doing in that first picture translates into successful fighting skills.

I mean, I've done some weird things in the name of exercise before, but I don't directly equate them to my ability to deliver punches or kicks on a resisting opponent.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/31/2006 12:51pm

Style: kung fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    FL San Shou fighter Eric Rivera in Muay Thai match.

"As some of you may know our very own Eric Rivera, the co-founder of Florida Sanshou, fought last week in Key West. He fought on the ISKA Key West Fight Night card against hometown fighter Saulo Ottye. This was Rivera's first official Muay Thai rules bout and man did he shine, dominating the fight from the opening round and taking the unanimous decision!

Eric Rivera trained for this Muay Thai rules match with the help of the American TKA Muay Thai team under head coach Master Javier Gil and assistant coaches Raul Llopis and Jose Mauricio Caal. American TKA is a great supporter of the Flsanshou.com team and has helped some of our team members improve their stand up skills. This has helped us not only perfect our already sound Sanshou skills, but has also allowed us to prove our skills in the always competitve Muay Thai arena.

Here is a small highlight of Eric Rivera's training before the fight and clips from the fight itself. Thanks to the Erive Production team for their quick work on putting together the video."

From the flsanshou website... you can dig further and see some of those guys lose Muay Thai matches at the IKF last year, after they cancelled the sanshou division.
    Last edited by isol8d; 5/31/2006 12:54pm at .

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/31/2006 12:52pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Beaton Yu
    I never said any such thing. What I said was that San Shou is Kung Fu.
    That's my bad I misread. But anyways.. San Shou isn't Kung Fu. It's basically Muay Thai w/ throws. People don't even call it Kung Fu. They say, San Shou.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/31/2006 12:53pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Phrost
    I missed the part where you explained how what he was doing in that first picture translates into successful fighting skills.

I mean, I've done some weird things in the name of exercise before, but I don't directly equate them to my ability to deliver punches or kicks on a resisting opponent.

I never did. I am the first person to admit that traditional Kung Fu teaches you a lot of **** that is totally useless in a real fight. I, and others like me have reasons for wanting to learn that other crap. My point in posting those pictures is that one can do the bullshit pajama dancing and be an effective fighter at the same time within Kung Fu.

The argument we're having here is whether or not San Shou is Kung Fu based. San Shou is just Kung Fu stripped down to the techniques that are usefull in actual, full contact/real world fights.
Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 6789 ... LastLast