Hell yeah! Hell no!

Worth the time? (time =money)

Chuck Liddell's set
    http://www.mma.tv/mmastore//index.cf...Detail&PID=508

Tito Ortiz's set
    http://www.mma.tv/mmastore//index.cf...Detail&PID=509

Several MMA names involved
    http://www.mma.tv/mmastore//index.cf...Detail&PID=355

Anyone know if any of these are a good buy? Anyone who knows me or has seen me around these forums should know that I am interested in ways to keep a fight stand up. I know that Chuck Lidell is a reputable sprawl and brawler. This fighting style really appeals to me as well as clinch and pound for obvious reasons... I prefer to strike.

Check em out. Let me know. If you have ever purchased these... DEFINETLY let me know. And if you think its just a money sink using big names... let me know...

Administrator

Posted On:
    5/26/2006 1:37am

staff
     Style: Chinese Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by ThorsMitersaw
    No, this was Chuck in his early Career. Hell I know they don't make a dime on these videos anymore anyway. Chuck's game is completely different now.

Same originally designed by Island Video in 1999. Ortiz is a completely different fighter now and these tapes don't do them justice.

Administrator

Posted On:
    5/26/2006 1:38am

staff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    This on the other hand is old but great. Buy it.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/26/2006 2:38pm

Style: Western Boxing mostly

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Omega
    No, this was Chuck in his early Career. Hell I know they don't make a dime on these videos anymore anyway. Chuck's game is completely different now.

Same originally designed by Island Video in 1999. Ortiz is a completely different fighter now and these tapes don't do them justice.
    really? The summaries of these videos seem to be coering alot of technique that seems applicable to my goals. Have you seen these videos before?

Administrator

Posted On:
    5/26/2006 3:16pm

staff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    really? The summaries of these videos seem to be coering alot of technique that seems applicable to my goals. Have you seen these videos before?
    YOu want me to kill you don't you. Don't you think I gave you some fairly detailed analysis all things considering? Yes, I've seen the damn videos, these videos were originally filmed by Island Video who then sold off the rights. I personally know Chuck Liddell and Scott Adams. Think before you say these things and don't give "well I didn't know" ****. I told you what date they were produced, whether they got money or not. Clue into this knowledge and it'll stop you from asking stupid questions. I told you to get the fighter's handbook which was made sometime in 2000. Are you getting it yet? Ew look at the tags above it says professional fighter......is this a big enough clue that I have an idea of what I"m talking about?

(Jeez people we've got to get some decent newbs here)

*welcome to bullshido kid.

Valiant Monk of Booze & War

Posted On:
    5/26/2006 3:20pm

supporting memberstaff
     Style: BJJ/C-JKD/KAAALIII!!!!!!!

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Omega,

Do you know what you're talking about?

Just wondering what your qualifications are.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/26/2006 3:23pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I mean I am not trying to second guess you but can you explain why you dont think they are that good? They seem to cover alot from wht is presented.

Wht do you know about the fighters notebook dvds? I cant find as comprehensive a summary of what they cover as the other 2? I looked at an index of covered techniques in the fighters notebook text version and its a mile long! (seen here:)

http://www.mixedmartialarts.com/figh...book_Index.cfm

If the dvds cover everything the book does then I suppose I would be more than satisfied. that being said would the manual be a worthwhile investment?

Administrator

Posted On:
    5/26/2006 3:24pm

staff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by DerAuslander108
    Omega,

Do you know what you're talking about?

Just wondering what your qualifications are.
    Eh go fucking practice your ballet bitch

Administrator

Posted On:
    5/26/2006 3:26pm

staff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I mean I am not trying to second guess you but can you explain why you dont think they are that good? They seem to cover alot from wht is presented.

Wht do you know about the fighters notebook dvds? I cant find as comprehensive a summary of what they cover as the other 2? I looked at an index of covered techniques in the fighters notebook text version and its a mile long! (seen here:)

http://www.mixedmartialarts.com/figh...book_Index.cfm

If the dvds cover everything the book does then I suppose I would be more than satisfied. that being said would the manual be a worthwhile investment?
    Trust me the fighter's notebook is the bomb. You'll be doing out moded exercises the other way. Not saying they aren't valid but your money is best spent on other video tapes.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/26/2006 3:33pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Omega
    YOu want me to kill you don't you. Don't you think I gave you some fairly detailed analysis all things considering? Yes, I've seen the damn videos, these videos were originally filmed by Island Video who then sold off the rights. I personally know Chuck Liddell and Scott Adams. Think before you say these things and don't give "well I didn't know" ****. I told you what date they were produced, whether they got money or not. Clue into this knowledge and it'll stop you from asking stupid questions. I told you to get the fighter's handbook which was made sometime in 2000. Are you getting it yet? Ew look at the tags above it says professional fighter......is this a big enough clue that I have an idea of what I"m talking about?

(Jeez people we've got to get some decent newbs here)

*welcome to bullshido kid.
    What the frick is wrong with you? I was clarifying your review. Jesus Christ, I am not trying to second guess you I am just tring to get some more information. I came here looking for some help not to be chewed out by someone with a head so big they need a wheel barrow to get around. Your attitude is exactly what made me quit the wrestling scene after high school and why I cant stand most of the guys in the UFC.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast