Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/17/2006 11:13pm

Style: BJJ & MT

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I took first in no gi and third in gi. I was really unhappy with my performances for various reasons but at least I know what I need to work on.

The Villain was an animal, competing in four divisons and finishing with one gold and two silvers.

It was really fucking hot in that goddamn place.

i keep tryin to spar, but nothin happens!

Posted On:
    6/18/2006 9:24am

supporting member
     Style: karate / bjj

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    congrats guys. villain, which weight class were you in?

i lost my first match (no gi novice under 159) to a kimura after putting my opponent in a guillotine for about two and a half minutes; i MIGHT have gotten him if we hadn't run off the mats and reset (into, naturally, a looser grip).

i lost my second match (blue belt gi <159) to an overhard armbar; i don't think it did any permanent damage, but my right elbow presently has reduced rom. however, i got third place by doing this, as the other guy who lost in that division bowed out due to injury. (he would have kicked my ass anyway, from what i saw of his performance in other divisions. and he was cool, too - gave a very narrow win to an opponent in no gi so he could lay off his injured arm)

i got to sit down and keep time for the last hour or two in ring one; mostly watched white belts refuse to attempt takedowns. next time, i'm going to stick to volunteering - it's a lot more fun, doesn't cost $$$ and they feed you.

did you guys see the pro fights, or any of the stuff up in the ring? pretty good stuff. saw a great spinning backfist knockout in the afternoon. when we left, the ring was inhabited by a couple of kickboxers who were shorter than the ring ropes.

i keep tryin to spar, but nothin happens!

Posted On:
    6/18/2006 6:35pm

supporting member
     Style: karate / bjj

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    i was in novice cause i've got very little no gi experience. it's not something we've worked with any regularity until the past couple months, and even that's mostly just rolling no gi at the end of class (after we roll gi). that, and i don't particularly care for no gi in general.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12