Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/30/2006 12:55am

Style: Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by BFGalbraith
    "Southern California" is a very big place, can you be more specific?
    Anywhere in LA would be fine. I live in northern Long Beach and don't mind driving so much. The border of Orange County isn't too far from me, Redondo Beach would be fine, basically anything with-in a half-hour or so from me.

Day Tripper/Dream Weaver

Posted On:
    5/30/2006 8:44am

supporting member
     Style: Shorei-ryu & Kumdo & TKD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jettatore
    And I certaintly didn't see anything of that sort mentioned when I filled out my address, information and signed for what I thought was just for insurance/liability purposes. If I did, it was completely unintentional as I would have never agreed to something of the sort had I had that knowledge to begin with.
    Do you have a copy of everything you signed? If so, then read it over very carefully. If not then get a copy right away.
    Jeremy M. Talbott

Quote Originally Posted by Phrost
    "Bullshido isn't just a place to hang out when you're browsing the net. We really are trying to accomplish something fucking extraordinary here that nobody's ever had the balls to do before."
    Quote Originally Posted by D.Murray
    "Which is better, to learn the truth, or to enjoy the illusion of being right when you are not?"
    Quote Originally Posted by hangooknamja88 View Post
    My definition of Ki is our energy. it's rather hard to explain it in words. It's not some mystical type of energy like white people...

SUPPORT BULLSHIDO!

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/30/2006 9:12am

Style: Jujutsu, freestyle Karate

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I have a nagging suspicion that there is no contract, and this guy just doesn't know it. He probably signed a fucking waiver and, after spooking himself with a few misunderstood Bullshido articles, decided he must have been ripped off.
    $125 a month isn't really too far from the going rate these days, and why piss and moan about an Atama gi? It could have been a Pro-Force.

All Out of Bubblegum

Posted On:
    5/30/2006 9:26am

supporting memberforum leader
     Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    $100 for a (I assume) single weave white atama isn't out of line, btw It's about retail, you're not getting a *discount,* but it's nothing crazy.
    There's no choice but to confront you, to engage you, to erase you. I've gone to great lengths to expand my threshold of pain. I will use my mistakes against you. There's no other choice.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/30/2006 9:44am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The Gi price didn't bother me nor did the $100 insurance/registration. Otherwise I wouldn't have joined in the first place.

The Annual Contract is a killer for me, and I didn't know about it. I'm not even going to be living in the area for a full year. And the only thing I remember signing was a liability waiver. Again, I'll see how this ends up getting resolved, but theres no way I can afford the $1500 annual membership when all is said and done, theres no way I could make use of a full years membership and I obviously don't want to have a hastle to deal with as far as my credit rating is concerned.

So yeah, I'm a bit upset I got myself into this mess. Thanks for the heads up on the Gi and monthly rate being the norm, if thats the case they are probably a reasonable bunch and will understand my situation so now I am hopefull. Probably jumping to an early conclusion on the McDojo assumption but that all depends on how this works out in the end. Thanks guys.

Porcupine/Hollywood, FL & Parmistan via Elbonia

Posted On:
    5/30/2006 9:52am

supporting member
     Style: creonte on hiatus

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The Gi price didn't bother me nor did the $100 insurance/registration. Otherwise I wouldn't have joined in the first place.

The Annual Contract is a killer for me, and I didn't know about it. I'm not even going to be living in the area for a full year. And the only thing I remember signing was a liability waiver. Again, I'll see how this ends up getting resolved, but theres no way I can afford the $1500 annual membership when all is said and done, theres no way I could make use of a full years membership and I obviously don't want to have a hastle to deal with as far as my credit rating is concerned.

So yeah, I'm a bit upset I got myself into this mess. Thanks for the heads up on the Gi and monthly rate being the norm, if thats the case they are probably a reasonable bunch and will understand my situation so now I am hopefull. Probably jumping to an early conclusion on the McDojo assumption but that all depends on how this works out in the end. Thanks guys.
    How can you not know you were signing a contract? Anyways, in the form that filled in, did you put your credit card number or checking account? If so, then most likely you did sign a contract.

Though it is possible, I doubt any bizness would make you sign a contract without first getting the financial info. necessary to make direct withdrawals as a form of payments.
    Read this for flexibility and injury prevention, this, this and this for supplementation, this on grip conditioning, and this on staph. New: On strenght standards, relationships and structural balance. Shoulder problems? Read this.

My crapuous vlog and my blog of training, stuff and crap. NEW: Me, Mrs. Macho and our newborn baby.

New To Weight Training? Get the StrongLifts 5x5 program and Rippetoe's "Starting Strength, 2nd Ed". Wanna build muscle/gain weight? Check this article. My review on Tactical Nutrition here.

t-nation - Dissecting the deadlift. Anatomy and Muscle Balancing Videos.

The street argument is retarded. BJJ is so much overkill for the street that its ridiculous. Unless you're the idiot that picks a fight with the high school wrestling team, barring knife or gun play, the opponent shouldn't make it past double leg + ground and pound - Osiris

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/30/2006 10:02am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    No, I paid for the Gi and the first month in cash. Later I was asked for my credit card which I thought was just for the inusrance registration. Then later I was re-asked for my information inputed via a laptop. I'm sure it was just a bunch of mis-communication but everything was done in 3 or 4 different days. Never once did they tell me I couldn't cancel. With the strong possibility of me moving again with-in the next 2-4 months I just never would have done such a thing knowingly. All in all though, I think the people who run the place are pretty cool, we should be able to work something out, here's hoping.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/30/2006 10:07am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The sadest thing is. If there was no contract, and I didn't have to pay for next month which I can't use because I'm on the other side of the County during that time, then I'd have been able to afford to come right back to it in July and continue on for as long as I live in the area.

Administrator

Posted On:
    5/30/2006 10:17am

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The sadest thing is. If there was no contract, and I didn't have to pay for next month which I can't use because I'm on the other side of the County during that time, then I'd have been able to afford to come right back to it in July and continue on for as long as I live in the area.
    Do you have the contract at home?

This sounds like many of the BJJ competition schools. I've read many threads where they have 6 months and 12 month contracts so people commit to training. Also, most contracts (not all) have a clause that, if you move a certain distance away, you can break the contract.

No offense, I think you didn't read properly. You should post the website so people who might train can explain the contract.

Just some good advice, don't give out your Credit Card number.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/30/2006 10:33am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I don't believe I signed a contract and if I did I missed the fine print. When I spoke to the head instructor on the phone last night he informed me about the yearly contract. I was never given a copy of any paperwork.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 12 34 LastLast