Page 2 of 26 FirstFirst 12 345612 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    5/27/2006 4:14pm

supporting memberforum leader
     Style: Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Holy mother of god, that movie was a complete trainwreck. Fucking terrible. I hated it. Compared to this movie, the first two were masterpieces, and the first two weren't all that amazing. Seriously, Daredevil was more compelling. DAREDEVIL! That's how bad it was.
    "No. Listen to me because I know what I'm talking about here." -- Hannibal

Posted On:
    5/27/2006 4:43pm

Join us... or die
     Style: FBSD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Garbanzo Bean
    DAREDEVIL! That's how bad it was.
    Original, or special edition?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/27/2006 4:57pm

Style: BJJ, TKD, Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    the movie was aweful. Not the writers fault exactly, nor the actors but if you knew the whole story with the production problems they had with this film (actors dropping out, director leaving, Etc.) you'd know why this movie was so bad.

The positive reviews some people are giving this movie in this thread are great examples why I hate big budget blockbuster style movies that are pumped out without a shred of dignity.

The plot was full of holes. (oh yeah, multiple personality disorder)
    **** blowing up for no particular reason.
    Lame speeches.
    Zero character developement.
    100 new and stupid mutants thrown in (my mutant power is pins sticking out of my face)

all in all this movie had no heart.

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    5/27/2006 5:12pm

supporting member
     Style: Short Fist Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Holy mother of god, that movie was a complete trainwreck. Fucking terrible. I hated it. Compared to this movie, the first two were masterpieces, and the first two weren't all that amazing. Seriously, Daredevil was more compelling. DAREDEVIL! That's how bad it was.
    If it is being compared to DD there must be something seriously wrong with it.
    I am going to se it tommorrow, I guess i will find out then.
    " If one wants to have a friend one must also want to wage war for him: and to wage war one must be capable of being an enemy." - Fr. Nietzsche 'On The Friend' Thus Spake Zarathustra

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/27/2006 5:41pm

Style: looking for new style

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You compare X3 to Daredevil? Daredevil was a bag of bollocks.
    There's no way X3 was anywhere near as bad as that.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/27/2006 6:05pm

Style: Muay Thai, CSW

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ikken Hisatsu
    let me guess, you are one of those faggots who argue about how illogical terminator 3 is right? its a fucking action movie. you go to an action movie to see wolverine stab people and magneto **** **** up. and the naked chick.
    actually i just don't think X3 was as good as X2. it still had the action of the first two but lacked the social-commentary and character development. it's fine that you wanted to watch it just for action but i wanted to see something that would be better or just as good as the first two.
    Last edited by Leon S Kennedy; 5/27/2006 6:34pm at .

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/27/2006 6:11pm

Style: Muay Thai, CSW

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    oh, and i actually like Terminator 3. i didn't find any problems with it at all.

Posted On:
    5/27/2006 6:39pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    What happend after the credits? I didn't sit there watching them.

Registered Member

I'm surrounded by farms in middle america.

Posted On:
    5/27/2006 6:41pm

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    X is still alive in the coma body he talks about when teaching.

I was very disappointed in this movie. Damn it. A Pox on whatever made this movie suck.

Perpetually Punchdrunk

Posted On:
    5/27/2006 11:45pm

Style: TKD, MT

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Leon S Kennedy
    actually i just don't think X3 was as good as X2. it still had the action of the first two but lacked the social-commentary and character development. it's fine that you wanted to watch it just for action but i wanted to see something that would be better or just as good as the first two.
    There's social commentary. It just doesn't go particularly deep.

Terrorism, pro-life, pro-choice, homosexuality as a disease.. they're all present in some form. I can't help but think the very last scene after the end credits was a dig at the whole Schiavo feeding-tube thing. The problem is showing images that seem vaguely similar to anti-abortion rallies without any other deeper discussion.

X3 was entertaining for what it is: a BLAM (big loud action movie). It's got everything down to a formula. T&A, quick quips and one-liners, big explosions, bombastic music that removes any hint of emotional subtlety and lots of over the top SFX. I was totally waiting for a far better Iceman/Pyro fight than that stupid little DBZ-like affair. And Psylocke having such a pathetic minor role with the Morlocks and getting wiped out?

Still. That last bit w/ Magneto in the park was totally awesome. Shamelessly leaves the series open for X4, but it was a really nice reference to the Ultimate X-Men line.
    Rad ki was made up by adolescents. I do not know who created trad ki but it was not made by adolescents. your an ass dude, Im not being a little bitch you are, your past the level of a bitch. Your beyond Bitch! If im easting my time with ki and psi, then your wasting time to prove frauds, and all **** like that! -theoutsider

Kick boxing is ok, but don't expect do beat a man like Rickson Gracie with that. You need a real martial art. You need Xing Yi Quan. -Emptyflower

The splits, how ever, have a few martial uses. Doing the splits for me, can put my fists in testical strike range.

dont ignore the Art for the Martial or else your just kick boxing

Yes i am serious, there are kicks that can block punches. we have them in Moo duk kwan.
    I want to learn how to use them in case my arm gets broken in a fight.
    what would you have me do? if my arm gets broke, not block punches? -sempi-stone
Page 2 of 26 FirstFirst 12 345612 ... LastLast