Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Embarassing aspiring thugs since 1991

Posted On:
    5/31/2006 11:03pm

supporting member
     Style: bjj

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Two of them got arrested. The guy i stabbed and one other guy. Nothing was done to me what so ever. The police officer that drove me to the hospital told me and i quote, "the next time you stab one of those motherfuckers make sure you pull up."It was like a little riot in the KFC. I was saying they shouldve been charged with a hate crime since they were calling me racially charged names. They were also grown ass men 18 and 20 in a group attacking me.I dont believe MD has a self defense law as it was explained to me. They were guilty of felonious assault. PM inbound

Genius

Posted On:
    5/31/2006 11:07pm

supporting member
     Style: Kru-MuayThai,GJJ-Blue

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Get a dozen cats and a big knife and find out yourself.

Infidel

Posted On:
    5/31/2006 11:48pm

Style: Yoshinkan Aikido, MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Samuel Browning with regards to cutting vs slashing someone what do you think about Grossmans opinion that stabbing someone is psychologically harder to do than slashing them. The act of sliding a knife into someone goes against a humans natural aversion to killing so slashing someone is easy. I believe there were a few references (though I do remember your point about ww1 stats) that during the roman era the swords used for piercing were often still used in a slashing manner making them much less effective. Grossman cited this slashing vice stabbing was due to the psychological effects of killing someone up close and in such a personal matter.

Embarassing aspiring thugs since 1991

Posted On:
    6/01/2006 12:26am

supporting member
     Style: bjj

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You are referring to On Killing right ? Interesting read. That was something i was going to elaborate on but i wasnt sure if it would hurt feelings and start a wave of racist rants. I believe In On Killing it mentions when asked who american soldiers during WW2 wanted to kill almost all said Japanese. It is easier to kill someone that doesnt look like you.The guys I was fighting were all black and Im a white guy. Though it didnt cross my mind at the time it was no different sticking the knife in that guy then it was for me field dressing a deer.Go figure

Infidel

Posted On:
    6/01/2006 12:47am

Style: Yoshinkan Aikido, MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    That's what I was refering to yes.

It is easier to kill someone that doesnt look like you
    Agreed. There are a bunch of factors which makes killing easier such as race, culture, distance from the person, whether you hate them (say for war crimes) or not, whether your under lawful orders to do so etc..
    Last edited by vigilus; 6/01/2006 12:49am at .

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/03/2006 5:09pm

Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I don't know about knives but I once saw this show on discovery about the most effective sword in history, and in a 1 on 1 fight it was the rapier or whatever its called because a stab is far more lethal then a slash and they are made for stabing, also its more dificult to parry and has more range then slash, even in large groups like wars and such the Roman gladius was one of the best (in the way they used it, tightly packed group of soldiers, huge shields up and swords biting through the holes, stabing everything in front), also if the enemy has an armor the stabing again is better because its the entire force concentraded on the point of the sword, that makes it more likelly to go trough armor.

Of course this is all relative to time in history and all that but maybe something can be aplied to knifes as well ?

(And don't forget the ownage of the deadly phalanx formation, Alexander the Great knew, stabing f0r t3h w1n)
    Last edited by Lucky Seven; 6/03/2006 5:15pm at .

Posted On:
    6/03/2006 5:39pm

hall of famestaff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by GuiltySpark
    Samuel Browning with regards to cutting vs slashing someone what do you think about Grossmans opinion that stabbing someone is psychologically harder to do than slashing them. The act of sliding a knife into someone goes against a humans natural aversion to killing so slashing someone is easy. I believe there were a few references (though I do remember your point about ww1 stats) that during the roman era the swords used for piercing were often still used in a slashing manner making them much less effective. Grossman cited this slashing vice stabbing was due to the psychological effects of killing someone up close and in such a personal matter.
    To answer your question I would really need a comparison sample of people who did not die from sharp force attacks. It sounds reasonable however.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/03/2006 5:44pm

Style: Kung Fu and Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I was talking to some paramedics and they mentioned that a lot of deep slash wound victims get hypothermic because of the loss of blood and the exposing of the internal organs to the outside temperature.

One Ambulance, Eleven Cops...

Posted On:
    6/03/2006 5:55pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Kung Fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I don't know if that's all that true. I'd expect a person to go into shock, rather than "hypothermia"
    “We are surrounded by warships and don’t have time to talk. Please pray for us.” — One Somali Pirate.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/03/2006 5:58pm

Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I was talking to some paramedics and they mentioned that a lot of deep slash wound victims get hypothermic because of the loss of blood and the exposing of the internal organs to the outside temperature.
    This is people who get cut and don't recieve medical treatment right ? How much time does one take to get hypothermic ? And wouldn't the person lose consciousness/die from loss of blood before getting hypothermic ?
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123 456 LastLast