230834 Bullies, 4272 online  
  • Register
Our Sponsors:

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

ORNYTHORINQUE!... BOIT-SANS-SOIF!... BACHI-BOUZOUK!

Posted On:
    2/29/2012 1:57am

supporting member
     Style: Judo, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Six year old necro and:

Quote Originally Posted by NWFA View Post
    Portland Martial Arts;

Northwest Fighting Arts - Muay Thai, Boxing, Jiu Jitus, MMA, Eskrima, Tai Chi, & Qigong Portland

1200 SE Morrison St. Portland, OR 97214

nwfighting.com

That's all I need to know.
    Last edited by The Cap; 2/29/2012 1:57am at . Reason: bolding.

Choked out by Gene Lebell

Posted On:
    3/05/2012 9:31pm

supporting member
     Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by bshovan View Post
    My first encounter with Prof. Jay was app. 20 years ago when I attended one of his seminars. No idea about his background at the time, he asked me about my training. I told him my first instructor in the MA was at my high school in Ju-Jutsu with Sensei Ramon " Lolo " Ancho. Prof. Jay told me that he and Sensei Ancho had roots way back to Hawaii in the Okazaki system. Prof. Jay then used me for the majority of the seminar as his Uki, a proud moment in my life.
    At the time, being a martial artist who questioned anything I felt needed questioning, and after a countless number of joint locking experiences from him, I asked him, " what happens if I really resisted and started to apply counter movements and atemi against his waza to me?" All I can say is that it was a lesson learned quickly.
    Make no doubt about it, whatever perceptions of his true Martial Arts capabilities and knowledge the public has of Prof. Jay, in reality, he is a true Master to those that know.

Bill
    Anyone who thinks Wally Jay was "full of it" never met him and didn't know him. I did, personally and well. Sadly his "group" is not Wally Jay. Wally felt EVERY SCJJ person should be doing Judo. To quote him "If your Judo is strong your jujitsu will be strong. If your Judo is weak your Jujitsu will be week. Wally was a legit badass in his younger days, and lots of people in the know will tell you that, such as Gene LeBell.

Sadly things fell apart at the end and now that he is gone its REALLY falling apart. Really sad; but I am thankful for the time I spent with "The Professor" and I learned many things from him to get more out of my submissions, as anyone I have ever put my hands on will tell you.

Do not be so quick to run with a narrative that you miss the truths in the telling.....
    "Out of every hundred men, ten shouldn't even be there, eighty are just targets, nine are the real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, for they make the battle. Ah, but the one, one is a warrior, and he will bring the others back." -- Hericletus, circa 500 BC

Posted On:
    11/19/2014 6:54pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sophist View Post
    No. ...

The reason that stuff isn't seen in MMA isn't because it's forbidden. It's mostly because the techniques are stupid.
    Small joint manipulation is certainaly forbidden in MMA. Wally Jay was able to do small joint manipulation out of Boxing and Judo. Very few seem to be aware of this. It requires a level of sensitivity that even fewer can imagine. If you find a school that can teach this, you will be surprised at how effective it is. Pain makes believers.
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345