221956 Bullies, 4180 online  
  • Register
Our Sponsors:

View Poll Results: Do I live in a Twilight Zone-esqe nightmare world?

Voters
58. You may not vote on this poll
  • No. I agree Royce is a terribly overrated fighter and this nutriding is getting tiresome.

41 70.69%
  • Yes. Blah blah blah heavier opponents, something something Dan Severn.

17 29.31%
Page 1 of 9 1 2345 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

OFFICIAL Mayor of Cwcville

Posted On:
    5/29/2006 1:08am

supporting member
     Style: Electricity, Speed

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Am I Crazy? (Gracie/Hughes/X-men Spoilers)

Am I crazy in the coconut? Daft? Discombobulated? Or could it be that every single person on the planet sees something in Royce that I don't?

Yes, this is another Hughes/Gracie retrospective thread. Shut up.

So I just watched the fight and was absolutely apalled at the quantity and viscosity of Gracie knobslobbering by the commentators. Yes, we all know Royce invented groundfighting ten years ago and for that we all owe him an immeasurable debt. He's beat up more overweight Billy Ray Cirus impersonators than Mayor Mike Haggar, and for that he has my respect. He also submitted a pro-wrestler with two years' martial arts training, and an admittedly skilled wrestler with zero submission defense.

But that's it.

How is it that a guy whose entire claim to fame is deliberately choosing inferior opponents somehow became an underdog? How is it that such a notorious drama queen became a symbolof humility? Since when did armbarring Jason Delucia

Quote Originally Posted by Jason Delucia
    Cyclops dies in the new X-Men
    become a sign of technical mastery? And perhaps most perplexing, how is it that the one man who had been with the sport since the beginning, the man with a front-row seat to this evolution and revolution of martial arts, become so completely passive with his game and be treated like a goddamn confused little puppy?

Sorry I'm ranting, but the MMA community's rampant guzzling of Royce's seed is starting to piss me off. You know this **** is getting out of hand when Matt Hughes begins making excuses for his domination of Royce, blaming a size and strength advantage when Royce is seven pounds heavier than him.
    Last edited by Boyd; 5/29/2006 1:22am at .
    Captain's Log: Just a little update for all my TRUE and HONEST friends out there:

1) I am STRAIGHT! I am STRAIGHT! Get it through your thick skulls, numbskulls!

2) My name is not Ian Brandon Something.

3) Kacey is coming with me now. I have stolen her from the other Christian Weston Chandler.

REMINDER: I am still the one and only true creator of sonichu and rosechu electric hedgehog pokemon

resident sick ****

Posted On:
    5/29/2006 1:17am

Join us... or die
     Style: Being a total psychopath

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I suggest this is trolshidowed and the titled changed to X-Men 3 spoilers. I think it's impossible to measure someone's mental health by looking at what they say on a forum.

**** you math class

Posted On:
    5/29/2006 1:19am

supporting member
     Style: TKD, Ballet, Archery

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

OOOOOOOOOOAAARRGGHH RLY?

Posted On:
    5/29/2006 1:22am

supporting member
     Style: In Transition

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Boyd
    You know this **** is getting out of hand when Matt Hughes begins making excuses for his domination of Royce, blaming a size and strength advantage when Royce is seven pounds heavier than him.
    Did he list "being more skilled and a better fighter than Royce" as one of the excuses?

The gift that keeps on giving

Posted On:
    5/29/2006 1:24am

supporting member
     Style: On hiatus

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by boyd
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Jason Delucia
    Jean Gray dies in the new X-Men
    you're an asshole.
    Last edited by Steve; 5/29/2006 1:31am at .

OFFICIAL Mayor of Cwcville

Posted On:
    5/29/2006 1:26am

supporting member
     Style: Electricity, Speed

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt Hughes
    “I was surprised by the strength difference,” Hughes said. “And especially when I was on the ground with him. Wherever I wanted his hand, I put it there. I really shouldn’t be able to do that with somebody as talented as Royce.”
    We're not talking about some 300lb. steroid hobgoblin here. We're talking about a naturally smaller athlete who just so happens to be in better shape than the other. Royce isn't even the underdog anymore.
    Captain's Log: Just a little update for all my TRUE and HONEST friends out there:

1) I am STRAIGHT! I am STRAIGHT! Get it through your thick skulls, numbskulls!

2) My name is not Ian Brandon Something.

3) Kacey is coming with me now. I have stolen her from the other Christian Weston Chandler.

REMINDER: I am still the one and only true creator of sonichu and rosechu electric hedgehog pokemon

The gift that keeps on giving

Posted On:
    5/29/2006 1:27am

supporting member
     Style: On hiatus

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by boyd
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Jason Delucia
    Cyclops dies in the new X-Men
    you're an asshole.

edit: I edit cause I get pissed when someone is an asshole... It sucks cause I can't make contractions work when I'm pissed!
    Last edited by Steve; 5/29/2006 1:33am at .

I am a Ninja bitches!! Deal with it

Posted On:
    5/29/2006 8:05am

Join us... or die
     Style: Improv comedy

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    BASTARD!!

I haven't seen X Men yet!!!!!

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/29/2006 8:25am

Style: Muay Thai & "t3h gr4ppl3"

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Boyd
    He's beat up more overweight Billy Ray Cirus impersonators than Mayor Mike Haggar, and for that he has my respect. He also submitted a pro-wrestler with two years' martial arts training, and an admittedly skilled wrestler with zero submission defense.
    There weren't many well rounded fighters back then. And the UFC was basically playing the style vs. style angle, so it wouldn't have made sense to put Royce against another BJJ guy. And Shamrock and Severn were VERY formidable opponents who had a good chance of defeating Gracie. I respect Royce for being a fighter and playing a very big role in promoting the effectiveness of groundfighting. Royce just got beat by someone who is faster, stronger, younger, and more well rounded. Plain and simple. Royce didn't make any excuses for his loss and his nutriderz shouldn't either.

Posted On:
    5/29/2006 10:00am

Style: Sanda, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Just look how Gracie is advertised. "Undefeated in the Octagon!" Fine he's never been defeated in the Octagon, but he's lost and drawed numerous times overseas.

Clearly the Gracies can no longer dominate with the entry of "anti-grappling" in MMA.
Page 1 of 9 1 2345 ... LastLast