Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 5 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/31/2006 9:59pm

Style: JKD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I disagree, just about everything I have seen from scjj sucks. Seriously sucks. I put it with akido on the suckage scale.

Look at wally's protege (Leon) - he sucks

suck fest

I don't mean to be disrespectful but I am sure wally would have enjoyed some of the new grappling systems almost as much as his son enjoys no touch ko

OFFICIAL Mayor of Cwcville

Posted On:
    5/31/2006 10:04pm

supporting member
     Style: Electricity, Speed

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    " what happens if I really resisted and started to apply counter movements and atemi against his waza to me?"
    I think part of the reason people think Small-Circle Jiu Jitsu works is because its target audience is people who say "atemi waza" instead of "punch you in the face".
    Captain's Log: Just a little update for all my TRUE and HONEST friends out there:

1) I am STRAIGHT! I am STRAIGHT! Get it through your thick skulls, numbskulls!

2) My name is not Ian Brandon Something.

3) Kacey is coming with me now. I have stolen her from the other Christian Weston Chandler.

REMINDER: I am still the one and only true creator of sonichu and rosechu electric hedgehog pokemon

OOOOOOOOOOAAARRGGHH RLY?

Posted On:
    6/01/2006 12:02am

supporting member
     Style: In Transition

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Wazaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!

OFFICIAL Mayor of Cwcville

Posted On:
    6/01/2006 12:51am

supporting member
     Style: Electricity, Speed

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    For the record, there were countless instances in my karate class where Sensei would demonstrate a dumbass one-armed block with his face wide open, and he'd rhetorically ask, "But can't he just punch me with his free arm?.....NOT HAPPENIN', PAL!" then perform an equally dumbass block on the other arm.
    Captain's Log: Just a little update for all my TRUE and HONEST friends out there:

1) I am STRAIGHT! I am STRAIGHT! Get it through your thick skulls, numbskulls!

2) My name is not Ian Brandon Something.

3) Kacey is coming with me now. I have stolen her from the other Christian Weston Chandler.

REMINDER: I am still the one and only true creator of sonichu and rosechu electric hedgehog pokemon

OOOOOOOOOOAAARRGGHH RLY?

Posted On:
    6/01/2006 1:29am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I remember we were doing wrist locks in TKD and the BB teaching tried to show me "advanced" throws.

So, I was demonstrating what I knew to him so he could figure out what to show me next. Grabs left wrist with left arm? No problem. Opposite? No problem. Same side hand? No problem. BAM! What if he grabs my wrist with BOTH of his hands?

I swear. He was expecting me to do some weird wrist lock throw when he is holding my wrist with both of his hands. I just did a punch to his face (duh) and he said "Heh..." and we moved on.

And then gem that I will never forget is when I was sparring (with the BB again) and I start punching. Not knowing how to punch and weighing 130 lbs vs someone who is 6'2" and 180lbs and is wearing a chest pad means I won't even phase him. So the head instructor says "No no no! You're doing it wrong! Those punches are good for forms, but for fighting, you need to put your weight behind them!"

I was like "What the ****? Then why the hell do we spend so much time on forms???"

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/01/2006 2:10am

Style: BJJ & MT

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryno
    SBG is obviously a good option. Team Quest would be another. http://www.tqfc.com/DesktopDefault.a...dex=6&tabid=31
    I was reading all the, "you'd have to be crazy to train anywhere but SBG!" responses and all I could think was, isn't Team Quest in Portland? I mean, sure SBG is a great place to train but I think it's worth at least considering a school that has a former UFC champion and a current Pride champion.

OOOOOOOOOOAAARRGGHH RLY?

Posted On:
    6/01/2006 2:23am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I didn't know Team Quest was there. But, SBG was a mere 5 minute walk + 2.2 miles away.

Posted On:
    6/01/2006 4:45am

Style: Judo, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt Bernius
    Really? I thought Tanswell developed STAB on his own prior to his involvement with SBGi.

- Matt
    You're probably right. I said SBG 'cos Tanswell is an SBG instructor these days and SBG distributes STAB; I'd probably have been equally lazy about anything else in the SBG curriculum that was developed by one of their instructors in pre-SBG days.

And while Team Quest is a great gym, I think SBG puts more thought and attention into the "self-defence" aspect than MMA gyms tend to, which probably makes it more suited for the original poster.

Posted On:
    2/28/2012 5:44pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Portland Martial Arts;

Northwest Fighting Arts - Muay Thai, Boxing, Jiu Jitus, MMA, Eskrima, Tai Chi, & Qigong Portland

1200 SE Morrison St. Portland, OR 97214

nwfighting.com

Here to kick your ass.

Posted On:
    2/28/2012 5:55pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by NWFA View Post
    Portland Martial Arts;

Northwest Fighting Arts - Muay Thai, Boxing, Jiu Jitus, MMA, Eskrima, Tai Chi, & Qigong Portland

1200 SE Morrison St. Portland, OR 97214

nwfighting.com
    Man, this is a six year old thread. Please remember to check the dates on the posts and threads before posting, unless what you have to say is really relevant and important.

Chaos? Panic?... Disorder??
    .........................​My work here is done.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 5 LastLast