226197 Bullies, 4004 online  
  • Register
Our Sponsors:

Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Enforcer of Northeast Anti-Silliness Department Inc.

Posted On:
    5/27/2006 12:42am

supporting member
     Style: Kaju, BJJ, Judo, Kempo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

MACP Video

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...q=martial+arts

It seems the US military doesn't "get it" either, when it comes to their apparent rejection of dead training in favor of live training beginning with BJJ and moving into wrestling, Boxing, and Muay Thai for H2H training. :rolleyes:

Ex-ninja

Posted On:
    5/27/2006 1:17am

Style: Muso Shinden Ryu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Nicely done.

Of cousre, we know that sportfighters suck on teh b4ttl3field, so invariably, we'll start hearing stories about how wing chun or ninjutsu saved someone's life in Iraq or Afghanistan.
    --
    L.

Posted On:
    5/27/2006 1:31am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lane
    Nicely done.

Of cousre, we know that sportfighters suck on teh b4ttl3field, so invariably, we'll start hearing stories about how wing chun or ninjutsu saved someone's life in Iraq or Afghanistan.
    Yeah! I couldn't believe it, just a few minutes into that vid where the guy starts talking about how the most important part of their training is their ability to SPAR and train LIVE with their techniques. Everyone knows that sparring builds bad habits! Stupid jarheads just don't get it do they!? They got suckered in like the rest of the ignorant morons in America with this stupid sport fighting UFC craze.

"The central theme of all the techniques in the modern army combatives program, is the idea that you can practice them against a fully resistant opponent. This idea allows us to use competitions as a tool to spur on training. Soldiers can compete, to become the champion of their unit at all levels. They can also be asked to compete at any time. Finished a 6 mile road march? You and you, FIGHT. It's that simple."

Stupid, stupid stupid....encouraging competitons and ego-infested testosterone fests? And they wonder why our soldiers are having such a hard time winning the hearts and minds over there. They are too focused on their ineffective sport-fighting, instead of learning practical teh deadly techniques that they can use to defend themselves, while spending more time on utilizing proper body language to deter violence. Remember....disengagement rather than engagement is always the best policy.

Ad Hominem rocks.

Posted On:
    5/27/2006 3:17am

supporting member
     Style: BJJ, mma

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    hahah this is cool
    "the winner of the hand to hand fighting combat, will be the one whos buddy shows up first with a gun."

Awesome.

My guns bigger than Scrapper's!

Posted On:
    5/27/2006 6:28am

supporting member
     Style: Kakutogi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    They tried making me learn and teach that crap. I was all like, "Phsssh, I don't need this I got Aikido and my pressure points will take care of anyone."
    ______
    Xiao Ao Jiang Hu Zhi Dong Fang Bu Bai (Laughing Proud Warrior Invincible Asia) Dark Emperor of Baji!!!

RIP SOLDIER

Didn't anyone ever tell him a fat man could never be a ninja
    -Gene, GODHAND

You can't practice Judo just to win a Judo Match! You practice so that no matter what happens, you can win using Judo!
    The key to fighting two men at once is to be much tougher than both of them.
    -Daniel Tosh

Posted On:
    5/27/2006 7:34am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by LORD ASIA
    They tried making me learn and teach that crap. I was all like, "Phsssh, I don't need this I got Aikido and my pressure points will take care of anyone."
    Interesting, because on a serious note, when black belt mag ran an article about this program, alot of people in and out of the military were up in arms about their training regimen. But alot of people wrote in enlightening us to the fact that the most people that were against it, were those who had past (dead) martial arts training experience.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/27/2006 10:18am

Style: BJJ, Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'm slightly disgusted by how he says the sidemount "isn't really dominant".
    But at least they're moving in the right direction.

I'm sure that guard pass has been ridiculed already, so I'll leave well enough alone.
    Last edited by Mjelva; 5/27/2006 10:23am at .

U.S. Army

Posted On:
    5/27/2006 10:24am

Style: Aikido/MACP/BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I gotta battlefield story for you.

I can tell you about one soldier I was training this week that wrapped a guillotine around a guy and knifed him the gut over and over until he died.

He thanked me for spending the time teaching him MAC-P as it saved his life.

So for all you wannabees out there that have not real experience in this stuff or "theoretically" understand combat and what it takes to be a warrior and survive on the battlefield...you might want to try it out for real a few times, or talk to those that have done it before start saying we are wasting our time.

Matt Larson and crew spent many years researching this stuff...it wasn't an overnight "hey lets jump on the sportfighting" bandwagon. More time, effort, and money went into this program than any self proclaimed Shihan will have spent on his training or certificates bought from the internet!

You don't even need half the skills we teach to win a fight...however, it still works. We have the soldiers that have "been there, done that" to prove that it does.

Sorry you have your ego so committed to your various arts that you cannot see past the reality of the situation.

I studied/study shorinji ryu and aikido for years. Since spending my time in MAC-P and with guys like Asia...I have reassessed my arts and have moved on. I still study these things as they have relevance...but I also have a much more mature view of martial arts now and what is important.

Nothing wrong with TMA....it just don't work for the situations our military must deal with, and in the training environment.

If you ain't a part of the program and in the Army...you probably wouldn't understand. Train about a 1000 joes in this stuff and you will come to an understanding about the dynamics it takes to teach and spread martial skill.

I don't teach joes the same way I train the guys that I work with in aikido or BJJ...it is a different dynamic.

U.S. Army

Posted On:
    5/27/2006 10:26am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by LORD ASIA

You talking about me Asia? I remember the day I met you in the post Gym teaching our Company Commanders aikido. Sounds familiar doesn't it?

U.S. Army

Posted On:
    5/27/2006 11:38am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You guys are looking at that guard pass in the wrong light. I never pass the guard that way in reality.

What you find though after teaching about 1000 soldiers though is that it does teach/transmit habits and skill necessary to move on to other things.

Actually drill I is a very good drill for developing a base. You have to start somewhere. Problem with BJJ in application to MAC-P is that when you only have so many hours to train guys, and you are doing it broad spectrum to cover both GI/NO GI environments....you have to develop a standard.

It works in transmitting the basic habits necessary to move on.

You won't understand it until you have a class of 40 uncoordinated Infantrymen with no skill and you watch them learn the drill...forget what you just told them and "shortcut" it. At least with the drill...if they shortcut it...they are probably going to do most things correct.

If I teach them a more effective standing pass or another more efficient way...they will forget that too...the difference is that they will be in a worse of situation when they forget it!

Trust me, you won't understand unless you actually have to teach Army dudes and prepare them for the environment that they will be working in.

Is it perfect? No, nothing is. Is it better than what most have to offer? Yes. Will it evolve...probably as we have more people learn it.

Funny thing is that I see this very pass in Helio's new expensive book too!