222433 Bullies, 4275 online  
  • Register
Our Sponsors:

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Yes Koto got his name changed, quit asking...

Posted On:
    5/29/2006 12:24pm

supporting member
     Style: Kyokushin Karate

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    And they're actually really strict about letting in convicted criminals within the past few decades. Unless it was something relatively minor, they won't take you (supposedly).

Posted On:
    5/29/2006 12:31pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by TCDD
    No, I was referring to nearly every major battle the legion has fought, algeria, dien bein phu, camaron... against its own government....

and to paraphrase a famous tactician (who may have been sun tzu, i can't remember)

'don't fear surrender, for it lets you fight your enemy another day...'
    Ever heard of a little something called Verdun? I'd say that was reasonably major.

Posted On:
    5/29/2006 12:33pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Shawarma
    You are apparently referring to Legion's celebration of the battle of Camaron, where 50 legionaires held off about 1500 Mexican troops attacking a supply train en route to a French army besieging a key Mexican city.

I think you'd be hard pressed to think of any great military VICTORIES that were halfway as badass as this particular defeat. The closest one I can think of would be the battle at Rourke's Drift, where 150 British colonial troops routed 5000 zulus, and the zulus weren't anywhere near as well-trained or equipped as the Mexican army.
    Thermopylae. Several thousand Spartans, Thespians, and their allies fought anywhere from 200,000 to 500,000 Persians (this is a modern estimate, though some historians believe it was actually a few million). While the Spartans and their allies fell to the last man, they still held up the army for three days and killed over 20,000 of their enemies. This is where the well-known quote of Dienekes, a Spartan soldier, was said. When he was told that the Persian arrows could blot out the sun, he replied casually "So much the better, we shall fight in the shade."

Posted On:
    5/29/2006 12:40pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Another favourite of mine. Those ancient Greeks were hella tough.

Posted On:
    5/29/2006 12:56pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    They keep 2 REP on Corsica now, because of that attempted coup. They do a nice little 220-mile hump once a year for tradition.

Posted On:
    5/29/2006 1:05pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The FL also does a lot of peacekeeping around the world, most notably in Africa and Kosovo.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/29/2006 1:41pm

Style: FMA/MT

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Verdun...Verdun , let me see ah yes that'll be the pig fucking fest where 800,000 men of all sides died for no fucking good reason. that was not a victory, you may notice the First World war went on for two more years.....
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123