Our Sponsors:

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12 3456 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    5/31/2006 1:48pm

hall of famestaff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I think I can resolve this argument but I will have to use information from Cleveland Ohio. Please forgive me.

"Stabbings constitute the great majority of homicides committed with edged and pointed weapons. In a series of two hundred and fifty consecutive fatal criminal 'cuttings' investigated by the Cuyahoga County Coroner's Office 227 (ninety-one%) were caused by stab wounds and twenty-three (nine%) resulted from incised wounds. Fifteen of the latter were located on the neck, and the remaining eight involved the extemities." Lester Adelson M.D., The Pathology of Homicide, (Charles C. Thomas Publisher, Springfield Illinois, 1974) pp. 339-340

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/31/2006 7:28pm

Style: FMA/MT

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    To add to Browings point, and I can only talk from the stats I know, a fair proportion of stabbings round my neck of the woods (depite what the media say) tend to be in domestics, in which cases the knife will most likely have come out of a knife block and therefore be held in a reverse grip (ie for stabbing)

I am fairly sure that there are probably also evoluntionary reasons for stabbing being more common, its the most basic of up and down motions (when you get the red mist and only gross motor skills are viable, slashing is too complex), like a hammer, a fishing rod, a tent peg, or particualarly vigourous masturbation...

Posted On:
    5/31/2006 8:36pm

hall of famestaff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    "I am fairly sure that there are probably also evoluntionary reasons for stabbing being more common, its the most basic of up and down motions (when you get the red mist and only gross motor skills are viable, slashing is too complex), like a hammer, a fishing rod, a tent peg,"

Rex Applegate used to make much the same point in terms of how an untrained person will grab a knife.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/31/2006 9:56pm

Style: not training

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Thanks for the answers guys. Your answers tend to support what I was already thinking (such things as clothing interfering with slashes, etc...).

Jonathan

Bullshido Wikipedia Delegate

Posted On:
    5/31/2006 10:11pm

supporting memberhall of fameBullshido Newbie
     Style: Krav / (Kick)Boxing / BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Don't forget guys:

Britain wants to ban pointy knives, not sharp ones.

Embarassing aspiring thugs since 1991

Posted On:
    5/31/2006 10:25pm

supporting member
     Style: bjj

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I have experience on this. I stabbed a guy when I was 15. Im left handed and drove it into the upper right hand side of the side his chest. His eyes widened his jaw dropped and he fell straight down where he stood gasping like he couldnt catch his breath. It was a 3 inch blade on a folding buck knife. By the way im not a nut or anything i was just trying to catch the bus home from school.

Posted On:
    5/31/2006 10:30pm

hall of famestaff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    huh, was he stopping you from catching the bus? You don't explain why it was necessary to stab him.

Posted On:
    5/31/2006 10:49pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I was minding my business waiting for the bus. I live in Baltimore I went to a magnet school called Baltimore City College HS. It required 2 bus rides on americas best public transportation system The Maryland MTA. The first bus the number 3 always put me out on North Ave where i would wait for the second bus the number 64 to take me the rest of the way.

My freshman year all up to november of my sophmore year i never had a single incident. It was just one of those days i guess. This was back when starter jackets were popular. My friend that was riding the bus with me had one.Some enterprising guys in the neighborhood we were catching the bus in figured out a good way of getting starter jackets for free and that was by just taking them.

Well i saw the guys walk by and they were looking us over. **** i was 6 ft 2 175 at the time.I looked like a rail. I knew it was going to be trouble and i was just about to tell my friend we should start walking when bang they were all around us. The guy came up to my friend and said he liked his jacket. My friend said He liked it too so the guy punched my friend right in the mouth. My friend was on the soccer team and was a fast ************. He was gone poof. So there i am. No cool jacket to take just a tall skinny white guy.

THey decided i was going to get an ass whooping and i wasnt in the mood for one . I committed myself to the notion that the first guy to grab me im going to stab the fucker good and deep. I had the knife in my pocket and when the guy grabbed me i pulled it out and drilled him as hard as i could right in his side.

As i said earlier. His eyes widened his jaw dropped and he fell where he stood. I used him as a hole stepped on him and ran my ass off to the Kentucky fried chicken across the street. Unfortunately that was out of the frying pan and into the fire type **** there.

There is more but im sure i wrote this before some where when people were talking about multiple attackers or some ****.This was just the part that pertained to stabbing.

Posted On:
    5/31/2006 10:54pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    On a side note i broke the locking mechanism on the folding knife when i stabbed the guy. I know it wasnt a super expensive knife or anything and i have seen demonstrations since where they put insane amouint of weight on the locking mechanism to show it wont break however in my humble opinion if you plan on using a knife to stab someone i think you are better off with a fixed blade.

Posted On:
    5/31/2006 10:55pm

hall of famestaff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Any legal ramifications?
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12 3456 LastLast