Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12 345 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/29/2006 10:26pm

Style: JKD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Don, what train incident are you talking about?

Why would people get banned for suggesting that someone gets medical attention?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/29/2006 11:10pm

Style: BJJ/ Judo/ MT

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Don, what train incident are you talking about?

Why would people get banned for suggesting that someone gets medical attention?
    You missed the joke....

BJJ wins again!

Posted On:
    5/30/2006 1:13am

supporting member
     Style: Guns

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I say, I say, that's a yolk, son. I made a FUNNY.

Posted On:
    5/30/2006 6:53am

Style: Judo, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Deviated Septum
    EDIT: one thing though. Maybe I'm remembering this wrong, but I thought there was a post on the main page not too long ago mocking this very school for its "aliveness" philosophy? Am I remembering this wrong?
    If you think the home page had something mocking "aliveness", yes, you're probably remembering it wrong. Thornton is held in seriously high repute here, and his appearances on the front page tend to be because what he says is right in line with this site's mission. His curriculum is combat-sport and MMA-based, but with a heavy weighting towards self defense. SBG is also responsible for the STAB (Survival Tactics Against Blade) knife defence program, which is one of the few knife defence courses that is trained against fully resisting opponents.

And this is Straight Blast Gym headquarters. It's one of the best places in the world to train for unarmed self defence. Even considering any other school in your area would be lunacy.

Sexiest Punching Bag Alive

Posted On:
    5/30/2006 7:11am

Style: BJJ/Judo/Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yup, even if I had to walk with no shoes, both ways uphill and while carring a bee's nest I would go to SBG if I was you.

Posted On:
    5/30/2006 11:46am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: None yet

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sophist
    If you think the home page had something mocking "aliveness", yes, you're probably remembering it wrong. Thornton is held in seriously high repute here, and his appearances on the front page tend to be because what he says is right in line with this site's mission. His curriculum is combat-sport and MMA-based, but with a heavy weighting towards self defense. SBG is also responsible for the STAB (Survival Tactics Against Blade) knife defence program, which is one of the few knife defence courses that is trained against fully resisting opponents.

And this is Straight Blast Gym headquarters. It's one of the best places in the world to train for unarmed self defence. Even considering any other school in your area would be lunacy.
    You guys have convinced me. I'll check it out. Any idea what I might expect to pay? No prices are listed online ...

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    5/30/2006 11:47am

Business Class Supporting Member
     Aesopian.com 

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Matt is a great coach with an awesome gym. You'd be retarded to not train at the SBG.

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    5/30/2006 1:48pm

Business Class Supporting Member
     Aesopian.com 

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You can email dallas.vanwinkle at gmail.com and he'll be happy to help you setup a free class and answer any questions.

Posted On:
    5/30/2006 3:28pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Stay far away from the small circle school. I attended for a month or so. I never broke a sweat and quickly learned that it was complete bs. You will never learn anything of value there. Come by SBG and try out a free class. If you are close to the small circle school you should be within easy bus or max access to SBG. Believe me one month of SBG is better than years at the small circle place.

Ghost of Kawaishi

Posted On:
    5/30/2006 4:29pm

Style: judo, parenting

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    http://www.newbreedacademy.com/

David Hagen, Team Quest's kickboxing coach is now teaching standup striking classes at New Breed, in addition to Carlson Gracie black belts, and you know like stuff.
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12 345 LastLast